Skechers is a brand known for producing running shoes. With a refreshed line bringing new designs and looks to their range it is fair to say that there is plenty to choose from. Combining quality, comfort, and performance, their running shoes are commonly sought after by individuals who are looking to embark on regular runs and are searching for an excellent quality pair of running shoes to accompany them. Narrowing the market down to a singular pair can sometimes be a little challenging. We have done the hard work for you and selected our top five picks of the best Skechers running shoes. Below, you will also find a handy buyer’s guide that contains some important criteria for selecting the best pair.Are you in a hurry and excited to get running? If so, we have selected our top pick for you below.
Top 5 Best Skechers Running Shoes
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
The Skechers Go Run Razor 3 Sneakers have been designed for wear by male runners. Made using synthetic and mesh materials, these shoes also feature a rubber sole for increased comfort and durability. Mesh is a valuable feature of running shoes as this material ensures that there is efficient airflow which prevents the build-up of sweat and unwanted odors. Durability is accounted for thanks to the translucent ripstop upper which creates a breathable shoe with good support that is further benefited by the seamless non-stitch upper. This provides additional comfort for an all-round pleasant running experience. The shoe also features a molded heel for greater stability along with a more secure fit. Courtesy of the speed lacing system, there is a reduced amount of pressure placed upon the upper section of your foot, and the laces are simple to do up for easy wear.The Hyper burst midsole has been created following a supercritical process to create a lightweight shoe that is responsive and durable.Durability hasn’t been ignored in the exterior design of the shoe either. The outsole features specifically placed rubber onto the high impact areas of the shoe that are likely to have the most contact with the ground. This also provides a greater amount of traction allowing you to run with ease. Pros
- Retailing at a relatively low price, they are a great choice for runners looking for an affordable pair of shoes.
- They are the winner of the Runner’s World Gear of the year award which is a great indicator of their quality.
- With multiple color options available you can choose the style and design that caters to your preferences.
- Designed with durability in mind, these shoes are likely to see you through many wears without deteriorating in quality.
- The mesh design creates a breathable shoe with a prevented build-up of sweat.
- These shoes do not necessarily run true to size, so you may have to choose a larger size than what you typically would.
For many, the design of their shoe is just as important as the feel of the shoe and the flex appeal 2.0 sneakers do not disappoint. Impressively, these shoes are available in a range of sizes with wide options available too, perfectly catering to women with different foot sizes. Designed with an air foam memory sole insole you are guaranteed to enjoy a comfortable run when wearing these shoes. The comfortable knit jersey upper has been designed with comfort in mind. The air-cooled memory foam provides a fresher and more breathable environment for your feet allowing you to run greater distances with comfort. Conveniently, these shoes are easy to put on and take off courtesy of the lace-up system which is ideal for individuals who often find themselves rushing out the door before embarking on their runs. The inclusion of a flex sole 2.0 midsole provides greater shock absorption so you can enjoy a smooth ride even when traveling along rough or uneven terrain. The grips along the bottom also provide greater support.Pros
- Available in a range of colors, these shoes cater to different tastes.
- The memory foam cushioning provides enhanced comfort as you run.
- Designed with a lace-up system these running shoes are easy to put on and take off.
- The grips along the bottom of the shoe provide greater support when running along uneven terrain.
- These running shoes retail at an affordable price making them an ideal choice for runners on a budget.
- <li “=”” dir=”ltr” tve-droppable”=””>Those with wider feet may find the toe box to be a little small.
The Skechers Men’s Max Cushioning Walking and Running Sneakers have been designed with performance in mind, allowing you to run to the best of your ability from the get-go. Made with mesh fabric and a synthetic contrast grid overlay this is a durable and also aesthetically pleasing running shoe that is likely to see you through many runs without immediate deterioration to the quality. The rubber sole provides excellent grip and the grooves along the underfoot enable you to run with greater ease making it easier to travel along the toughest of surfaces. Courtesy of the cushioned design and ultra go cushioned platform you will feel as though you are walking on the clouds when wearing these shoes. Comfort has been included in all areas of the design too. Each of the materials used in the design of this shoe provides excellent breathability along with improved comfort for an all-round more pleasant running experience. The midsole cushioning also provides efficient shock absorption and greater support. Pros
- These shoes are available in a range of sizes with wide options available too.
- With four different color options available you can choose the style that suits your taste.
- This is a lightweight shoe that allows you to run with ease and the grids provide greater flexibility for a smooth transition when running over different surfaces.
- Impressively, these running shoes are machine washable which helps to maintain the quality.
- The ultra go cushioning provides improved responsiveness for a more comfortable running experience.
<p “=”” dir=”ltr” tve-droppable”=””>Cons
- <li “=”” dir=”ltr” tve-droppable”=””>For some, the cushioning may be a little too firm and not the best choice for individuals who are looking for a softer feeling shoe.
Comfort is paramount when it comes to finding the best pair of running shoes particularly if you are a regular runner. With a mesh outer design and rubber inner sole you are guaranteed to enjoy a comfortable run. The mesh accounts for effective air circulation and prevents the build-up of unwanted sweat. The rubber also provides improved stability and grip.The midfoot strike zone and molded heel provide greater stability for an efficient and easy stride. Inside the shoe, you will find that comfort and breathability has been catered too. The breathable fabric lining creates a healthy environment without the build-up of unwanted sweat or moisture. Impressively, the insole is also removable so you can customize the shoe to fit your foot size and comfort preferences. As a lightweight and responsive shoe, you can run a distance in comfort without feeling as though there is something weighty on your feet. Along the toe section of the shoe, there is rubber for strength and resistance helping to prevent your shoe from getting damaged following impact with the ground. Courtesy of the sock-like fit this shoe will hug your foot for the most improved comfort allowing you to enjoy, this also caters the shoe to the shape and size of your fit for the most accurate fit.Pros
- There are three colors available so you can select the preferred shoe for your taste.
- Courtesy of the mesh design, this is a breathable shoe.
- As a lightweight shoe, you can run, with less weight on your feet.
- Retailing at a relatively affordable price, these shoes are a great pick for women who are looking for a budget-friendly option.
- Impressively, these shoes have good arch support for a comfortable running experience.
- Unfortunately, these shoes run slightly smaller so you may have to upsize for a comfortable fit.
Versatility is beneficial when it comes to the running shoes that you select, your shoes should be just as comfortable to run in as they are to walk in. Slightly different in design from our previous picks, they have a bulkier build. The outsole and the bottom of the shoe are lightweight and durable for greater traction and efficiency. Impressively they are going to withstand daily wear and tear particularly well, without becoming easily damaged. The grooves also account for greater stability and grip when running along different terrain. At the front of the shoe, there is rubber placed along the toe area which absorbs the impact from the ground below.Constructed using seamless mesh fabric, this shoe has improved breathability for a comfortable running experience with effective air circulation. The midsole of the shoe features an ULTRA GO comfort platform with an air-cooled Goga mat for a cooling effect as you run which further enhances the comfort of the shoe.Impressively, these running shoes are machine washable which is ideal if you happen to find yourself running along muddy terrain as you don’t have to worry about the quality of your shoes deteriorating.Pros
- These shoes are available in a range of sizes including wide options too, which is great in catering to different individuals.
- With a thick and durable design, these running shoes are likely to last for a considerable length of time without deteriorating in quality.
- Usefully, these shoes run true to size so opting for your typical size should provide the most secure fit.
- These shoes are an ideal choice for individuals who spend a lot of time on their feet.
- Courtesy of the breathable design, these shoes aren’t going to develop a build-up of unwanted sweat.
- As a bulkier shoe, they may not be an ideal choice for those looking for a thinner and more lightweight option.
Best Skechers Running Shoes Buyer’s Guide
When it comes to selecting the best pair of running shoes there are several important factors to consider as this will ensure that you select the best quality pair for your money. Of course, you don’t want to find yourself mid-way through a run only to be confronted by immense pain that prevents you from running to the best of your ability. We have listed these factors below and adhering to these will ensure that you invest in the best pair of Skechers running shoes.
Of course, selecting a pair of shoes in the correct size is paramount. A shoe that is too tight is likely to be uncomfortable and is likely to restrict your ability to move freely and comfortably. Likewise, a shoe that is too loose isn’t going to remain on your foot securely. It is important to select the shoe that fits well without restricting you on room or being too spacious. In some cases, this may involve branching out to a different size than normal. It isn’t recommended to downsize in a shoe, however, on occasions, you may need to go up in size if the shoe sizes run a little smaller. This will ensure that you have a sufficient amount of room to move your toes.
Cushioning is a significant influencer in regards to the comfort of a shoe. The sole is likely to be the most cushioned section of the shoe and this will ensure that you can enjoy a comfortable run. In some cases, this may include a memory foam sole insert which provides additional cushioning while adapting to the shape of your foot.
Designs can differ depending on the model of the shoe. However, most should include a good quality tongue with a heel drop, a midsole, a lower sole, and a toe box. The design of the shoe that you choose is largely going to be based upon personal preference and it is important to ensure to select a shoe that is of the best quality.
It is crucial to opt for a shoe that you find comfortable enough to wear for the duration of your run without experiencing any sort of discomfort or irritation. If you do not find your shoe comfortable then you are likely to find yourself unable to run to your full potential.
Ideally, your running shoes should be relatively lightweight as this is going to make them considerably easier to run in. A lightweight shoe tends to have a better feel meaning that you are carrying less weight on your feet so they become less of a distraction and allow you to focus more on your running. A lightweight shoe also enables you to take each stride with greater ease and flexibility.
If you are going to be wearing your running shoes regularly then they are going to be subject to a lot of wear and tear, for this reason, it is important to opt for a pair that has been designed with durability and longevity in mind. Durably designed running shoes will be made strong and damage resistant materials that aren’t going to deteriorate in quality quickly.
Also, they should be able to withstand adverse weather conditions as you may find yourself caught amid a downpour as you run. Ideally, your shoes should be able to withstand these conditions without any immediate effect on the quality.
For many individuals, the price is the most important factor to consider before choosing your running shoes. While some individuals may choose to invest in a more expensive pair of running shoes others may have a specific budget in mind.
Although there isn’t a set amount that you are required to spend on your running shoes it is important to ensure that you do not compromise the quality for the price. If you are going to be wearing these running shoes regularly it is crucial to ensure that they are made using the best quality materials as this is likely to make them last a lot longer.
The breathability of your running shoes is very important. Shoes designed with mesh are going to prevent the build-up of any unwanted sweat and odors while also making it much more likely to last longer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Skechers do wide fit shoes?
Yes, there are particular styles of Skechers shoes that are available in a wide fit, however, this doesn’t apply to all of their shoes so it is important to pay close attention to the size guide as this will specify the style of the fit that these shoes are available in. The brand produces some wide fit slip-on shoes that are intended for wear by individuals who have slightly larger feet.
Are Skechers running shoes true to size?
It is necessary to pay attention to the customer reviews regarding the sizes for the shoes that you opt for as this will provide a true reflection of how well these shoes fit. However, on the whole, Skechers shoes are thought to run around half a size smaller so you may benefit from selecting a shoe that is around a size larger. While this may not apply to all Skechers shoes, it is important to select the shoes that you are going to find the most comfortable to run in.
How should my running shoes fit?
Ideally, a correctly fitting running shoe should be snug around the heel and midfoot area providing you with enough room to move your toes comfortably. In a shoe that fits correctly, there should be around half a thumbs width of space near the ball of your foot and the area surrounding your toes.
Last update on 2021-05-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API