Recovering from a sports-related injury can require a lot of time plus physical therapy. Many people need to do therapy both with a trained professional and at home unsupervised.
The type of injury a person is recovering from will determine the therapy items a person needs to recover. We’re going to look at the best sports recovery therapy items in this helpful buyer’s guide.
We’ll look at some of the best therapy tools to buy and how to use them. We’ll also talk about how each device can be used.
SOAIY Deep Tissue Massage Gun
Once you start exercising after surgery, it’s normal to have sore muscles. Nobody has the time and extra costs to get a professional massage every time you feel some aches and pains.
The cordless Soaiy Deep Tissue Massage Gun makes it easy to work out the cricks and sore muscles anytime and anywhere, for up to six hours per charge. This tool has six detachable heads and twenty speeds with a super quiet motor of only 42db.
This massage gun is excellent to use for the stiffness of the soft tissue. It can help prevent muscle inflammation and promote the circulation of the blood and lymph. Using this massager can even speed up the healing process after surgery or injury.
321 Strong 5 in 1 Foam Roller Set
- The perfect gift for yourself , or a loved one that's into exercise and working out , this kit has it all -> Our classic triple zone massage roller with end caps for storage , great for deep tissue massage and stretching legs and lower back .
- There's our premium massage stick for those hard-to-roll areas , like the quad , shin , and inner thigh . Control the intensity of the massage by pressing harder or softer with the handles . Flush lactic acid from muscle tissue after your workout .
- After the deep tissue massager , the most important thing for your body is stretches . Our stretch strap is amazing for your hamstring and quads . Just wrap one end around your foot , and control the intensity by grabbing different handles .
- Finally, 2 types of massage balls , both great tools for trigger point and myofascial release . Our double lacrosse ball is best for rolling the forearm , neck , and shoulders - our spike ball is great for the arches of your feet for plantar fasciitis .
- All of this is backed by our lifetime manufacturer's warranty and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee , To purchase these items separately would cost over $75, making this a great value or a great gift (if you know anyone that likes massages...) ; )
You can never go wrong when you purchase tools such as the 321 Strong 5 in 1 Foam Roller Set. This kit has everything you’d need to massage all your sore muscles.
Included in this set is a triple-zone massager to use for deep tissue massage and stretching on the lower back and legs. The inside of this tube is hollow, and with the included storage caps for each end, you can also use this tool to store your other equipment.
There’s also a massage stick to help you get the hard to reach areas like the inner thigh, shin, and quad. Handles on each end make this tool easy to hold and apply pressure so you can get deep in the tissues or skim the surface.
The stretch strap attaches to your foot and works to stretch your hamstring and quads. Use the different handles to control how tight the belt gets.
You also get a double lacrosse ball for your shoulders, neck, and forearms. And a spike ball to massage your feet arches for plantar fasciitis.
- RECOMMENDED & SPONSORED - Our Cold Massage Roller Ball is recommended by professional athletes and doctors for pain relief therapy. Our premium quality roller ball is excellent for relief and healing of professional and everyday injuries.
- PERFECT FOR INJURIES: Our high-quality ice roller is designed to address multiple injuries, including shin splints, plantar fasciitis, back, neck, and shoulder pain, as well as hamstring and fatigued muscle relief, and much more!
- CONVENIENT DESIGN - Our ice roller ball includes a rubberized and grooved grip for easy use. No more freezing ice cups for post workout to only have it melt and create a mess. Our product is convenient to hold and stays cold for up to 6 hours!
- REDUCES INFLAMMATION & SWELLING - Our mixture of cryotherapy and massage techniques are proven to reduce swelling and inflammation. Our massage ball provides cooling relief for deep tissue inflammation, stressed muscles, and tension-induced headaches.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY - At Phyya Rehab, we are are confident in our products and want you to be as well. We offer a 1 year manufacturer's warranty! If you have any issues with our Cold Massage Roller Ball, simply contact us so we can make things right.
The Cryo Ball by Phyya Rehab is an excellent cryotherapy (cold therapy) treatment to soothe sore muscles. Place this massage ball in the freezer for two hours, and it’s ready for use.
Use this ball to treat any sports injury, including shin splints, back and neck pain, plantar fasciitis, hamstring, and aching muscles. It can even help reduce inflammation and swelling of the joints.
The rubber grooved handle makes it easy to hold and maneuver this tool wherever you need relief or cold compressions. Plus, it stays cold up to six hours, so you’ll never need an ice pack again.
Zyllion Vibrating Peanut Massage Ball
- 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗦𝗧 𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗡𝗨𝗧 𝗕𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦 have a flat surface, our peanut ball has 𝗥𝗔𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗚𝗘𝗦 that help 𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗩𝗘 𝗠𝗨𝗦𝗖𝗟𝗘 𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗦 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗖𝗜𝗥𝗖𝗨𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 by digging into your muscles to release tension! Use it before and after your workout so you can 𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦!
- 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬 𝗔𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 by using the latest and most effective recovery tools that your competitors wish they knew about. Our peanut massage ball leverages the power of vibrating technology to 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗣 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥 than traditional peanut balls!
- 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦 𝗧𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗩𝗘𝗦 to make it easier and more comfortable to roll various parts of your body on. Our peanut ball is effective at 𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗗-𝗧𝗢-𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗖𝗛 small muscle groups such as the arms, calves, mid-upper back, glutes and hamstrings.
- 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡 is to empower athletes like you to perform and recover 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗦.
- 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗣𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 because your 100% satisfaction means the world to us. Zyllion products are also covered by a 𝟭 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗬 (extendable to 2 years with registration). If anything happens to your device within a 1-year period, we will send you a replacement model at no cost to you.
The Zyllion Vibrating Peanut Massage Ball is a great way to ease muscle aches due to the raised ridges and improve circulation with deep tissue massage from the low ridges.
This peanut-shaped ball contours to your body’s shape for pinpoint pressure on your muscles, including hard to reach areas like the arms, calves, glutes, hamstrings, and mid-upper back.
Or press it against your body for precise vibrations in four different intensities to target an area for improved blood circulation and reduced tightness. The battery lasts up to ninety minutes per charge, so you have plenty of time to massage your regions injured before and after workouts.
iReliev TENS + EMS Muscle Stimulator
- 2 in 1: iReliev TENS + EMS Combination Unit Combines Two Therapies in 1 device.
- WHAT IS TENS?: Stands for "Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation"- a safe, non-invasive, drug free method of pain relief used by Physical Therapists and prescribed Doctors for over 30 years. The iReliev Bundle delivers low-voltage pulses to the skin to stimulate nerve fibers effectively blocking the pain signal to your brain. Also increases natural endorphins--a natural pain reliever. You can say GOODBYE to those pain pills that have been dulling your life!
- 14 Therapy Modes: 7 TENS Pain Relief Modes, 1 Arthritis TENS Mode & 6 EMS Muscle Strength & Recovery Modes
- WHAT IS EMS? : Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) also known as nueromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) is the elicitation of muscle contraction using electrical impulses. EMS has the potential to serve as a strength training and rehab tool as well as offer post-exercise recovery benefits for athletes.
- Features: 25 levels of 80 mA intensity, 5-60 minute adjustable timer, lock function, dual channel versatility, portable design!
If electroshock nerve stimulation works for you at physical therapy, consider getting one for your home. The iReliev TENS + EMS Muscle Stimulator is a two in one transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation device and an electrical muscle stimulation tool.
The TENS option sends slight electrical pulses to your skin to stimulate blocked nerves and increase endorphins in your brain (a natural form of a pain reliever), so you feel less pain.
The EMS uses electrical stimulation to make the muscles contract, relieving pain, stiffness, and swelling. You can use the EMS for strength training and rehab, and post-exercise recovery.
There are seven TENS modes, one arthritis TENS mode, and 6 EMS muscle strength and recovery modes to choose from 25 adjustable levels of up to 80mA intensity. You can set a timer for anywhere from five to sixty minutes.
And this device comes with eight small electrode pads and four large ones, as well as two lead wires. No matter how big or small your injured area, you can use the iReliev to soothe sore muscles and joints.
SpoiledHippo Massage Ball
- FOAM MASSAGE BALLS - Best Copies Palm and Thumb Softness when Applying Pressure to Trigger Points, Easy to Clean
- RELEASE MUSCLE STIFFNESS AND PAIN - Use Different Ball Seize to Target Different Muscle Groups, Exercise Plan for Each Muscle Group Included
- INCREASE JOINT MOBILITY - 10 Minute Pre-workout Routine Prepares Your Joints and Muscles for Lifting Heavy Without Injury
- SPEED UP RECOVERY - 10 Minute After-workout Routine Increases Blood Flow and Brings Oxygen and Nutritions to Your Muscles
- FOR EVERYONE - for All Age Groups, Professionals as well as Beginners, Men and Women, All Indoor Sports, Gym, Crossfit, Calisthenics, Pilates, Yoga
Massage balls are a great way to ease sore muscles, and SpoiledHippo Massage Balls make it easier with three foam massage balls in various sizes.
There is one large 5″ ball, a medium 3.5″ and a small 2.5″, plus a handy carry bag. It also comes with an exercise plan that tells you which muscle groups are best for which ball.
The large ball is excellent for your back, hamstrings, and thighs. In comparison, the medium works for shoulders and calves. And the small is perfect for the neck, feet, and forearms.
The EVA foam returns to its normal shape after each use and has a delightful squish that penetrates the muscles similar to a massage by hand.
The manufacturer recommends using a ten-minute pre-workout to warm your muscles up (great before heavy lifting). Or speed up your recovery with a ten-minute massage to increase blood flow.
Rolflex Pro Leverage Compression High-Density Foam Roller
- THE ONLY FOAM ROLLER that uses leveraged compression to adjust pressure while foam rolling anywhere.
- INNOVATIVE ERGONOMIC CLAM-SHAPE DESIGN allows Athletes to effectively foam roll 95% of the body
- 3 ROLLERS, 3 VERY DIFFERENT DENSITIES AVAILABLE FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS - Our Orange Roller is the same density as a standard lacrosse ball. The Green Contoured roller is the original foam roller that is 30% less dense than the Yellow and is great for self-massage.
- CUSTOMIZED MYOFASCIAL RELEASE is easy to self-administer within minutes watching the online videos.
- FULL 2 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY & 60 Day "No questions asked" 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
The Rolflex Pro Leverage Compression High-Density Foam Roller is a funky-looking device recommended by physical therapists, pro athletics and their trainers, and coaches.
This tool has a lightweight roller arm to provide leverage, with comfortable ergonomic handles to provide the exact compressive force you need to ease your aching muscles.
There are two roller sides with this device. One side has a smooth black roller with a spongy foam texture. And the other side holds one of the three interchangeable ribbed rollers that apply different types of massage.
If hard pressure is what you need, the four” contoured roller (orange color) has a similar density to championship lacrosse balls with a protruding center that mimics the feel of a massage using thumb pressure.
The four-inch yellow contoured roller is a firm texture (C60 on the Asker scale) that massages deep into the muscles, but the pressure isn’t as intense when used with the clamp. This roller is best for the upper arms and forearms, calves, and upper leg muscles.
The green roller is perfect for self-massage and is 30% less dense than the other two rollers. Keep it closed for a tight massage or open for precise rubbing on sore muscles.
Using the Rolflex Foam Roller is a great way to relieve pain and speed up the healing process from injury, including a better range of motion, flexibility, and loosening muscles.
On the bottom of the Roflex is an adjustment channel that can adjust to fit any size, hands, and thighs. There’s even a non-skid base that you can prop on your leg or a hard surface so you can keep a steady hold.
The Roflex Pro can be used on 95% of your body, including the arms and elbows, legs and calves, neck and shoulders, and feet, hands, and wrists. Keep it closed for your muscles’ full grip or fold it open to roll against targeted areas.
Pressure Positive Co. Backnobber II
- Constructed of durable, fiberglass reinforced Nylon and carries a full satisfaction guarantee.
- The unique S shape of the Backnobber II allows you to easily reach areas of back, neck, shoulders and other areas to manage muscle pain.
- Applies firm, deep pressure to knots in the muscles of the neck, shoulder, upper and lower back and to nearly any other location where muscle soreness may occur.
- Breaks down for easy travel and storage and comes with a fully illustrated 15-page User Guide.
- Proudly Made in the USA.
The Backnobber II is a deceptively simple-looking device with plenty of benefits. Made with fiberglass reinforced Nylon, the Backnobber has an S shape that can get tough to reach spots like your back, shoulders, and neck.
The design makes this tool easy to hook over your body while applying pressure to the other end, causing deep, firm pressure on your aching muscles.
Control how hard the massage gets by applying more pressure to the Backnobber. And when not in use, you can break this tool in half for easy storage and travel.
You can use this device for myofascial trigger point pressure for tight muscles on the neck, shoulders, upper and lower back, thigh and calves, and feet.
Moji Foot Pro
- DUAL THERAPY PAIN RELIEF- By stretching and massaging the entire plantar fascia the MOJI Foot Massager helps relieve pain by simply rolling your foot over the massager. The patented stainless steel spheres can be placed inside your freezer to add the cooling benefits of an ice massage.
- TARGETED RELIEF- The unique 6 sphere design ensures that all angles of your foot can be massaged.
- CONVENIENT DESIGN- A slip-resistant base, and lightweight design means pain relief and comfort on the go!
- EASE OF USE- Designed to be used either standing or sitting- even while watching TV!
- MADE IN THE USA: Proudly Made in the USA, and fully backed by a 1-Year Warranty.
Designed just for feet, the Moji Foot Pro has six free rotating (360º) steel spheres held inside a hard, round plastic case to massage your feet from all angles.
On the bottom is a slip-resistant base, so you don’t have to worry about this massager slipping while you’re rubbing your feet.
You can use this tool while standing up or sitting down. You can even massage your feet while watching television. And the small design makes it perfect for taking along during travel so you can have foot relief anywhere you go.
You can even put this device in the freezer to use cold therapy while stretching and massaging the plantar fascia. You can soothe foot pain and break down muscle tissue.
Cool Ice Therapy Wrap
- Latex and chemical free cooling wrap featuring a patented Cool core cooling technology
- Reusable & Machine Washable (No fabric softener)
- Small 3" x 25" wrap best for ankle, wrist or foot
- Medium 4" x 50" wrap best for elbow, knee and calf
- Large 6" x 50" wrap best for shoulder, back and thigh
Ice therapy is a popular treatment for sports recovery as part of R.I.C.E (rest, ice, compression, elevation).
The Dr. Cool Ice Therapy Wrap makes it easy to apply a 360 degree cold compress to your sore areas for a speedy recovery and reduce pain and swelling.
These therapy wraps are available in multiple colors and come in a handy storage bag for easy storage and transport. You can toss this wrap in the washer when it needs cleaning, but be sure not to use fabric softener.
There’s even three sizes to choose: small (3″ x 25″) is best for the ankles, wrists, or feet. The medium (4″ x 50″) works for calves, shoulders, and knees. And the large (6″ x 50″) is excellent for the shoulders, thighs, and back.
Zensah Compression Ankle/Calf Sleeves
- Graduated Compression: The open-toe ankle calf sleeves feature graduated compression to help improve circulation and blood flow for faster muscle recovery and energized legs.
- Plantar Fasciitis Relief: The Ankle / Calf Sleeves feature a cuff that is able to be folded over to provide extra compression to help relieve plantar fasciitis pain.
- Use for Shin Splints: Chevron ribbing on the front of the leg sleeves offer targeted shin splint relief, while micro-ribbing in the back of the sleeve offers targeted calf support.
- Seamless, Moisture Wicking, Anti-Odor: Whether using the open-toe stockings for running, travel, or maternity, legs are able to feel great as there are no seams to cause chafing or irritation. They are also moisture wicking and anti-odor, keeping the sleeves light from perspiration and smelling great.
- Two Best Selling Products in One: The Zensah Compression Ankle / Calf Sleeves combine the bestselling Zensah Compression Leg Sleeve and Ankle Support into one great product. SOLD AS A PAIR - two sleeves per purchase.
Some people use compression sleeves to provide extra support of the legs and ankles. Zensah Compression Sleeves slide over the legs, stopping just below the knees and wrapping over the feet’ bottom to provide ankle support in an open toe design.
Compression sleeves can decrease pain from plantar fasciitis, shin splints, and improve blood circulation. It can also speed up the recovery process from injury.
Chevron ribbing along the shins reduces shin splints by mimicking standard taping methods recommended for athletes.
While the ankles have extra support from pinpoint compression to reduce plantar fasciitis. There’s also a cuff that can be folded for the additional compression of the feet or calves.
The sizes of these unisex sleeves (sold in a pair) are small (12.5″ length) for anyone under 5’3″, medium (15″ length) for heights of 5’4″ – 5’9″, or large (15″ – 16.5″) for heights between 5’9″ and 6.2″.
TheraBand Stretch Strap
- 58" long x 1" wide tool to improve flexibility, increase range of motion, and perform dynamic stretches without a partner for optimal muscle performance
- Elastic band stretching strap stretches the perfect amount then resists further stretching, and the small and large loops enable users to securely and correctly hold positions to improve form for gymnasts and dancers
- Band with toe loops allows for specific stretches to address plantar fasciitis and heel pain, while large loops are perfect for hamstring stretches, quadriceps stretches, stretching for lower back pain, and other flexibility improvements
- Perfect flexibility enhancer for dancers, athletes, people recovering from surgery or going to the physical therapist, yoga class, Pilates or barre
- Accomplish dynamic stretching exercises without a partner with the included exercise book that targets various muscles and muscle groups
Stretching is crucial before workouts to make sure your muscles are relaxed. But stretching can also help relieve pain and speed up recovery after injury. It can also improve the range of motion and flexibility.
The TheraBand Stretch Strap makes it easy to get a good stretch without having a partner. There are large and small slots so you can have a secure fit for specific workouts.
The small slots are toe loops that can improve pain in the heels and prevent plantar fasciitis. The big slots help stretch the lower back, quads, and hamstrings.
And the bright numbers on each slot help you track your improvements so you can keep up with how well your recovery is progressing.
The elastic material has enough give so that you can get a full extension, but it also has enough resistance to provide you with the stretching sensation you need.
If you’re trying to speed up your recovery from a sports injury, you’ll want to have some tools at home to use for your rehabilitation. We’ve provided you with various items to help ease sore muscles and joints and treat multiple sports-related injuries.
Using these tools can speed up your healing process and reduce pain and swelling. We hope you enjoyed this sports recovery therapy buyer’s guide.