Foam rolling is a technique that is quickly getting adopted. However, it’s only achievable with the right equipment. When you have the tools you need for healing and recovery, then your body will appreciate you.
With good foam rollers, your muscles and tissues will loosen up with increased blood flow and oxygen. That’s why you must get the best foam roller possible.
Best Foam Roller
In this buying guide, we explore and compare the three best foam rollers that you can find on the market. They will serve your body well and help you get value for your money. Here is a quick guide.
CanDo – 30-2280 Black Composite High-Density Roller
- The perfect myofascial release tool for CrossFit, Yoga, Pilates, Weight Training, Bodybuilding, MMA and other exercise activities
- Relieve pain in your back, legs, neck, IT-Band, and shoulders by triggering blood circulation to sore and tight muscles
- Premium high-quality black molded foam design provides both firmness and durability allowing it to not lose its shape after repeated use
- Great to use for physical therapy, yoga, exercising, stretching, or resting
- Available in round or half-round styles, and lengths from 12" to 36"
This is an excellent myofascial tool that can be used for different exercise activities. It is excellent for relieving pain in various body parts and can work on even the tightest muscles. It can help with releasing soreness after a workout too.
It features a black molded foam design to ensure there is more firmness and durability so that it does not lose its shape over time. Since it is firm and rugged, it can be used by different people, from kids to professional athletes.
It comes either in round or half-round, with different lengths from 12″ to 36″. Round rollers can be used for enhancing your workout by making some exercises more challenging than they would be. In addition to all of these things this CanDo roller can do, it is also great for a deep tissue massage. Half-round rollers, on the other hand, are an excellent choice for ankles and knees.
Product dimensions: 36 x 6 x 6 inches
Product weight: 8 ounces
- It is firm and durable since it is a high density
- It is excellent for myofascial
- It comes in different sizes to give you exactly what you need
- It is versatile and can be used for many different body parts and exercises
- Therapists recommend it
- The high-density material may be uncomfortable for some people when used for a long time
- Some users complained of the foams coming off after some time
TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller
- Patented foam roller design offers a superior, multi-density exterior constructed over a rigid, hollow core
- Constructed from quality materials that won't break down or lose shape from repeated use
- Includes access to free online instructional video library on foam rolling best practices from the experts at TriggerPoint
- Trusted foam roller of physical and massage therapists, coaches, trainers and athletes
- Original GRID: Standard density, 13 x 5.5 inches, 500 pound weight limit; 1 year manufacturer's warranty
A patented foam design characterizes it. The exterior consists of superior multi-density material. It consists of a rigid and hollow core.
The material used to make the foam roller is of high quality to ensure that it does not degrade or lose shape after extended use. It has a limit of 500 pounds.
The surface of the grid is distinctive and multidimensional so that it can increase blood flow and help to heal your muscles.
When you buy it, you also get a free online instructional video to educate you on the best foam rolling practices from the experts.
When you purchase the roller, you get a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
It is trusted by different professionals, such as therapists, professional athletes, and trainers.
Product dimensions: 5.1 x 3.9 x 5.1 inches
Product weight: 7 ounces
- It is durable with a multi-density EVA foam exterior
- It has a patented design to make it ideal for tight muscles
- It comes with an instructional video
- When you buy it, you get a 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Some people found it to be too hard and sore on muscles
- Some users complained that it scratched their skin
AmazonBasics High-Density Foam Roller
- High-density foam roller with molded edges
- Ideal for balance, strengthening, flexibility, and rehab exercises
- Made in the USA from molded polypropylene to maintain firmness
- Lightweight, easy to clean and transport
- Measures approximately 24 x 6 x 6 inches (LxWxH)
This is a high-density foam roller that comes with molded edges. It has been made in such a way that it is extra firm, so it is appropriate for intermediates and up. Its material, which is the high density expanded polypropylene (EPP), is specially designed to give you a deeper massage than a standard foam roller would.
It is ideal not only for massage, but also for balance, strengthening, flexibility, and rehab exercise.
Its firmness is due to the molded polypropylene. It is also lightweight and easy to maintain.
It is suitable for all body types and does not change shape even after being used for a long time.
Product dimensions: 6 x 24 x 6 inches
Product weight: 9 ounces
- High quality and durable
- Extra firm
- Made from expanded polypropylene for a deeper massage
- Lightweight and easy to maintain
- Some users found the rollers without foam padding to be hard
- Some users complained of the foam being hard
Even though all three foam rollers are top-ranked, it may be hard settling on one. In this section, we focus on the specifics to help you make a final decision.
Most lightweight: If you are looking for something as portable as possible, then you are better off going lightweight. In this case, the most lightweight is the TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller, which may be due to its hollow design.
Best after-sales: After-sales service is important, as it can be one of the indicators for quality. From the three, the TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller has the best after-sales as it comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
Most budget-friendly: When we compare prices, the cheapest is the AmazonBasics foam roller that only retails at $10.49.
Our Overall Recommendation
These foam rollers are all excellent recommendations, so the one you choose will all depend on what you are looking for.
The AmazonBasics is a great roller as it will serve you well at a fraction of the cost. Cheap doesn’t have to mean inferior, and we find the AmazonBasics roller to be a solid value for the money.
The TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller is also a great pick. as it is not like the regular foam rollers and will give you a great experience. Its exteriors will work well on your body.