Athletes all around the world suffer from fatigue, post-work stress, tension, exhaustion, muscle pain, and loads of other physical and mental problems. All these problems can have major impacts on their health. From Ankle pains to quick injuries athletes have to bear all of it in the thick of their work.
Some people use athletics as a basic routine to keep themselves fit and to stay in shape, reduce weight, and for health purposes as well. Usually, the activities that are classed under athletics may include running, jumping, swimming, throwing, walking, and so on.
Now whether you’re a professional or just a casual athlete, you can encounter severe pain and health issues during or post athletics. To counter these pains and problems, usually recovery therapies are used.
Recovery Therapies for Athletes
What is a recovery therapy? You may be asking yourself. Well, a recovery therapy is any product or action that brings your body back to its default normal state, after a tiresome workout or athletic session. There are several products on the market, both online and in stores, that are available for athletes to ease their pain and provide fluid recovery to them. Out of all those products we’ll be talking about the best few here.
A massage gun is a gun like structure with a vibration foam roller on top which an athlete can use on their muscles to ease swelling and pain. “When the going gets tough, the tough get a massage” is a saying that all athletes can relate to. You may use a massage gun on your biceps, triceps, quads, or any other muscle, for quick relief and ease. It helps in relaxing muscles quite like normal massage therapy and providing better blood flow through the tissues. Massage guns are easy to get and they help a lot when you want a good recovery fast and thus they are featured in this list of best recovery therapies.
- Better Blood flow
- Pain reduction
- Excessive use might actually cause a reverse effect.
If you want a handheld massage gun to soothe your muscles after a tiring day, VYBE Percussion Massage Gun might be the answer.
- HIGH QUALITY: 5 speeds and a very powerful, real percussion vibration giving you up to 3200 strokes per minute. The pulsating action gets deep into the muscle and is a great remover of aches and pains
- QUIET & SOOTHING: A 24V brushless DC motor with double bearing transmission ranging from 50-60 decibels brings a relaxing & low noise self-recovery experience
- LONG-LASTING AND LIMITLESS: 4 hours of battery life & 4 massage heads to target specific muscle groups including options for deep tissue
- COMPACT & PORTABLE: Easy to pack and take from your home to work, gym, or while traveling to cut down recovery time anywhere!
One of the more cost-effective and easier to handle approach towards recovery for athletes might be recovery garments also known as compression garments. These technologically advanced pieces of clothing help in boosting recovery. The fibers of these clothes, have properties of enhancing blood flow and body performance on a cellular level.
They are usually sleepwear or relaxation clothes that are made of soft and comfortable materials, thus also providing sound sleep which in turn helps in regulating the metabolism and works a treat for athletes. The celebrity Olympian swimmer, Michael Phelps has also been seen sporting Under-Armour’s recovering clothing as well as branding it. Which immediately tells you that this mode of recovery really does help.
- Can be worn in any weather condition
- Provides better blood flow
- Speedy Recovery
- Less Expensive
- Reduced flow of air
- Not available in all sizes
Want a comfortable night’s sleep after a hard workout? Give Under Armour Men’s Athlete Recovery Sleepwear a try!
- Inspired by Tom Brady's training routine, we've created an advanced sleep system for better rest & recovery
- The print technology on the inside reflects Far Infrared, which helps your body recover faster & promotes better sleep
- Insanely soft, premium modal fabric for superior comfort
- Classic design lines lay flat & look clean
- 4 way stretch construction moves better in every direction
From capsules to powdered supplements to be used in liquids, supplements work a treat in helping muscles relax and ease from fatigue that the body endures due to workouts and athletic sessions. These supplements are usually flavored for customer palettes with different fruit and food flavors, which make them more exciting and more consumed than both of the above-mentioned recovery therapy options.
There are many types of recovery supplements out of which a few are mentioned below.
Out of all these, Whey Protein is the most commonly consumed supplement. We all have a friend who likes to dose up with supplements, in their post and pre-workout milkshakes, and whatnot. Although these supplements may help in recovery, excess of anything is bad, and likewise, excess of recover supplements isn’t good either.
- Muscle Recovery
- Less Expensive
- Easier Consumption
- Lack of sleep
- Excess use can damage organs
- Excess or deficiency of nutrients
Looking for the best post-workout supplements? Try Cellucor Alpha Amino EAA & BCAA Powder and you won’t have to use anything else.
- A LEGACY OF EXCELLENCE - The mission of Cellucor has been to support the journey of fitness, improvement, and positive change. Transforming alongside you, we've dedicated ourselves to building the best sports nutrition brand in the world, delivering the most effective, best-tasting, and highest-quality products specifically for you.
- HYDRATION AND RECOVERY WITHOUT SUGAR: Alpha Amino is the ultimate performance, hydration, and recovery sports drink powder. Its premium formula has 14 Amino Acids including a well-studied 2: 1: 1 BCAA ratio.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: All Cellucor products are thoroughly developed, accurately tested, and proudly manufactured in the United States. All Cellucor sales by Amazon are backed by a 30-day, full money-back guarantee.
- REPLENISH AND RECHARGE YOUR BODY: Alpha's Alpha-Hydration Blend features BetaPower, Coconut Water Powder, among other electrolytes - all formulated to fuel skeletal muscles and replenish intracellular fluid balance.
- MOUTH-WATERING AND DELICIOUS FLAVORS: Alpha Amino delivers zero calorie, zero carbs, and zero sugar recovery fuel in flavors unmatched in the sports drink market. Our best-in-class flavors include Fruit Punch, Grape, Icy Blue Razz, Lemon Lime, and Watermelon..During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
It may sound strange to the normal person, but it is true that bath salts do help in the relaxation of the muscles and help in reducing fatigue and stress of the body and providing recovery. Just like an average person would use bath bombs to make their bathwater shiny and sparkly, the same way specific bath salts meant for athletic recovery are available to customers. These products contain extracts of different plants such as eucalyptus and aloe and chemicals that help cellular activities and also increase blood flow throughout the body of the athlete.
After a tough workout session, the user may soak their bodies in the water containing these salts and they will boost the process of metabolic recovery.
- Muscular Relaxation
- Less Expensive
- Excess use may cause dryness of skin
- Allergic Reactions
We have found Muscle Recovery Bath Soak by Coach Soak to be the best muscle and joint soother for athletes. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!
All the aforementioned products are very helpful in boosting and providing athletic recovery after a stressful workout or professional session. The choice of product depends upon the user and what budget resources they have. Depending upon the liking and the amount you want to spend, you can achieve complete muscular relaxation and reduce physical pain and problems with ease.
Another product worth mentioning is Pain Ointment. Although they do not provide increased metabolism or blood flow regulation, sometimes swellings and joint pains that athletes often encounter are easily countered by using these ointments or sprays. Other than that, the athlete should take care of their bodies and avoid any kind of severe injury themselves.
- ✔️ SOOTHE SORE MUSCLES & JOINTS - Our muscle recovery bath salts are formulated with fast-absorbing magnesium flakes, mineral-rich dead sea salts, Vitamin C crystals, and pure essential oils to reduce inflammation and speed up the recovery process. Simply soak for 20 minutes to enjoy the ultimate pain relieving sore muscle bath! Our sport soak is perfect for post-workout recovery for athletes. Both men and women enjoy the relaxing benefits of our bath salts for muscle soreness.
- ✔️ ABSORBS FASTER THAN EPSOM SALTS - Magnesium flakes for soaking are proven to absorb faster than Epsom salt and help to reduce inflammation, improve blood circulation, and heal sore muscles & joints. Transdermal Magnesium Chloride flakes are more easily absorbed compared to Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom salt). We also add mineral-rich dead sea salts for soaking away strained, swollen muscles. Whether for tired feet or stiff muscles, our soak is the remedy for full body pain relief and relaxation!
- ✔️ ULTIMATE SORE MUSCLE BATH SOAK - Our blends dissolve easily in warm water to create the ultimate athletes foot soak or body soak to restore your body and get you back to performing your best. Great for muscle and joint relaxation whether you're a runner, weightlifter, or just have a physically demanding job. Our healing bath salts offer therapeutic pain relief for muscles, joints, and tendons. Trusted by thousands of athletes to soothe pesky aches and pains and reduce fatigue!
- ✔️ PURE ESSENTIAL OILS - We infuse our bath salts with essential oils that are known to aid in muscle recovery and create an amazing scented aromatherapy experience. We also infuse our bath soak with hydrating coconut oil that has moisturizing qualities to help prevent dry skin. Choose from 4 scents: Calming Lavender, Cooling Peppermint, Energizing Citrus, and Eucalyptus Tea Tree. Enjoy the calm fragrance of pure Lavender, cooling menthol sensation of Mint, or fresh energy scent of Orange oil!
- ✔️ 100% GUARANTEE - If you don’t love Coach Soak, it’s on us. No questions asked! Give our bath soaks a try for pain management and we think you'll never go back to your old Epsom bath salt again. Choose 'Subscribe & Save' for extra savings and to make Coach Soak a part of your daily or weekly recovery therapy!
As we all know, a healthy body is always accompanied by a healthy mind, and to keep the mind healthy, the best recovery process is to always take a good night’s sleep and keep your diet healthy. And whatever exercise/workout or athletic session you might undergo, these products that we have highlighted for your ease will help in relieving you of all physical bloating and fatigue and provide recovery and physical relaxation to you. Check them out and find out which one is best suited to your needs.
Last update on 2021-05-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API