Last Updated on November 2, 2022 by admin
Knee pain may be due to muscle or bone issues that should be looked into by a medical professional. Then again, sometimes, the problem occurs because you are not wearing the right shoes for your activity.
If your doctor didn’t find any underlying issues that may be causing your knee pain, maybe it’s time to look for the best running shoes for bad knees, along with changing your workout regimen.
To help you out, we took a close look at five of the best running shoes that can help support bad knees.
Best Running Shoes for Bad Knees – Reviews
Saucony VersaFoam Cohesion 12 for Women
- A cushy stack of VERSAFOAM cushioning feels responsive to provide every level of runner comfortable strides
- The segmented rubber outsole flexes for a smooth feel and holds up to lots of miles
The VersaFoam Cohesion 12 from Saucony combines athletic style with performance technology. Saucony is a well-known brand when it comes to athletic shoes. In fact, it offers a wide selection of running and walking shoes that help boost the overall performance of the wearer.
VersaFoam Cohesion 12 is a neutral running shoe that is suitable for both daily running and training.
The top and midsole use a single VersaFoam cushioning level. It also uses a durable rubber sole material for the outsole that offers decent flexibility. Saucony strives to keep your feet securely locked in by using rubber overlays, which also helps in providing protection and structure to the upper.
The affordable Cohesion 12 ensures a comfortable and consistent ride for newbie runners and those on a budget. Also, this solid-looking shoe has an impressive design with a subdued colorway and visible stitches on the upper.
Aside from style, the shoes have excellent cushioning, making them comfortable to wear even for long durations.
Take a look at this great running shoe from Saucony:
- Great support
- No break-in required
- Not responsive
- Lacks grip on slick surfaces
Mizuno Wave Inspire 13 for Men
- Double Fan Wave for maximum support without the added weight or stiffness
- U4icX heel wedge for more cushioning at landing
- Top midsole incorporates new U4ic compound for a more responsive and durable ride
- Improved air mesh increases breathability and flexibility
- Softer collar provides snug, comfortable heel fit without irritation
The Mizuno Wave Inspire 13 is perfect for those looking for stability in a running shoe, as this will give them a supportive and smooth ride.
The sole features blown rubber on its forefoot, giving it a lightweight yet rich cushioning. The lightweight midsole utilizes U4icX technology, which gives the runner the chance to start fast efficiently.
The Inspire 13 has a U-shaped raised sole that is heavy-duty, making the heel large and heavy. This also means that the runner would need to break in the shoe beforehand.
Mizuno’s signature AirMesh is completely redesigned and used for the upper. In turn, this creates a small separation for the sock liner and the outer part of the toe box, thereby improving breathability and flexibility.
What’s more, the DynamotionFit System by Mizuno provides comfortable and snug lacing and keeps the sturdy heel locked in place.
Check out this video for the Mizuno Wave inspire 13:
- Superior cushioning
- Smooth and adaptive ride
- Excellent support
- Equal distribution of weight
- Breaking-in required
- Looks outdated
Asics Gel-Kinsei 6 for Women
- Please note that the differences of width between narrow, standard, wide, and extra wide are usually only a couple millimeters and are proportional to the size of the shoe. Most additional width will be found in the forefoot.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S) (Running) : ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- FluidRide: FluidRide provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- FluidFit: ASICS FluidFit upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete’s foot, creating a truly customized glove-like fit.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement on multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
Gel-Kinsei 6 is one of Asics’ newest products. While it is on the expensive side, you can be sure that it offers excellent cushioning and improved comfort.
This durable and protective running shoe from Asics boasts excellent responsiveness to the needs of the runners. The gel in the midsole provides excellent cushioning and superb comfort for those suffering from bad knees because it absorbs the shock from every step’s impact.
Asics’ FluidRide technology also ensures lightness on your feet while running or working out. It has a roomy toe box and an impressive heel cup that snugly locks the heel in place.
For effective cushioning and shock absorption, Kinsei 6 uses a gender-specific midsole. It also offers several options for its vibrant, eye-catching color schemes and designs.
Check out the awesome features of the Asics Gel-Kinsei 6 in this YouTube video:
- Great arch support
- Excellent for supination
- Provides balance
- Not true to size
Hoka One Bondi 6 for Men
The Bondi 6 is the most cushioned edition among Hoka One One’s road running shoe lines. The enhancement of some major parts ensures a better and consistent ride, no matter how far the distance is.
The Bondi 6 is the company’s most cushioned shoe, with its full EVA midsole and meta rocker form.
The outsole has more high-abrasion rubber strategically placed along the edges of the shoe where impact typically happens.
The company has updated the EVA foam together with the rockered geometry to offer a softer and smoother ride than its predecessor.
The wide base, along with how you position your foot on the cushioning, gives you the stability needed for recovery and slow long-distance running.
The upper is redesigned with engineered mesh material. It has cleverly placed cutouts for improved breathability and durability.
The reconstruction of the heel area using Lycra is also noticeable. It provides a better fit with improved comfort on the heel.
See how the Bondi 6 fared when taken for a run in this video:
- Comfortable upper
- Great heel design
- Soft ride
- Thick cushioning
- Roomy toe box
- Weak adhesive between sole unit and upper
Asics Gel-Venture 6 for Women
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- AHAR Outsole: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
If you are looking for a multipurpose running shoe, the Gel-Venture 6 is something that you can use for both rugged terrains and pavement. It is best used by runners with high arches who sometimes require additional support. Compared to other options, this version lets you use it straight from the box.
The Asics Gel-Venture 6 is fitted with a trail-specific outsole with reversed lugs that offer excellent traction. The Asics High-Abrasion Rubber is strategically placed in various significant parts of the outsole for added durability.
It has the Rearfoot Gel Cushioning System, which can weaken the shock on impact and allow you to move smoothly.
These shoes are designed with a removable sock liner, giving you the freedom to change it to an insole of your choice if you require a specific fit.
The uppers of the Gel-Venture 6 are made of synthetic and durable materials that offer the right breathability to prevent hot spots.
Take a look at how great the Gel-Venture 6 is from this video:
- Lasts long
- Great fit
- Not true to size
- Narrow fit
Many runners suffer from knee pain, but that should not stop them from doing what they like the most. Wearing the best running shoes for bad knees will greatly help ease any type of discomfort that you may feel.
Among these five selections, we think the Saucony VersaFoam Cohesion 12 is the overall pick for its ability to provide superb cushioning and its affordability.
The Asics Gel-Venture 6 is also another great option because of its comfortability and great traction.
What is best for someone may not be the perfect choice for you, so you have to know what your feet need.