Running is one of the best exercises for the heart since it keeps the blood flowing. To get the best running experience, you need the best shoes suited for running and reduces pain for your feet. This is important as around 77% of Americans experience foot pain.
In this guide, we’ll be listing down the best running shoes for orthotics. Read on to learn more about the best shoes that can correct biochemical foot issues.
1. Saucony Echelon 8
- For those who need a protective shoe that meets a wide-range of needs, the generous and accommodating Echelon 8 welcomes them with feel-good cushioning, a balanced and stable ride, and a secure fit.
- PWRRUN cushioning provides springy energy return and plenty of durability
- Foundation Platform provides a stable, wide base
- Orthotic-friendly sockliner provides ultra-plush step-in comfort, or can be removed to accommodate after-market insoles
- TRI-FLEX outsole optimizes flexibility
The Echelon 8 is one of the best running shoes for orthotics for 2020. It is ideal for road running, which accommodates both orthotics and wider feet users. The shoe features of Echelon 8 supports the whole foot of the user.
It includes a heel frame to prevent your heel from sliding when running or walking. These shoes also have special midfoot cushioning known as PWRRUN. It has a toe cap to protect your toes from bruising.
The gait cycle of Echelon 8 is great for improving your balance. Its arch support is for low to high arches. One of the downsides of Saucony Echelon 8 is its weight and lack of color options.
2. Brooks Beast ’20
- THIS SHOE IS FOR: The Beast ’20 is perfect for runners who want to turn up the dial on support, cushioning, and comfort. Runners who prefer a little extra space in the forefoot may find these to be a perfect match.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT cushioning provides a soft, luxurious feeling underfoot without losing responsiveness or durability.
- ENHANCED FIT: Enjoy comfort front to back with a spacious yet secure fit thanks to an engineered-mesh upper and conformable embroidered saddle.
- NEW LOOK: Embroidered saddle and eyestay create a modern look and strategic structure.
- HOLISTIC SUPPORT: We've shifted our focus beyond the feet to the most injury-prone part of a runner's body: the knees. GuideRails support keeps you moving comfortably by keeping excess movement in check.
The design of the Beast ’20 differs from the older models due to the medial post-free midsole. It now has midsole rims replacing the firm density foam wedge. The high sidewalls hold the foot on both sides, preventing slipping.
The Brooks Beast ’20 is a great support and cushioned shoe. Its outsole and midsole help to create a stable foundation for better balance. The upper sole secures your foot to provide for interior space and comfort.
This is the best running shoe to start with if you’re planning to start exercising outdoors. The comfort it provides ensures that you will have no problems with your routine.
3. New Balance 940 V4
- Synthetic and mesh upper
- ABZORB midsole
- T-BEAM technology offers arch support and stability
The New Balance 940 V4 is one of the most conventional stability powerhouses. It has a midfoot shank and a ride quality that mixes support and cushioning. You can remove the thick stock insole and adjust it to match your needed foot space.
One of its improvements from the V3 is it’s a bit lighter, but it still weighs 13-ounces heavy. Instead of chunky overlays, the 940 V4 now has fused layers making the interiors smoother.
4. Brooks Dyad 11
- THIS SHOE IS FOR: The Dyad 11 is perfect for runners who want a secure fit and a stable feel. Runners with slightly wider feet will also appreciate extra room in the forefoot.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA, our proprietary cushioning, adapts to your stride, weight and speed. Why? So it can help protect you by reducing impact on your joints.
- GENEROUS FIT: Sometimes you need a little extra room to move around in. So if you need a roomier shoe because of flat or voluminous feet, your search is over.
- STABLE RIDE: Innovative arch support that we call Dual Arch Pods, together with a wide platform, provide stability without getting in the way of a neutral stride.
- PLUSH FIT: Ultimate sockliner adds cushioning for a plush in-shoe feel.
Dyad 11 is one of the best shoes for running and stability. It’s the best orthotic shoes for those with a flat or low arch. Brooks “BioMaGo DNA” helps the cushion adapt to your feet when you move.
It gives a soft feel and ensures less shock when you run or walk on hard surfaces. The Dyad 11 has more toe room for users who have wide feet and those who need fitted orthotic shoes. This shoe features an upper mesh for better ventilation and less flexibility to help with stability.
5. Mizuno Wave Horizon 2
- MIZUNO WAVE: Wave sets the standard for running shoe technologies.
- This stability favorite uses a fan shaped CLOUDWAVE to prevent overpronation before it happens, while offering a cushioned ride at the same time.
- The Wave Horizon 3 is the softest, most stable ride in the Mizuno lineup which will keep you supported and efficient with SmoothRide technology to create a smooth transition from heel to toe on every step.
- New Premium Sockliner for added comfort
- Engineered Mesh Upper: Both breathable and durable for high performance.
This is another shoe that focuses on high stability and for users who need extra cushioning. Horizon 2 gives a responsive experience due to its plate construction. It has a smooth transition with reliable protection against impacts.
The upper features of the Wave Horizon 2 make the shoe more breathable and keep the foot cool. The special Mizuno gives plenty of comfort and softness, which a great combination for runners. It also has shock absorption for both short and long runs.
6. Asics GEL-Fortitude 8
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology - ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Guidance Trusstic System Technology - This Trusstic System Technology integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- Guidance Line Midsole Technology - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- SpevaFoam Midsole Material - Improves bounce back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown.
Asics GEL-Fortitude 8 is excellent for biomechanical foot motions of runners. The sole gel implants help cushion your forefeet strikes and heels. It reduces the impact forces that can cause stress to your legs and feet.
It’s a running shoe that has maximum support to accommodate wide feet and orthotic inserts. Fortitude 8 is one of the cheapest choices among the bunch. This shoe’s downsides are the selection of only neutral color options, and it looks quite bulky.
7. Saucony Echelon 7
- A roomy toe box provides ample room for feet to splay, while the midfoot and heel elements frame your foot to hold it in place
- The echelon 7 is also helpful for runners who suffer from underpronation, also known as supination
The best feature of the Echelon 7 is the insole molds that match your feet’ shape and movements. It also has a reflective strip placed on the heels to increase visibility when running in the evening or at night. The toe box has a lot of room for emulating a natural barefoot sprint.
It has external heel protection to keep you from rolling your feet, reducing the chance of injury. Echelon 7 is helpful for runners who have conditions like supination. The shoes may feel heavy and may lack durability, which means it’s likely to get wear and tear.
8. New Balance 990
- Heritage Style: The 990v5 is an iconic sneaker, built with a pigskin and mesh upper in a classic running silhouette designed to look amazing anywhere from morning run to runway
- Soft and Stable: These comfortable shoes are equipped with NB Memory Sole Comfort Inserts as well as CUSH+ midsoles that offer ultra-soft cushioning while maintaining stability for everyday comfort
- Durable Upper Design: These lace-up shoes are crafted with durable suede and textile uppers that are designed to stand up to everyday wear-and-tear with style
- Lightweight Cushioned Support: Ground Contact IMEVA cushioning increases comfort without adding any extra weight to these everyday running shoes
- Versatile Everyday Shoe: Complete your favorite looks with the retro-inspired style of the 311v2. This modern sneaker is inspired by classic '70s joggers with a sleek silhouette that works for today
The midsole technology in the 990 gives runners comfort and support while they run. It gives top cushioning and stability, which reduces overpronation. The 990 provides great shock absorption and supports those with flat feet.
It has great durability and adapting traction with any surface. Its polyurethane and EVA midfoot support offers a lot of stability. The New Balance 990 is heavy, but it has a lot of room and extra support for any runner and walker.
9. Saucony Redeemer ISO 2
- Make your next run count with the Saucony® Redeemer ISO².
- Predecessor: Redeemer ISO.
- Support Type: Overpronation/Stability.
- Cushioning: High energizing cushioning.
- Surface: Road. Differential: 8 mm. Engineered mesh upper for a dynamic, lightweight fit. Lace-up closure. Padded tongue and collar adds cushioning and stability. Removable insole. ISOFIT adapts to the shape of the runners foot. EVERUN™ Topsole cushioning helps return energy every step. TRI-FLEX outsole design adds flexibility and protection. Imported. Measurements: Weight: 14 oz Product measurements were taken using size 12, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements
The Saucony Redeemer ISO 2 has a sole suitable for those with an unsteady gait or flat feet. It has a responsive EVERUN foam that cushions every step. Its 8mm difference in its height between the forefoot and heel makes for a smooth running experience.
Its ISOFIT dynamic fit system makes the shoes adapt to the shape of your feet. The shoes make your feet fit better and avoid the problem of having too much foot space. The Redeemer ISO 2 helps reduce conditions like probation and other conditions relating to the feet.
10. Brooks Addiction 14
- THIS SHOE IS FOR: With its maximum support and generous fit, the Addiction is great for both runners and walkers. If you’re looking for comfort or pain relief and haven’t found it in standard performance running shoes, this shoe might be your perfect match.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA, our proprietary cushioning,adapts to your stride, weight and speed. Why? So it can help protect you by reducing impact on your joints.
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT: Our Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) is a support system for your entire body. It strategically positions arch support to guide and keep your body in its natural path of motion.
- GENEROUS FIT: Sometimes you need a little extra room to move around in. So if you need a roomier shoe for flat or high-volume feet or specialized orthotics, your search is over.
- WEAR TESTERS SAY: "I like the fit and cushioning of the shoes. The shoes were extremely comfortable when you first put them on. This is one of the key indicators that I will mostly likely buy the shoe. Also, the cushioning felt like it provides plenty of support."
The Addiction 14 offers a lot of support for runners with flat to low arches. It adapts to the motion and provides comfort to reduce the stress on your joints. The upper features of the shoe have extra support, but it’s light and supports the toes.
The Brooks Addictive 14 gives plenty of support and space, which makes it great for orthotics. This shoe makes use of BioMoGo technology, offering the best support for flat feet.
The Best Running Shoes for Orthotics
Have you decided which shoe is your favorite? Feel free to contact us to learn more about what shoe fits you the best. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as we can!