A good percentage of people are born with wide feet, others develop them as they grow, and many suffer natural foot deformities that mean they have to wear wider shoes than normal. This can present a bit of a problem if you are a football player looking for wide football cleats.
The truth is that most football cleats on the market are designed for narrow-footed players. That, however, doesn’t mean that all hope is lost.
You only need to look a little bit harder to find the best wide football cleats for you. Here are some of the finest choices available.
The Best Wide Football Cleats for Wide-Footed Players
This buyer’s guide and reviews should help point you in the right direction:
When looking for the best football cleats for wide feet, think about the upper material. Leather is traditionally used because it is durable and comfortable. Synthetic materials are more affordable, lightweight, and commonly used in more modern football cleats.
For more protection, you want to find a high cut football cleat. It stretches through the ankle and helps reduce the risk of ankle sprains and other injuries.
A mid-cut has center trim pads designed to provide ankle support while also allowing for the player to remain as maneuverable as possible. Finally, low-cut shoes are light and also offer great maneuverability. However, they are much less durable and offer the least protection for a player’s ankles.
1. Adidas Men’s Adizero 8.0 Football Shoe
- Lightweight cleats built for comfort on every play
- Regular fit
- Lightweight textile upper provides durability
- Tongue and heel pulls for easy on and off
- Cleated outsole for traction
Adidas is a trusted brand as far as sportswear goes, and their Adidas Men’s Adizero 8.0 Football Shoe is an excellent lightweight option for football players with a wider foot. Designed for both speed and stability, these shoes have reinforced leather, making them extremely strong and durable.
- 100% synthetic
- Might take some time to break-in
2. Adidas Men’s Freak X Carbon Mid Football Shoe
- SPRINTSKIN upper is a revolutionary laminated package for incredible support and reduced weight
- Heel cup locks the foot in place
- Lightweight, supportive, breathable mesh lining
- Anatomically molded EVA insole provides perfect comfort
- TPU fly plate outsole provides lightweight traction and durability
These Adidas Men’s Freak X Carbon Mid Football Shoes are designed to offer the player a sturdy yet comfortable feel that accommodates wide feet. It’s also quite flexible and offers a snug, sock-like fit that wide-footed players would appreciate. As a mid-cut pair of cleats, these shoes provide ample ankle support and agility.
- Features QUICKFRAME TPU, which makes them quite stable
- Durable material
- Offer excellent ankle support
- The tongue space is quite small
3. Nike Men’s Force Savage Pro 2 Mid Football Cleats
Brands such as Nike have made a name for themselves in the sports industry by providing gear that is of excellent quality, and these Nike Men’s Force Savage Pro 2 Mid Football Cleats are not an exception to that rule.
Designed for ultimate comfort, these cleats have inner pads that hug your heels, making sure that your feet don’t slip whenever you maneuver your way on the field. They also have a synthetic upper compromised of leather, which adds commendable support, allows for a comfortable fit, and increases durability.
- Have heel hugging inner pads
- Designed for wide feet
- A bit pricey
4. Under Armour Men’s Spotlight Select Mid Mc Football Shoe
- Lightweight synthetic upper built with Haptic Printing overlays for added structure
- Mid-cut construction for added ankle support without sacrificing speed
- Full-length EVA sockliner for underfoot cushion & comfort
- Strategically placed bladed & conical studs for improved braking & quick multi-directional movements
- Secondary cleats engage to provide an added bite for razor sharp cuts & explosive acceleration
Yet another reliable brand, these Under Armour Men’s Spotlight Select Mid Mc Football Shoe, are perfect for wide-footed players looking for high-quality cleats.
They are not only comfortable, but they are also lightweight and feature Haptic Printing overlays, which go a long way to add structure and durability. Furthermore, they have a full-length EVA midsole sock liner, which provides cushioning and comfort underfoot.
- Conical and bladed studs improve agility
- Mid-cut design offering excellent ankle support
- The patches are quite small
5. Under Armour Men’s Highlight Select MC Football Boot
- Form-fitting CompFit ankle construction delivers an incredible, snug feel for an extra boost of speed & stability
- 3D molded tongue for increased comfort & a better fit
- High-rebound SuperFoam insole provides optimal shock absorption & comfort
- Full-length TPU cleat plate is extremely durable & stable
- Triangular studs deliver greater traction in all directions
These Under Armour Men’s Highlight Select MC Football Boot has a long shaft that measures 7″ from the arch. This not only makes them comfortable but also allows them to provide excellent support for your entire foot.
It features an iconic CompFit design that allows for an incredibly snug feel and tight fit that offers extra agility support while also providing you with a comfortable fit.
- 3D molded tongue for comfort and better fit
- SuperFoam insole for better shock absorption
- Build for wide-footed players
- CompFit ankle texture for amazing support
- The ankle area isn’t as snug as it should be
6. Adidas Nasty Fly (Wide) 20 Cleat
- Regular fit
- Lace closure
- Mesh and TPU upper
- Flexible Bounce midsole cushioning
Featuring a molded rubber outsole, these Adidas Nasty Fly (Wide) 20 Cleats provide you with superior traction and comfort. Specifically designed for wide-footed players, these cleats have a low-cut design making them easy to wear and maintain.
- Features mesh and TPU
- Designed for wide feet
- Excellent grip
- Low cut, which might not be conducive for some players
7. Nike Men’s Alpha Menace Shark Football Cleats
- Low top women's sneaker
- Thin, Flexible leather
- Elastic banded closure at ankle
- Front lace up closure
- Padded tongue with NIKE logo
Featuring a TPU outsole, these Nike Men’s Alpha Menace Shark Football Cleats are perfect for wide feet players who are keen on traction. The cleats have a three-quarter collar which offers you optimal ankle support.
Furthermore, the shoe is designed for proper fit, which means that you don’t have to worry about how snug it will be or the level of comfort it will offer you on the field.
- TPU outsole for traction
- Excellent ankle support
- Competitive pricing
- Sizing can be a little tricky
8. Under Armour Men’s Breathe Trainer Football Shoe
- E Sizing built to better fit athletes with wide feet
- UA smart weave upper provides the ultimate lightweight support
- Clarino microfiber leather for added durability & support
- Integrated lacing system for a locked in fit
- GORE TEX construction is 100% waterproof but remains incredibly breathable
If you have been looking for lightweight and extremely supportive cleats as a wide foot player, this pair of Under Armour Men’s Breathe Trainer Football Shoe might just be what you need. They feature an EVA footbed that is not only comfortable but also rather stable under your foot. These rubber molded cleats offer you superior traction, durability, and comfort.
- Feature EVA footbed technology, making them very stable
- The studs can be a tad unreliable
9. Nike Men’s Alpha Menace 2 Shark Football Cleat
- Nike FastFlex technology creates flexibility in the outsole for natural movement
- Aggressive rubber tread delivers traction to accelerate and change direction quickly
- Foam midsole for enhanced comfort and fit
- Synthetic leather and fabric are durable and supportive
- Abrasion-resistant molding creates durability
These Nike Men’s Alpha Menace 2 Shark Football Cleats are designed to provide the player with extra cushioning for optimum comfort. The shoes feature Nike’s patented and exclusive Fast-Flex technology, which allows players to play at full strength and speed regardless of the grounds. They are a low-cut pair of cleats that are easy to wear, maintain and perfect for wide-footed players.
- Ideal for aggressive players
- Offer ankle support
- Improves speed
- The lanyard is rather short
10. Zephz WideTraxx Football Cleat Adult
- zephz introduces the Wide Traxx Football shoe in Black/Silver.
- An EE Width shoe that features a synthetic upper.
- Mid Cut design for ankle support.
- TPU cleated outsole with rivets.
- Rubber Cleats
Available in extra-wide sizes, these Zephz WideTraxx Football Cleats are ideal for players who have extra-wide feet. Made out of comfortable TPU outsole material and rubber cleats, this pair of shoes are not only extremely affordable but also quite ideal. They feature a mid-cut design that offers excellent ankle support.
- Extremely affordable
- Very comfortable
- Designed for extra-wide feet
- Rubber cleats
- Only available in black
Football players with wide feet can have a difficult time finding cleats that fit them properly. However, this list of wide football cleats is a good place to start. For the most part, the options here are quite ideal and affordable.
Last update on 2021-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API