Air Jordans and And1 shorts (well, Under Armour nowadays); what do these things have in common? If you said basketball, you are entirely correct.
Granted, Under Armour is all over sports today, but for the most part, you will see their logo on basketball shorts, wrist bands, headbands, and other basketball gear.
Air Jordan’s speak for themselves. These brands are royalty as far as basketball accessories go. You are more likely to see them on pros and enthusiasts alike.
Like every other sport, popular or otherwise, to play basketball comfortably, you need to have a few accessories, things that make you look the part, and protect you and enhance your basketball game. Today, there are thousands of different basketball accessories on the market.
Most of them are essential, many aren’t, but they make it all look cool. Whether you are a novice at the game or a professional basketball player, here are some of the best accessories that can help elevate your basketball game.
Best Basketball Accessories that Pros Use
The beauty of loving a popular sport like basketball is that there are so many big names to emulate. People you can look up to and copy to improve your game.
Part of this emulation process involves dressing or kitting up the same way as these pros. What many may not understand is that these pros aren’t born looking or playing that well.
They spend hours practicing, and even during these practice sessions, they need to have the right kind of accessories on. That’s why this list includes some of the most essential basketball accessories for both games and training sessions.
1. Wristbands and Headbands
- Headband/sweatband constructed in multi-channel performance fibers
- Material wicks sweat & dries really fast
- Embroidered UA logo
- Sold in pairs
- Width: 3"
Perhaps the most basic accessories to choose from, headbands and wristbands are worn by professional basketball players for more crucial reasons than just looking cool.
During a basketball game, regardless of how well conditioned a player you may be, you are going to start sweating. This sweat sometimes drips down your forehead and into your eyes, preventing you from having clear vision, something that every basketball player needs.
A wristband accessory such as these Under Armour Men’s 3-inch Performance Wristbands or headbands such as these Under Armour Men’s Performance Headbands are necessary for your basketball game.
Wristbands and headbands help keep the sweat on your forehead off your brows and eyes. In some cases, a good headband can also help keep your hair away from your eyes.
2. Arm Sleeve
- 💪 High Quality: Our compression sleeves are made from a blend of 90% Nylon/10% Spandex. We recommend machine washing in cold water. Bleaching and machine drying are not recommended. Lightweight, stretchy, breathable, moisture-wicking, & odor resistant. Elastic upper bands hold the covers comfortably in place & thumbholes provide hand protection
- 💪 Sun Guard: Forearm sleeve extends from your wrist to your upper arm (bicep) & offer UPF 50+ shielding against harmful UV rays. They are durable, keep your arms cool & are very comfortable to wear
- 💪 Multipurpose: The sleeves protect your arms while engaging in sports & other outdoor activities. They are also helpful for sunburn, scratches, abrasions, & cooling. Our black & navy blue compression sleeves completely cover up tattoos
- 💪 Improve Performance in Endurance Sports: With compression sleeves, your muscles can perform for longer periods, recover more rapidly, & protect against injuries. A seamless design provides durability & extreme comfort
- ✅ 100% Money-Back Guarantee - We want you to be fully satisfied with your compression sleeves! If it does not work for you, you may return it for a full refund with no questions asked
Another excellent accessory that is worn for more than just its “cool effect.” Professional basketballers often wear an arm sleeve on their shooting hand to keep that arm warm, compressed and responsive when they need it to shoot baskets during a game.
The theory behind it is that you, as the player, will be running and moving around a lot during the entire game, meaning that you will have a lot of adrenaline rushing through your body.
This makes it difficult to hold your hand steady when you need to stop suddenly to make a shot. The arm sleeve helps stabilize your arm, giving you a better chance to make a more accurate shot.
3. Sticky Mats
- ✅ Our Basic Model- Step on and Step Off as our Traction Pad Removes Dirt, Dust, and Oil from Shoes. Cleans your Shoes Allowing Better Traction.
- ✅.USES PEEL AWAY STICKY SHEETS -- Includes 30 Sticky Sheets (15" by 18"). Replacement Sheets available on Amazon - search StepNGrip Sticky Sheets.
- ✅ OUR BASIC MODEL: For those Seeking the Basic Shoe Cleaning System this System works Great. For those Seeking Better Traction please search Amazon for StepNGrip.
- ✅ CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN BOARD. Print 8.5 by 11 inch paper. Place under very bottom sticky sheet. EASY!
- ✅REGISTERED BRAND - IPRIMIO is a registered brand on Amazon; We are the hardworking and customer-oriented that always considers customer satisfaction as its top priority. If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, just let us know, and we will help.
You have probably heard that loud squeaky sound or even experienced it yourself during a basketball game. That occurs when shoes skid against the court.
To prevent slippage and possible injury, pros often keep a sticky mat nearby. Something on which they can periodically wipe the soles of their shoes to make them less slippery.
4. Grip Powder
- Rosin based formula improves grip during sweaty activities without the need for pore-blocking antiperspirant ingredients, portable powder comes in 4 ounce plastic shaker
- Wood rosin based formula improves grip when sweaty without the overly-sticky feeling
- Portable solution for football, golf, tennis, racquetball, squash, table tennis, gymnastics, weight lifting and other indoor or outdoor activities
- Hold clothing and bikini bottoms in place during pageants and bodybuilding competitions, great accessory for pole fitness, aerial silks
- Get traction on outdoor tools in hot weather
You need grip powder for the very same reason why you need a headband and a wristband. Any time you play a game of basketball, you are going to get drenched in sweat. This often finds its way to the palms of your hand, making it extremely difficult to get a firm grip on the ball.
This, in turn, makes it almost impossible to dribble, pass and even shoot properly. To avoid making terrible ball handling mistakes during the game, using some grip powder on your palms can solve this issue.
5. Knee Pads
- Hex Technology is superior, closed cell foam padding that gives every athlete, in any contact or collision sport, the remarkable advantages of protection, durability and confidence.
- Can be used for the knee, elbow or shin
- Moisture Management Technology is all about cool and dry
- Highly versatile pad available in 9mm Hex Technology
- Machine washable/dryable
When was the last time you played an intense game of basketball without somehow ending up falling on the court? These are the kind of accidents that come with the territory. When you are passionate about the game and fighting for every loose ball, sometimes you will fall, and in most cases, you will end up on your knees.
To prevent potential injuries and some serious knee scraping, wearing a knee pad could be the best idea. You have probably seen some pros wearing these, and you wondered why they would do that because they seem a bit limiting as far as leg movement is concerned.
The truth is that some of the best knee pads are quite flexible, comfortable and don’t limit your movements at all. They also do a wonderful job of protecting your knees from injuries that may result from falls.
6. Return Net
- Train with ease - the Rebounder basketball System is the ultimate teammate, rolling balls back to you after every shot. Stop wasting time scrambling after loose balls
- Heavy duty netting - heavy-duty polyester netting ensures that your basketball returns after every shot. No more worrying about it bouncing into a window or neighbor's yard
- Refillable anchor weights - Use your Rebounder basketball return System again and again using the anchor weights provided. These 4 refillable PVC water bags each hold 1.5 Gallons of water
- Simple Assembly - the netting System assembles with ease and conveniently attaches to your basketball hoop using a webbing harness. No tools or screws are Required
- Dimensions: 120"L x 60"W x 108"H
Every player is going to spend some time practicing their free throws. In some cases, you will miss those shots and they are going to either bounce off the backboard or end up somewhere else entirely.
Retrieving the ball takes time and wastes a lot of your practicing potential. By hooking up a return net under the basket, these balls are mostly going to be sloping down gently towards the court and ending up nearer to your position. You no longer have to chase after them and can now focus on shooting practice.
These are just some of the most important basketball accessories and basketball equipment you will need if you are going to make your game and your training session fun and safer.
Of course, the more you grow in the game as a basketball player, the more sophisticated your accessories will be and might even include electronic wearables. However, apart from the actual basketball shoes, kit, and basketball, these are the most essential basketball accessories.
Last update on 2021-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API