CrossFit training has become popular for both men and women over the past 10 years. CrossFit is a sport that is available to all people from all walks of life. With CrossFit, no day is like the other. The workouts are designed to condition your body to different strengths and abilities.
CrossFit activities range from distance running, weight lifting, squatting, and many more. It comes as no surprise that most people find it hard to find ideal shoes for all the different types of workouts.
Why Should Women Try CrossFit?
If you are a woman who takes part in CrossFit, then you know all the benefits that come with it. If you are looking for more information on what CrossFit is all about, we are here to help.
CrossFit games are designed for people of all genders and training levels. If you want to improve your health and fitness level, you can try it and see how well it will work for you.
CrossFit is a safe and healthy way to stay healthy and active.
What Are the Benefits of CrossFit?
CrossFit is a combination of high-intensity exercise programs that you will need to perform various aerobic and strength exercises such as push-ups, cleans, and sprints. When these workouts are combined, they are called workouts of the day.
Every work out of the day is one and half hours long. The final thirty minutes are used to track performance and progress. It is essential a fitness competition between yourself every time you perform a full workout.
How CrossFit Works
CrossFit encourages overall health and fitness. Fitness means that you are in good health and form because of regular physical exercise. Here is a way in which CrossFit measures the fitness of a person in terms of:
- Muscle strength
- General Cardiovascular activity
- The composition of the body
- Muscle flexibility
- Metabolic health of a person
In CrossFit, you get fitter and get stronger at the same time. You will lose fat and gain muscle. Your body will become more flexible because of regular exercise. From the fitness activities, your digestive system will be better.
Pros and Cons of CrossFit
Here are some of the key pros and cons of CrossFit for women:
Pros of CrossFit for Women
CrossFit women enjoy doing CrossFit and enjoy its benefits as well. Here is a list of some of the benefits that you will get when you start CrossFit training.
Be Part of a Great Community
Exercise is much better when done in groups. CrossFit will give you a chance to be part of a great community that will be your class. In that class, you will have people with who you will have the same goals. You will work and encourage each other to perform the high-intensity workouts and celebrate each other’s achievements at the fitness center. CrossFit has built one of the largest communities in a very little time compared to any other fitness form.
It is Exciting
If you are looking for a workout regimen that will always give you an extra push, CrossFit is for you. The fitness centers are always playing pumping music to keep you excited and ready to work out. CrossFit is exciting if you also like going past your limits. CrossFit training will test you to your limits. There will always be some new height for you to reach while training. CrossFit is bold and vibrant, and fun at the same time.
This is a great type of workout if you are always looking to challenge yourself. In CrossFit, you are your own competition. You have to push through your limits to go the extra mile and finish your circuit.
You, Will, Develop A Healthy and Strong Body
CrossFit workouts are designed to help you get stronger while getting fitter. A great advantage is that you will get to lose weight while at it. Most people take up CrossFit to maintain a healthy weight and keep their mental health in check through the workouts.
Cons Associated with CrossFit for Women
Here are some of the most common cons associated with CrossFit for women:
Doesn’t have Individual Training
CrossFit training is mainly centered on community training. You will be expected to perform the same task as everyone in your class. This is a major drawback because everyone is different, and our bodies are known to function and perform differently. You will find that there is a workout that requires a different level of experience than others.
Lack of Programming
A major fallback of CrossFit is that it lacks programming. If you are used to a specific type of training such as lifting, you know what importance lifting holds to fitness. The right program is the key to the best type of fitness.
You need to know your weaknesses and strengths. Every person is different and requires a different program to achieve their goals. Programming is also very important and helps prevent future injuries, and it will help you know the areas that you will be required to work on.
Different individuals require different levels of training to achieve different goals at the gym. CrossFit is not scalable. You will not be in a position to judge a person’s level of skill if they cannot compete in a high-intensity training program during their first week.
Best CrossFit Shoes for Women
Finding a CrossFit shoe that fits perfectly can be tricky for women. There are, however, different options available, some from the best brands in the market. According to some experts, the best CrossFit shoe for a woman offers the best balance for both function and form while remaining stylish. CrossFit shoes should provide support and comfort throughout the CrossFit exercises.
It would be best to find a CrossFit pair whether you work out at the gym or home. I hope you will find a pair that meets your needs on this list. Here are some of the best CrossFit shoes for women in the market.
We have done our research and tested the shoes out. We hope this list will help make your work easier when looking for CrossFit shoes.
1. Reebok Women’s CrossFit Nano 7.0 Track
- NanoWeave upper
- Low-cut design
- CMEVA midsole
- Forefoot flex grooves. Features 360 degree midsole wrap and drop is 0.16 inch
- High-abrasion rubber outsole
The Reebok Women’s CrossFit Nano 7.0 Track shoes are made of breathable fabric. The outer sole is made of rubber, while the woven part of the shoes is secure and comfortable. The shoe comes with extra thick laces designed to stay in place, so you will not have to worry about the laces getting untied in the middle of a workout session.
Why is the Reebok Women’s CrossFit Nano 7.0 Track shoe the best CrossFit shoe for women? The shoe comes with what Reebok refers to as the power launch toe box. This means that the shoe’s toe area is tighter, which gives additional support for some CrossFit workouts.
The Reebok Women’s CrossFit Nano 7.0 Track has a low-cut, which ensures it does not ride up the ankle. This creates room for flexibility. These shoes also have a reinforced heel cup for stability and provide leverage while lifting weights. It also comes with a removable insole.
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Ideal for gym and home workouts
- Designed for CrossFit lovers
- It does not fit to size
- It has a flat bottom and is therefore not ideal for other types of exercises other than CrossFit
- Not ideal for women with wide feet
2. Nike Women’s Metcon 3 Training Shoes
- Upper material: synthetic
- Coating: synthetic
- Sole material: synthetic
- Closure: laces
The Nike Women’s Metcon 3 Training Shoes is among the best CrossFit shoes for women because it provides the best stability and cushioning any CrossFit shoe could offer. These shoes are engineered with flywheel cables at the bottom that will enable you to grip the floor when working out while remaining breathable and light.
The Nike Women’s Metcon 3 Training Shoes is designed with a piece of mesh fabric at the ankle and heel section, which prevents your feet from sweating in the middle of a workout. These shoes perform exceptionally well in all types of CrossFit sessions because they can handle any workout no matter how intensive it is. It has a flat sole that is great for CrossFit workouts.
This women’s CrossFit shoe has a lot of reinforcement on all the areas that are prone to wear and tear. This improves the shoemaking’s longevity; it one of the best shoes to go for when choosing a CrossFit shoe.
- Has flat soles that are ideal for CrossFit circuits
- The heel is made of rubber and ensures maximum stability during weight lifting.
- Cushioned mid-sole that enhances comfort.
- Designed for CrossFit workouts
- Not ideal for any other type of workout other than CrossFit
- You have to break in them before you can wear them comfortably at the fitness center
3. Under Armour Women’s Threadborne Push
- Threadborne embroidered upper provides breathability, structure, support & directional strength
- Dynamic webbing loops hug the foot to enhance fit & support during multi directional movement
- Lateral rubber forefoot wrap provides traction & stability
- Die cut, full length EVA sockliner for added comfort & a custom fit
- Charged Cushioning midsole absorbs impact & converts it into a responsive burst of power
The Under Armour brands first came to the fitness market with their cold-weather workout gear. They have designed workout attire that keeps you warm while working out in the cold. Since then, the company has ventured into new products, making CrossFit shoes great for women.
The Under Armour Women’s Threadborne Push is one of the best CrossFit shoes for women because of its design while being both stylish and practical. These shies are designed to have great support for all the directional movements required during CrossFit. They are made with dynamic webbing loops built on the body of the shoes. These loops will ensure that you are well supported regardless of the direction your exercises will take you.
The Under Armour Women’s Threadborne Push is made of a breathable fabric that allows great air circulation all through your workouts. The shoe has a forefoot wrap around the upper section of the toe box from the sole. The outer rubber sole ensures that you have extra traction and grip with this workout shoe.
The Under Armour Women’s Threadborne Push interior is made of a full-length EVA sock liner that makes the shoe very comfortable to wear. The outer sole pattern includes rubber pods at strategic places giving much-needed traction for any workout.
- Additional padding at the ankles for comfort
- Insoles are designed to mold your foot after the first few years
- Core-out midsoles that make them lighter
- Stylish design
- Ideal for CrossFit workout
- Have a narrow footbed and toe box
- Have a small fit, so you will need to buy a size up
4. Adidas Women’s PowerLift 4 Cross Trainer
- Weightlifting shoes with extra stability for a locked-down feel
- Narrow fit; Lace closure with hook-and-loop strap
- Strong canvas upper; Reinforced heel counter
- High-density die-cut midsole wedge; Flexible forefoot
- Anti-slip rubber outsole; Locked-down fit
The Adidas Women’s PowerLift 4 Cross Trainer shoes are extremely functional and stylish. These shoes are designed to fit any CrossFit workout while remaining stylish and snappy at the same time. These shoes come in different colors as well as in a wide range of sizes. This means that you have many options to choose from if this is the shoe you decide to go with.
The Adidas cross trainers offer you a great fit, and this is part of the reason why they have made it to the list of the best CrossFit shoes for women. They come equipped with a rubber sole and offer a snug and narrow fit.
You can secure this CrossFit training shoe with its laces and a strap to keep you locked down while weightlifting and training. The canvas upper includes a flexible forefoot to accommodate the natural movement of your feet. This makes them even more comfortable while enhancing your stability which is much needed during CrossFit workouts.
These shoes come down low on the ankle region, therefore, leaving a lot of room for flexibility while working out. These shoes are designed with the perfect grip ad wrap around the top of the toe part, making them ideal for trickier workouts such as rope climbing. This is part of the reason why they are considered some of the best CrossFit shoes for women.
- Flexible forefoot and reinforced midfoot
- Raised heel for added stability
- Stylish design
- May want to size down. Many reported the shoes being too large
- Not recommended for people with narrow feet
5. Reebok Women’s CrossFit Speed TR Cross-Trainers
- Compression sleeve upper
- Low-cut design
- Ultra soft compression-molded midsole
- Forefoot cradle
- Metasplit flex grooves on outsole
The Reebok Women’s CrossFit Speed TR Cross-Trainers is designed for women who take part in multi-intensity workouts. A great training shoe is designed for a specific type of workout in mind. This is what makes the Reebok Women’s CrossFit Speed TR Cross-Trainers one of the best CrossFit shoes in the market.
These shoes come in very appealing colors that will make you stand out among the rest in your fitness center. The Reebok Women’s CrossFit Speed TR Cross-Trainers are very lightweight and come with a compression-molded midsole and a low-cut design that makes the show comfortable and flexible while working out.
The Reebok Women’s CrossFit Speed TR Cross-Trainer’s body is made of a compression sleeve, making it ideal for the different CrossFit movements. This shoe has a perfect fit and provides great comfort and protection while feeling like you don’t have any shoes during your workout session. These shoes do really move with you.
The soles are designed with metal flex toe groves that will help improve the grip on the floor while performing all the types of exercises you will be required to finish by your trainer.
- It comes in brilliant colors that will make you stand out at the fitness center
- The molded midsole for ultimate comfort during your workouts
- Compression sleeve that feels like skin once worn
- Very durable
- Very flexible
- Great for CrossFit workouts
- Not ideal for women with wide and flat feet because they run narrow in width
- You have to order a size down because they have a large fit
6. Inov-8 Women’s F-Lite 235 V2 Cross-trainers
- For versatile training.
- Supreme stability: The same high density Power heel technology, zero drop proprioception, and new heel lock construction delivers maximum stability when lifting weights.
- An ultra secure fit: ADAPTERFIT Met-cradle adapts to the natural movement and swells with the foot when in motion during fast, hard lateral and medial movement. New welded overlay construction reduces weight while maintaining ultimate fit and flexibility.
- Natural flexibility: Next generation Meta-flex technology allows optimal multi-directional flexibility and the metcradle lacing system holds your foot secure in the shoe ensuring the shoe moves naturally with the foot.
- Unrivaled grip: The unbeatable grip expected in all inov-8 models with 360 degree Rope-tec extended onto the shoe's upper for traction and durability on rope climbs.
The Inov-8 Women’s F-Lite 235 V2 Cross-trainers are among the best CrossFit shoes for women in the market. These shoes are designed for exercises such as weightlifting, gymnastics, and functional fitness workouts in mind. These shoes are available in five different colors and possess a low profile to ensure that your ankles are very flexible. CrossFit training requires you do many exercises which require a lot of movement. You will need shoes that do not tie you down where you will not be in a position to finish your circuit.
The most exciting part of the Inov-8 Women’s F-Lite 235 V2 Cross-trainers is the lacing system. You will not need to retie your shoelaces mid-exercise. These shoes are designed with a met cradle lacing system specially designed to tighten and lose while working out, making these shoes the best CrossFit workout shoes for women.
The Inov-8 Women’s F-Lite 235 V2 Cross-trainers have a grip section extending the sole all through to the shoes’ toes, which helps provide extra support while climbing ropes. The soles are designed to have a lot of grips, providing stability during the different CrossFit exercises.
- Provide excellent support
- They are lightweight
- They are breathable
- Sweat-wicking material
- Ideal for CrossFit training
- Great for rope climbing
- They have an oversized fit, so you might need to get a size lower
- The sole padding is thicker at the heel than at the front
7. Altra Women’s HIIT XT Cross-Training Shoes
- DESIGNED TO IMPROVE: Natural Foot Positioning, Walking Form, Toe Splay, Comfort, Stability
- PLATFORM: Fully cushioned Zero Drop platform and FootShape toe box. CUSHIONING: Medium. STACK HEIGHT: 24mm. LAST: SL2.
- MIDSOLE: Dual Layer EVA with A-Bound. OUTSOLE: Rubber. INSOLE: 5mm Sculpted Footbed. UPPER: Quick-Dry Air Mesh.
- OTHER FEATURES: Natural Ride System, Fit4Her Women's Specific Fit.
- IDEAL USES: HIIT, CrossFit, Gym Training, Cross-Training, Light Running. WEIGHT: 8.1oz./230g.
The Altra Women’s HIIT XT Cross-Training Shoes are specially designed for people who participate in the HIIT cardio workout. They are also great for CrossFit trainers, which is why they appear on this best CrossFit shoes for women list.
These shoes come in three different color combinations, including black and purple, gray and lime, and black and red. In most cases, the sizes tend to run small, so you may want to get a size higher if you want the best fit.
The Altra Women’s HIIT XT Cross-Training Shoes are designed to help you get the perfect fit form while working out. He enables you to avoid injuries during CrossFit workouts. The comes with a sculpted footbed and an upper exterior that is made of a quick-dry mesh.
These cross-training shoes for women also feature a zero drop platform that is cushioned to provide comfort. The soles of these shoes are made of a rubber material, ensuring that you don’t slide around while doing your lifts.
The Altra Women’s HIIT XT Cross-Training Shoes have a narrow inner heel part that helps lock the foot in place during workouts. This provides much-needed stability and traction.
- The heel section is narrow to ensure that the foot is locked in place
- Upper part made of a quick-drying breathable mesh fabric
- Sticky rubber sole that offers excellent grip
- Does not always offer a perfect fit
- Limited color choices, especially if you want shoes that will always match your workout gear
8. NOBULL Women’s Training Shoe
The NOBULL Women’s Training Shoe is one of the best CrossFit shoes in the market because of its double-duty features. These shoes are great for CrossFit exercises as well as climbing and lifting. The NOBULL company designs shoes for women who need a shoe that is ideal for hard workouts.
The NOBULL Women’s Training Shoe stands against all odds in the gym. It is great for women who are adventurous with their exercises and do not play around at the gym. It comes with an exclusive design that is great for both indoors and outdoors exercise. These CrossFit shoes have lag patterns that provide great traction and support in all the exercises you will have to do for the day.
The NOBULL Women’s Training Shoes are designed with Super Fabric guard plates on the outer part to protect your feet while doing a workout like wall climbing. The upper section of the shoes is made of a breathable fabric that is durable and also resistant to abrasions. You will use these shoes for a long time without having to think of getting another pair.
- Its design fits true to size
- Great performance and doesn’t break
- The soles provide great traction
- Great aesthetic
- It has a wide toe box and can be uncomfortable for women with narrow feet.
- The upper shoe guard plate adds some weight to the shoe
We hope you are now better positioned to choose the best CrossFit shoes for women that will work best for you while working out.
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API