If you are into Crossfit, you need shoes that could withstand the demands of its various workout. Crossfit is a sport that demands strength, agility, speed, and flexibility. And if you’re not properly shod, if your shoes are not engineered for Crossfit, you will not get the most out of your workout. But worse, you can get injured, not wearing the proper shoes. You’d want shoes that can give you good footing on strength exercises, like lifting weights; excellent traction for agility and flexibility routines. And lightweight, that will not be an impediment on speed; but tough and durable enough for strength exercises.
Here are the Best Crossfit Shoes for 2020.
#1 Reebok Crossfit Nano 8.0
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately low-top from arch
- Reebok Shoes
When it comes to Crossfit shoes, Reebok has all you need for crossfit routines in the Crossfit Nano 8.0.
Its wide toe box gives you more efficiency and comfort in doing your power moves. Crossfit Nano 8.0 comes with forefoot cushioning for a good bounce back and comfort. Its dynamic upper FlexweaveÂ® design not only makes it lightweight (10 oz) but gives it a breathable cover for your feet, without sacrificing on strength and durability. The Crossfit Nano 8.0 also has minimal toe drop (4mm) on its out sole that gives you secure footing on your power moves.
For best all-around crossfit routines, go for Reebok Crossfit Nano 8.0.
#2 Nike Free X Metcon 2
Metcon stands for Metabolic Conditioning. This shoe is scientifically engineered to help you achieve metabolic conditioning in doing your crossfit training.
Nike Free X Metcon 2 is not only versatile in function, it’s also very attractive in style. The mid-cage locks provide you with added stability on your power moves. But it also gives your crossfit shoes an attractive accent. Metcon 2 upper material is made of Flywire which is a futuristic lightweight weave made of very durable Vectran. This supports ease and speed of movement because it is lightweight. It also gives you stability because the material is very tough and provides good support to your foot when moving from side to side. Metcon 2 uses firm foam on its midsole for cushioning, stability, and comfort.
You’re making the right choice for crossfit shoes with Nike Free Metcon 2.
#3 Asics Conviction X Cross-Trainer Shoe
- RhynoSkin Synthetic Leather: An abrasion and tear resistant synthetic leather for increased upper durability.
- Perforated Sock liner: Optimizes moisture drainage and improves breathability.
- Integrated Lace Garage: Complies with rules regarding laces.
- Integrated Lace Garage: Complies with rules regarding laces.
Asics designed the Conviction X cross trainers for HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts.
Asics Conviction X is an excellent all-around Crossfit shoe engineered for speed, flexibility, and strength workouts. Its synthetic leather upper is made of RhynoSkin giving it a tough and slash resistant finish. The leather upper material also provides stability. The mesh fabric incorporated with the RhynoSkin makes the shoe very breathable and lightweight. This makes Asics Conviction X ideal for warm environment workouts. Its out soles are made of high abrasion rubber giving it good grip and traction on any surface. This makes it excellent for routines that require running and speed. It also has a toe drop of 4 mm making it a very stable all-around crossfit shoe.
If you’re into minimalist shoe design that is versatile and durable, then Asics Conviction X Cross-Trainer is the right gear for you.
#4 Adidas Powerlift 3.1
- Lightweight synthetic leather upper for ankle support and durability
- Air mesh collar, tongue and lining for maximum breathability
- Open forefoot structure and flexible toe for enhanced comfort and breathability
- Weight lifting-engineered, high-density die-cut midsole wedge for lightweight stability; Lace closure with wider strap for tight fit
- Adiwear outsole offers the ultimate in high-wear durability
Adidas has come up with this entry-level Crossfit lifting shoes that is designed to help you improve your lifting workout. It is deliberately engineered to meet the rigorous demands of heavy lifting and power moves. It is unique in this way.
Its upper material is made of synthetic leather and textile, making it very tough and durable. It has a wide toe box and mid-cage lock straps to give you stability in your stance when doing squats and heavy lifting. Adidas Powerlift 3.1 also provides better ankle support using lightweight synthetic leather, and a mesh lining for breathability and comfort. Its durable synthetic out sole has a wide wedged heel base for better stability and minimal side movements.
If you’re looking for lifting shoes, Adidas Powerlift 3.1 is ideal for you.
Buyer’s Guide to Crossfit Shoes
Whether you’re a beginner in Crossfit or experienced and on the way to replacing your old cross training shoes, it’s really helpful to know the top features to look for in the best crossfit shoes for 2020. So, here they are:
Top Features to Look for in the Best Crossfit Shoes for 2020:
- When it comes to the upper material, you should be looking for something tough and breathable. These things are important to Crossfit training shoes. The upper material should be able to withstand side movements. Extra movements on your feet during lifts can make you lose your balance. It also has to be breathable. This prevents your feet from heating up inside your shoes doing repetitive exercises. Reebok’s Nano 8.0 uses patented material on its upper shoe which is both tough and breathable.
- Despite the need for toughness and durability, Crossfit shoes need to be lightweight as well. Speed and agility routines require you to move in quick repetitions, and wearing heavy shoes will take its toll in extended routines. A lot of crossfit shoes now use lightweight inner and outer soles. You’d be looking for crossfit shoes in the weight range of 10 — 12 ounces.
- Having a wide toe box means your toes can spread a little for more stability and traction, especially on power lifts and squats. It’s quite difficult to do these routines wearing a very narrow shoe with your toes all cramped up inside, front and side. Test the shoe, your toes need to feel comfortable but secure. If the toe box or shoe is too wide, this would lead to extra foot movement. Look for the shoe that fits your toes comfortably.
- The lower the heel to toe ratio, or toe drop, the better the shoe is for Crossfit training. A ratio of 4 mm is good. This means that the height of your heel is 4 mm above ground compared to your toe. The incline is not too high and therefore more stable.
- This is a matter of personal taste and preference. For as long as the top 4 features are present, you have complete freedom in choosing the design and style that will make you happy.
As you look at the best Crossfit shoes for 2020, check out these top features. How do they rate?
It will help you make a better choice.
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API