Anyone into CrossFit will tell you how challenging yet extremely gratifying it can be. With that said, even if you do CrossFit every single day, there will come a point when you reach a plateau. This is very common.
Once the body catches up to the routine, then it will no longer become a challenge. Thankfully, there is one way to continue keeping your workouts interesting, and that is using the best weight vest for CrossFit.
The whole idea of CrossFit relies on several compound movements and exercises, which is something we don’t tend to see in many other disciplines. For this very diversity, weighted vests work best for CrossFit. Not only does it target muscles efficiently, but it also focuses on the aerobic or anaerobic part of the routine.
Best Weight Vest for CrossFit: Our Top Choices
We are aware that the market is flooded with countless weighted vest options, making it a challenge to choose one. Hence, we decided to make things easier for you by reviewing three amazing weighted vests that will most definitely help with your CrossFit training and push your body even further to help you become the best version of you.
1. Empower Weighted Vest
- Weights workout equipment is perfect for cardio and weight training, increases the intensity and efficiency of your workout
- Aduro weighted vest adds extra resistance evenly to body weights, it will not slip and slide during any activities
- We designed Aduro weight vests for men, women or kids with an adjustable front belt and soft neoprene material for comfort
- Mesh pocket on the back of this workout equipment saves room for you to add extra weight pockets if needed
- Backed by Aduro Sport Lifetime Limited Warranty and friendly US customer service, buy this Weight Vest with confidence
Empower is a company run by women. Their mission is to help fellow women all over to find happiness through their products. They want them to succeed and share their success with their sisters, daughters, and friends.
All of Empower’s creations are innovative and of high quality. Along with selling products, this brand also offers programming, content coaching, and events.
While most weighted vests, even though advertised as for women, follow a unisex design, this is not the case with the Empower Weighted Vest. This vest is a completely streamlined solution that is dedicated to the female physiology.
The brand has opted for a simple “X” pattern, which works perfectly with a woman’s figure. It is ergonomically optimized and contoured in such a manner that it offers great results. In fact, you will instantly notice the difference in the design upon wearing this vest.
This vest uses Lycra spandex as the primary material in all four-, eight-, and 16-pound versions. This material is known to be stretchy, which means that it offers a much better fit regardless of your body shape. This is an excellent weighted vest offering great performance. Typically, most options use weights that need to be adjusted. With this one, the sand is sewn into the vest itself, therefore achieving an even weight distribution all throughout.
While it is unorthodox to use sand in several ways, we can assure you that this offers a comfortable fit, a steady center of mass, and a low profile. Having sand in the vest also turned out to be an advantage to a certain extent. Since there is no use of weights, the vest will stay in place when running and doing intense exercises.
- Available in three different weight options
- Made keeping the female physiology in mind
- Uses a comfortable and stretchy Lycra spandex
- Needs heavier weight options
2. Aduro Sport Weighted Vest
- Weighted vest adds hands-free resistance to physical activities, including walking, running, gardening, and housework
- Weight is adjustable from 10 to 16 pounds; six 1-pound weight pouches fit into pockets on the front and back of the vest
- Contoured X-shaped silhouette designed specifically to fit a woman's figure
- Soft, stretchy Lycra spandex vest with adjustable side straps fits waist sizes from 24-48 inches
- Reflective accents help you appear more visible in low-light conditions
Aduro is the brainchild of three industry veterans. This company is primarily known for manufacturing electronic accessories, but it does sell a wide range of sports accessories too.
This company’s goal is not to follow but to lead the industry through style and innovation. Their product line contains some patented tech too, and each product is unique.
The Aduro Sport Weighted Vest has a similar design to the one we reviewed earlier. Mainly, it focuses on ensuring an optimal range of motion during CrossFit training. Although its design is quite similar to the Empower Weighted Vest, this vest is not just made for women; men can take advantage of this weighted vest too.
The Aduro Sport Weighted Vest comes with a rigid neoprene construction, which gives it a robust form. This also makes it soft, breathable, and very comfortable regardless of what your body type and shape is. You can make adjustments in the vest through the sternum strap.
This weighted vest is available in five different sizes from four to 25 pounds. Each is pre-loaded with the correct balanced weight. Keep in mind, though, that this is available in black and no other color. The company uses an odorless filling that is made of an iron product.
Comfort-wise, we had no issues with it. Other than CrossFit training, we found that it works well for all types of exercises too. In fact, it stays in place even when you run. For storage capabilities, there is a mesh pocket that is integrated into the vest’s design ideal for storing any cards, cash, or your phone.
- Made using soft and breathable neoprene
- Designed with a mesh pocket
- Padded shoulders
- Has a simple unisex design
- At times, the iron filling can leak out
3. RUNFast/Max Adjustable Weighted Vest
- Every items comes with weights included.
- Weights can be removed in all models.
- One size fits Most, manufacture warranty included.
- 12LBS-140LBS weight options available.
- Shoulder pads options also available
RUNFast/Max is a brand that sells its products on its own website and third-party online shopping sites. This brand only sells weighted vests and its accessories. Since their focus is on a single type of product, they are known to be experts at it.
The RUNFast/Max Adjustable Weighted Vest has a completely different design compared to the two weighted vests we’ve reviewed previously. This completely fits around your shoulder and torso through adjustable Velcro straps.
Although, the difference in this design is mainly because of the higher weight options they offer. This company offers different weight types, ranging between 20 pounds and 140 pounds. The vest comes with the weights included and, in each model, these weights can be removed.
This weighted vest fits most body types. It comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty that covers any manufacturing defect.
- Available in heavier weight options
- Has comfortable Velcro straps
- Weights can be removed
- Shoulder pads are not as comfortable
Which of these three is the best weight vest for CrossFit? We can say with certainty that any one of these options will level up your workouts and help you achieve your health goals. With that said, between them, we personally liked the Aduro Sport Weighted Vest.
This weighted vest’s design is one of the main reasons why we liked the product so much. Furthermore, its neoprene material is comfortable and breathable. The vest is strong and durable and is guaranteed to last a long time.