While most golf courses do allow other kinds of footwear, the kind of golf shoes you wear can affect performance in golfing. To start with, you may be playing on a wet or dry course or one exposed to other adverse weather conditions like snow.
For starters, extra stability and good ground contact delivers powerful swings and flexible and dynamic shoes can help slower swingers. Classic styles such as cleated shoes are now more accessible to the public and you also get waterproof options to manage extreme wet weather on the grasses. There is no short of options in relation to the brands that sell golfing shoes. Be sure to shop around for the best features when looking for the best golf shoes for 2020.
Spiked or Spikeless Golf Shoes?
In relation to whether you should go for spiked or spikeless shoes, there is a bit of a discussion. Spiked shoes, which have actual cleats on the outsole, for instance, will provide more lateral stability when compared to spike-less versions which have flat outsoles with rubber studs or dimples replacing spikes. You may experience better performance on golfing when using spikes in wet and hilly courses than when using spike-less options.
The spike-less options can deliver better performance in normal conditions because they offer more stability and balance. They offer a more grounded feel while the cleated versions will cause the golfer to feel slightly elevated. Spiked golf shoes are much more preferable for beginners because they deliver the solid foundation and swing so desired. Spike-less options also come in a wide range of style selection and can also perform under normal conditions of golfing.
Best Golf Shoes for 2020
Here are the 7 best golf shoes for 2020
1. Adidas Golf Men’s Tour 360
- Energized cushioning and comfort from full-length boost midsole foam
- Premium leather upper with climaproof technology for a rich look, soft, comfortable feel and long lasting protection and durability
- Advanced dual-density 10-cleat pure motion TPU outsole with strategically-placed CenTraXion and NEW thintech EXP cleats provides improved stability and grip where they're needed most
These spiked shoes are made of leather and feature thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) outsole, hence very durable, and are targeted to pro-golfers. They feature a cushion padding insole hence renders extra comfort such that they can be worn through an 18-hole round.
It provides maximum support to the midfoot and is comfortable to snug in, thanks to the 360 Wrap technologies. The energy capsule will store and release energy when the user is walking.
2. ECCO Men’s Biom Hybrid 2 Golf Shoe
- Low-profile golf shoe with anti-stain technology featuring logoed laces and metallic overlays at toe and heel
- HYDROMAX water-resistant treatment
- Technical Insole System to prevent unwanted foot movement during swing
- Anatomical last shape for support
- Tour-Proven Traction constructed from TPU with molded traction bars for grip
This leather and synthetic shoe turns out to be long-lasting, but golfers will also love the fact that it is waterproof, warm and breathable. So they can be used in extreme weather courses such as in rainy or winter seasons. This spikeless shoe delivers improved movement and stronger muscles and is available in many color combinations.
3. Adidas Women’s Adizero Tour Golf Shoe
- Weighs only 9.2 ounces
- Ultra-light, perforated tongue offers enhanced breathability and comfort
- internal SPRINTWEB TPU layer for unrivaled upper stability during lateral movements
This lightweight shoe is 100% synthetic, breathable and offers a good fit which means golfers can do better swings, twists, and turns. It is made of microfiber leather sprint skin, Sprint Web TPU and Sprint Frame for the upper body, inner part, and outsole respectively.
Given it is a spiked shoe; it can offer better performance on different terrains for women golfers.
4. Adidas Men’s Tech Response Golf Shoe
- Thintech, adituff, thintech cleat, traxion, adiwear
- Lightweight mesh and synthetic upper for enhanced breathability and comfort
- Soft eva insole for lightweight comfort and cushioning
- 6-spike configuration with thintech low-profile technology for improved traction and stability
- 91 day comfort guarantee
The shoe features a cushioned interior designed to keep your sole and side of the foot comfortable throughout the round. It also comes with a wide midsole provides enough toe room for wide footed golfers. Extra space in the shoe can be afforded by removing the inner sole.
The round is also a comfortable experience thanks to the cushioning in the interior. You midsole gets enough room to wiggle the toe and you can remove the insole to create extra space for foot.
The spikeless shoe can be worn on and off course. You can also perform better on wet courses or on different terrains because of grip and stability offered by the spikes.
5. The Nike Men’s Roshe G Golf Shoes
- Versatility and comfort
- Lightweight mesh upper construction
- All-around comfort
- Plush cushioning: phylon foam midsole provides durable cushioning
This classic golf shoe is also a good choice for a stylish casual shoe, and although most casuals wonât come with spikes, this has spikes to improve functionality and styling. The small mini spikes provide a good grip on any surface and the shoe can be worn on and off the course.
A cushioning insole ensures the foot is comfortable and free from injuries.
A thick midsole will transfer the pressure to the shore when you are running or walking. Thus, you do not have to worry about blisters which occur when the structure of your feet is damaged. The midsole will also make the feet comfortable. Mesh paneling on the shoe ensures good breathability.
6. The Skechers Go Elite Golf Shoe
- Leather deco-stitched upper
- Durable grip TPU bottom plate
- High-Performance Resamax cushioned insole
The Skechers Go Elite Golf Shoe is leather made shoe with the upper body being oxford canvas. Your feet will feel comfortable thanks to the cushioning of the insole that absorbs the shock. The wearers heals also feel comfortable. It is lightweight and can be used off the course.
Besides the four different colors to choose from, the soft insole provides the flexibility needed when doing a swing on the golf club. Women are thus able to play in any style. You can also use it for off course thanks to the durable grip.
Putting socks is optional but even without it; it feels comfortable because of the snug fit design. The shoe is more secure on foot and comfortable too because of the extra padding on under sole.
7. Puma Grip Sport Golf Shoe For Men
- Performance Mesh
- Fusion Foam
- Organic Traction
- Carbon Crystal Rubber
This is one of the best golf shoes for 2020 featuring mesh top wrapping around the shoe, and which gives the wearer good comfort and breathability. The long-lasting rubber sole is durable and delivers steady traction, and the lightweight can be worn on and off the course.
It is great to wear in hot summer due to good breathability and is extra comfortable because of the sporty midsole. The Grip Sport ensures that the user affords additional support and stability because it has a TPU perimeter wrap. We should not fail to mention that the shoe is waterproof and therefore can be used during harsh wet weather conditions.The grip comfort provides better volume and gives the foot a firmer hold.
In addition, golfers can select from a range of colors.