For decades, the golf shoe game was simple. However, times have changed. Today’s golf shoes are made with the golfer in mind. How many spikes? Where are they placed? How about gait? Does the shoe agree comfortably with the golfer’s foot shape? These are all vital question brands consider.
Manufacturers have responded to the changing trends. New technology and styling have made spiked golf shoes are the most worn type of golf shoes. Today’s golf shoes provide exceptional traction in wet conditions, extra support and terrific comfort.
With various brands in the market providing spiked golf shoes, it is essential to state that unscrupulous businessmen and women are taking advantage of the situation by manufacturing counterfeit golf shoes and selling them at cheap prices.
Anybody who understands golf knows that it is not a cheap sport, and the accessories usually are costly. With proper research, you can always find a good deal. If your golf shoes are uncomfortable or unreliable, you aren’t going to enjoy your round.
What Should I Consider
Choosing a new set of spiked golf shoes can be a frustrating process and every golfer needs a little guidance.
Cleated golf shoes are no longer limited to classic colors. There are plenty of colorful and distinctive options. Pick a style that suits your lifestyle.
Price is another factor that most golfers overlook despite it being a deal breaker for many. You don’t have to go with the cheapest, just the most practical within your budget. To add value, go for shoes with waterproof warranty.
Best Spiked Golf Shoes of 2020
We have prepared a list of spiked golf shoes that are top-rated by customers because of their outstanding performance, design, and ability to beat the test of time.
ADIDAS Tour360 XT
- Premium leather upper
- Eight-cleat TPU Puremotion outsole with strategically placed X-Traxion secondary lugs and Thintech EXP cleats
- Responsive Boost midsole
- Supportive, wrapped with soft stretch
- Seam-sealed Climaproof and 360Wrap locks in and supports the foot
For the best swings on the golf course or range practice, stability is vital, and that is why a pair of ADIDAS Tour360 XT will improve your experience. Designed for excellent traction and support, these golf shoes are ideal for any golfer who wants to enjoy comfort and stability while playing. The ADIDAS Tour360 XT offers the comfort that is above average because it has just the right amount of cushioning in the interior to ensure that your feet rest without putting excess pressure on them. To add on its superior arch support, the shoe is built with the best technology to enhance comfort and support. However, some customers complain that the pair does not fit tightly.
PUMA Ignite PWRADAPT Leather
- PWRADAPT-Proprietary new sole system provides revolutionary 3-dimensional traction and cushioning for ultimate performance and comfort. More Traction + More Comfort = PWRADAPT.
- Premium Materials-Full-Grain leather upper and heavy gauge thread provide long lasting quality and durability.
- Ignite Foam-Revolutionary and proprietary new foam provides energy return, responsive comfort, stable cushioning, and superior step-in comfort.
- PWRFRAME-Ultra-thin TPU frame encases the EVA midsole for lightweight strength and durability, increased flexibility and superior traction.
- Waterproof-2 Year Waterproof
The PUMA Ignite PWRADAPT Leather has been designed to provide ultimate comfort around key contact points without forgoing grip and stability. If there is one feature about the PUMA Ignite PWRADAPT Leather that has made it a top choice for customers is the fact that it is adaptive to the ground. That means you will always feel comfortable regardless of the part of the golf course you step on. The base is impressively flexible with 7 cleats spaced out evenly on the rubber outsole. If you’re an avid swinger, your feet will be able to move freely with regards to your release. According to customer reviews, PUMA Ignite PWRADAPT Leather golf shoes offer excellent comfort for players, plus the outer leather upper makes it both stylish and durable. The pair assures any golfer excellent heel support even though it takes some time to break it in so that your heels can get used to the support. Don’t forget that quality leather is durable; hence, a pair of these spiked golf shoes are capable of serving you for longer as long as you take care of them.
ADIDAS Tour 360 Knit
- Multi-Layered, brand-new 360wrap
- Premium knit upper with water resistant technology for an athletic look and a soft, comfortable feel
- Updated bottom unit features new TPU top plate which wraps higher in the saddle and heel for increased stability and performance
- Torsion tunnel provides independent flexibility and control between the heel and forefoot while providing enhanced arch support and improved green friendliness
ADIDAS are known for their exquisite touch when it comes to sports footwear, and the ADIDAS Tour spiked golf shoes are here to back up the claims. Perfectly designed for golfing, this pair is capable of enhancing your performance in the field by providing you with the perfect stability. Additionally, the shoe has excellent arch support so that even if you have to hold your follow-through position after release, you can do it with style and confidence. ADIDAS Tour golf shoes have a classic design adding style to the most comfortable golfing shoes that you will ever come across. They are water-resistant and available in a wide variety of colors. The external outer sole is designed to offer maximum traction so that you stay firmly anchored on the ground while preparing to launch the golf ball.
- Water-resistant golf shoe featuring lace-up front and padded tongue/collar
- Spikeless outsole
A pair of Skechers Go spiked golf shoes will allow you to enjoy your favorite sport considering that they are capable of enhancing your performance. One of the main distinguishable features is they are designed to be durable, meaning that they will make you game enjoyable for long. With their soft-cushioned interior, your feet will get to transfer excess pressure allowing them to relax; therefore, you can focus better. They are waterproof, making them excellent all-weather golf shoes. Sketchers Go golf shoes have been worn by some of the famous golfers in the world. Although these shoes are rated as one of the best performers, they are not the most stable spiked golf shoes in the market.
Under Armour HOVR Drive
- Breathable, Clarino microfiber upper & a lightweight waterproof membrane keep you cool & dry
- Integrated lacing system for a locked in fit
- 100% waterproof UA Storm technology repels water without sacrificing breathability
- 2 Year Limited Waterproof Warranty
- New, lower profile UA Rotational Resistance (RST 2.0) & Softspike SIlver Tornado spikes for lockdown horizontal traction & all day comfort
A design driven by statistics and data, Under Armour HOVR Drive provides superior traction that is needed for the best performance. Like you’d expect from a company like Under Armour, these are what most golfers envision when they think of golf shoes. For golfers who want to enjoy the best comfort while golfing, it is good to know that Under Armour HOVR Drive has enhanced comfort thanks to the soft heel cap. Because your feet need to relax when you are playing, these golf shoes are designed with a spacious forefoot area. This also makes them breathable and universal to all feet sizes and shapes.
Golf shoes are expensive, but when you get to feel what they can do, you will realize that it is all worth it. Many golfers prefer spiked golf shoes, opposed to spikeless, because they offer good anchorage and keep your body in the right posture. As a golfer, you must get an original pair of spiked golfing shoes if you want to experience the best performance enhancement.