CrossFit is a physical training program that builds conditioning and strength through extremely varied and challenging workouts.
Every day the workout will be different, and it will test a different function strength of your body and conditioning while not specializing in any particular workout. The goal of CrossFit training is to build a body that is capable of doing everything.
CrossFit training is very different from typical gym training; you will not find typical machines in a CrossFit gym. You will need special gear that can withstand the high-intensive CrossFit workouts.
Over the past 10 years, the CrossFit style of training has grown in popularity as hybrid training results have become more apparent. CrossFit training involves box jumps, squats, deadlifts, rope climbs, and much more.
The workouts vary from day to day, which is why you need to have shoes that will allow you to make the different types of movements comfortably.
There is a variety of CrossFit shoes on the market. Now and then, big brands will come out with a new CrossFit shoe with improved tech that will ease the high-intensity workouts. You will therefore be required to have a piece of sufficient knowledge before making a purchase.
It can be overwhelming deciding which shoe to go with, so here is a list of the best CrossFit shoes on the market that will guide you in making your purchase.
The Best Shoes for CrossFit Training for Men
Here are some of the best shoes for CrossFit training for men on the market today:
1. Reebok Men’s Nano X Cross Trainer Running Shoes
- COMFORTABLE AND EXCEPTIONAL DESIGN: These Iconic training sneakers with Flexweave woven textile upper provide resilient stretch and targeted support at key performance areas for powerful maneuverability making them perfect for your training needs
- DURABLE AND STURDY MATERIAL: These cross trainer running shoes for men with lightweight EVA foam cushioning provide resilient performance, elevated stability, and comfort for agile fitness that keep you going all day long
- EFFICIENT FOOT SUPPORT: Feel the lightweight EVA foam cushioning, firm grip, and gliding transition with these symbolic gym hightops designed for phenomenal CrossFit and enduring functional fitness
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE SPORTS FOOTWEAR: These joggers for men are ideal for high intensity workouts, cardio, lifting sessions, climbing, and running like a ninja
Reebok’s Nano line of athletic footwear is well known for coming out with the market’s best workout shoes.
The Reebok Men’s Nano X Cross Trainer Running Shoes are designed to offer a lightweight feel while working out. The EVA midsole for great cushioning and a Flex weave upper for maximum agility and stability.
The shoes have a great grip that is ideal for all the movements and workouts required in CrossFit. These shoes come with high density and foam color and compression-molded midsole that enhance all the fitness functions.
- Ideal for multiple activities
- Multiple color options
- It comes with upgraded construction
- Provides great support during workout
- The fitting can be a bit small
- Some people find them a little too chunky for their liking
2. Puma Fuse Cross Trainer
- NEW LAST Providing a wider, stronger stance for improved performance. HIGH TENSILE MESH High tensile mesh built to withstand even the toughest workouts, abrasion, tension. HACKED DESIGN LANGUAGE Alternative bold branding with a backwards FS and mini FS detail in midsole upper
- Internal midsole for low to the ground shock absorption
- PUMAGrip HIGH TRACTION RUBBER Outsole
- Target gender: male
The PUMA brand is known for its high performance. The brand recently came out with the Puma Fuse Cross Trainers in January 2021, specially designed for a lifter and an athlete.
It has a 4mm drop that is great if you do not want a shoe with too much offset. It also helps with the many activities you will be required to do during CrossFit training.
The Puma Fuss Cross trainer has a wide toe designed that enhances your toes’ free movement and avoids toe cramping.
These shoes’ outer sole is made from PUMA grip technology with great gripping abilities and quick tractions. The TPU heel clip overs great support during physical activity as well.
It is recommended that you get a half size up since the Puma Fuse Cross Trainer has a smaller fitting than expected.
- It has a great style and design
- Perfect fit with a half size up
- The low drop, which is ideal for big lifts
- A wide toe box that allows natural foot movement
- Not great for wide feel
- You will have to break into it
- Limited colors available
3. Noble Men’s Training Shoes
- Run, climb, slide, grind, lift....these kicks have you covered. Lightweight, breathable and flexible protection that moves the way you do. Like a ninja.
- The upper of the Trainer features a seamless one-piece construction of SuperFabric, an extremely durable, breathable and abrasion resistant material.
- The SuperFabric guard plates are applied on a highly flexible mesh base layer, creating a 360 degree shield from zombies, rope climbs, and excuses.
- The outsole lug pattern was designed for multi-environment usage, allowing for an easy transition between inside and outside with the right blend of flexibility, traction and support.
- ✔ SIZE NOTE: The Trainer runs true to size. If you're between sizes we recommend ordering up .5 size.
The Noble Men’s Training Shoes are among the best brands used by professional athletes and really fit into the CrossFit style of training. These shoes are simple, functional, and have a great aesthetic and different color options that match the style.
The Noble Men’s Training Shoes are made with a durable material that is very breathable and will protect you against any injury.
They are lightweight and breathable, making them a great multifunctional shoe ideal for all the different training types CrossFit entails.
These shoes have an outsole lug pattern that allows for an exceptionally gripping and multi-surface changeover.
- It’s a multifunctional shoe
- Available in different colors
- Great aesthetic
- Ideal for CrossFit and intensive workout sessions
- Not ideal for maximal lifts
4. Inov 8 Mens F Lite 245 Cross-Training
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT - These sneakers are built using a lightweight mesh material so you can feel fast and free when you are running without any added weight, allowing you to move through your workouts with ease.
- SUPER BREATHABLE - The lightweight mesh material makes it feel like you are not wearing anything and help keep the feet fresh and cool during the hottest summer weather.
- STYLISH DESIGN - These stylish trainers are simply styled to work with all outfits and the knitted upper distinguishes the shoes from other cross trainers on the market.
- GENERAL PURPOSE SHOE - A super versatile shoe that looks attractive enough for general use and great as a minimalist workout and running shoe. One of the most runnable cross trainers there is out there.
The Inov 8 Men’s FLite 245 Cross Training shoes come in both the male and female versions.
This shoe is made of a synthetic and mesh material that is super breathable and lightweight which provides a great experience while working out in very hotter temperatures.
It comes in a very minimalistic design and is quite versatile for use for different purposes. The Inov 8 Men’s FLite 245 Cross-Training comes in different colors for both the men’s and women’s variants.
- Super lightweight
- Very breathable
- Great aesthetic
- It has a snug fit
- It fits as stated on the sizing chart
- Some people who find it runs a little small
5. Hoka One One Rincon
Hoka is a household name for most professional runners globally. Therefore, it doesn’t come as a surprise that the Hoka One One Rincon is among the best brands on the market for CrossFit trainers.
If your CrossFit sessions include some running, then this is the shoe for you. The Hoka One One Rincon shoe offers the right amount of cushioning for balance. The single layer mesh upper delivers enhanced breathability without any added weight and the padded collar has a heel-pull tab and a slim tongue.
You will also find a traditional lace-up closure for this training shoe and the full-compression EVA midsole offers balanced and responsive cushioning during any run or workout. These shoes offer a full-ground contact design with high-abrasion rubber zones that are strategically placed in order to reduce weight.
- Ideal for CrossFit workouts
- Great running shoe
- Super light and breathable
- Very comfortable
- Some people do not like the higher online price
6. Saucony Men’s Endorphin Speed
- SPEEDROLL Technology propels you forward with the feeling of continuous momentum, so you can run faster, not harder
- Full-length, semi-rigid nylon plate is more flexible than carbon fiber, making this shoe equally runnable for speed workouts or on race day
- PWRRUN PB, A PEBA-based superfoam, is our lightest, most springy performance cushioning ever
- FORMFIT hugs the foot in 3D comfort and delivers our most personalized fit yet
- Engineered mesh keeps the upper light and breathable
The Saucony Men’s Endorphin Speed is a favorite for runners and CrossFit trainers top-rated over the years on shopping platforms.
The Saucony Men’s Endorphin Speed is designed with “speed roll” technology that helps make running more effortless and intensive CrossFit workouts.
These shoes are also designed with the “FORM FIT” technology that hugs the foot to give a more comfortable experience.
The Saucony Men’s Endorphin Speed shoes are also designed with an XY-900 outsole that is ideal for gripping tough surfaces, which will make your workout easier.
- Quite breathable
- Secure fit design
- Ideal for CrossFit workouts
- There have been few complaints about its construction
7. WITHIN Men’s Minimalist Cross Trainer
- Anatomical shape provides natural comfort.
- Adaptive materials and minimalist construction.
- Zero drop from heel to toe for a natural stride.
- Our vegan friendly footwear uses 0% animal products.
- Note, if between sizes, order next size down.
The WITHIN Men’s Minimalist Cross-Trainer shoes have a barefoot-style that is unbeatable by any other type of trainer shoe.
The WITHIN model capitalizes on plenty of toe room being a zero-drop cross trainer so that you can feel the surface you are stepping on without having to feel constricted. You also have the option of removing the sock liner insole to get a better feel of the surface.
These shoes come at an affordable price point while compared to most of the shoes on this list. They also come in several colors which you can choose from.
You have to keep in mind that this type of shoe is not for everyone, especially if used to high cushioned shoes. You will require some time to get used to them.
- Ideal for minimalist
- They are vegan-friendly
- Great overall value for its price point
- Zero-drop design
- Different color options
- Great for minimalist
- Huge toe room
- It doesn’t have the best construction quality
- They have a large fit
8. Adidas Men S Adipower Weightlifting 2
- Weightlifting shoes built for legendary support
- Regular fit; Lace closure with hook-and-loop strap
- Woven textile upper provides durability
- Grippy rubber outsole; Reinforced forefoot and heel
- Strong TPU wedge midsole; Flexible forefoot; Padded rearfoot
The Adidas Men S Adipower Weightlifting 2 shoes are known to be the top pick for weightlifting. A huge part of CrossFit involves weight lifting, which is part of the reason it’s on this list.
The Adidas Men S Adipower Weightlifting 2 is the 2.0 version of the Adipower. This shoe comes with a reinforced forefoot, TPU midsole, and heel outsole that ensures maximum grip on the floor. These shoes also ensure that you will have a stable footing during deadlifts and squats.
The Adidas Men S Adipower Weightlifting 2 has a lacing system with a loop strap and hook, typical for a weightlifting shoe.
This is a great weight lifting shoe while being ideal for other different activities as well.
- Ideal for CrossFit training
- Great for weight lifting
- Add stability during weight lifting and squats
9. Nordic Lifting Weightlifting Shoes Ideal
- WEIGHTLIFTING SHOES - Engineered To Improve Lifting Performance - by Premium Brand Nordic Lifting
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Optimal for a well-rounded workout - Better CrossFit & Weightlifting Gains
- LONG-LASTING QUALITY - Built to last, even under immense stress. Our warranty backs it up
- HEEL SUPPORT - Cross trainer shoe with specially designed heel for both lifting and cardio stability
- INCLUDED - 1 x Pair of VENJA Weightlifting Shoes, 1 x Premium Box - 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
The Nordic Lifting Weightlifting Shoes Ideal make a great option if you are looking for weight lifting shoes. Most of CrossFit involves you having to do deadlifts. It is a great option if you are planning to do any resistance training.
The Nordic Lifting Weightlifting Shoes Ideal has Velcro secure straps that help secure the foot down while lifting. It is also flexible with the stable anti-slip sole that helps with maximum grip. The Nordic Lifting Weightlifting Shoes Ideal are also secured with lacing.
They are aesthetically pleasing as well.
- Support different types of training
- Ideal for heavy lifting, short runs, and resistance activities
- Great aesthetics
- It fits true to size
- It comes in limited color options
- Not ideal for long runs
10. Adidas Men’s Powerlift 4
- Weightlifting shoes designed for serious lifters
- Narrow, snug fit; Lightweight, locked-down feel
- Canvas upper for soft comfort and durability
- Lace closure with a hook-and-loop strap; Open forefoot and flexible toe design
- Adiwear outsole offers the ultimate in high-wear durability; Heel height (shoe plus insole height): 28 mm (size 9)
The Adidas Men’s Powerlift 4 is one of the most popular and best lifting shoes on the market. It provides great support during powerlifting and weightlifting.
The shoes fit too snug and are ideal for narrow feet. The Adidas Men’s Powerlift 4 comes with a hook and strap system that ensures that the feet are well on the ground.
The Adidas Men’s Powerlift 4 Adiwear outsole ensures that the feet are stable on the ground and gripping tightly onto the surface and provides stability for the squats and the clean and jerk variations.
- Designed for lifting
- Ideal for CrossFit training
- Has secure loop and hook straps and laces
- Offers maximum grip while working out
- Not ideal for wide feet
- Some people find the shoe too tight
11. Under Armour Men’s Tribase Reign 2 0
- UA TriBase in the outsole maximizes ground contact where your foot needs it the most, allows for superior upwards flexibility to promote natural motion, & downwards flexibility to grip the ground during lifts
- Larger external heel counter & collar height for increased stability & heel lock-in
- Engineered zonal flex & traction in the forefoot allows for greater mobility during short runs & added grip during planks & sled pushes
- Full-length Micro G foam midsole for the ultimate in responsive cushioning
- Full-rubber outsole wraps up the lateral & medial sides for greater durability & added abrasion resistance with medial rope grip
If under Armour is the brand of your choice, here you go. Under Armour is among the top brands in the fitness industry. It is a strong competitor with other big brands because of its versatility options that perform very well on different platforms.
The Under Armour Men’s Tribase Reign 2 0 offers a great footing for all your workout sessions. This shoe has a superior “Tribase” outsole that helps maximize foot movement on most training surfaces.
These shoes also come with a “Micro G” foam midsole designed to optimize responsiveness when performing fast-paced activities.
The Under Armour Men’s Tribase Reign 2 0 is a superior cross trainer that will be a great addition to your CrossFit routine.
- Has a secure design
- It has a great aesthetic
- Ideal for CrossFit training
- Too tight and not ideal for wide feet
12. Nike Metcon 5
- Durable rubber wraps up the shoe to deliver abrasion resistant traction while climbing rope and speed while sliding down
- Wide, low flat heel features a 8mm removable Hyperlift insert that adds offset and stability for squats, wall balls and thrusters
- Hyperlift insert is compatible with all prior versions of the Metcon
- Foam is firmer under the heel for a secure feel, and soft forefoot cushioning for high-impact moves
- TPU heel clip provides stability for lateral movements
This list cannot be complete without having the Nike Metcon 5 on here. These are the most popular workout shoes used today.
The Nike Metcon 5 shoes have the same great features that are in the Metcon line. This shoe is popular among CrossFit trainers because of its ability to support the feet during high-intensity workouts.
It has a flat wide base that ensures proper stability when lifting and offers great grip during any activity that will require a firm footing, such as rope climbing.
- Ideal for CrossFit training
- Great for lifting and high-intensity workouts
- Great aesthetics
- It comes in cool colors
- Not ideal for running
- Not ideal for people with wide feet
13. Asics JB Elite IV Wrestling Shoes
- Lace-up closure provides a custom fit
- Breathable mesh uppers in a supportive, hi-top silhouette
- Synthetic overlay throughout upper provides added durability in high-stress areas
- Take the mat with the Jordan Burroughs signature wresting shoe: the ASICS JB Elite IV
Finally, we have the Asics JB Elite IV Wrestling Shoes known to be one of the best multifunctional shoes in this category. The Asics JB Elite IV Wrestling Shoes is ideal for running and performing high-intensity workouts with CrossFit training.
This shoe is designed for wrestling; therefore, it performs exceptionally well on the mat, and you can weight train and deadlift quite well.
It is a best-selling shoe because of its functionality. It has a flat-to-the-ground design that makes it ideal for different high-intensity activities at the gym. The shoe is quite countable while moving around and making contact with the ground.
The Asics JB Elite IV Wrestling Shoes are quite durable and comfortable to wear during long CrossFit sessions.
- Ideal for CrossFit training
- Ideal for different high-intensity activities
- Supportive shoe
- Very flexible
- Some people complain that the shoe runs small
- Some complaints in the construction quality
What Features to Look for in A CrossFit Shoe
There are very many options to choose from when getting a CrossFit shoe. You have to be aware of the different things you need to look out for before purchasing. Before choosing a CrossFit workout shoe, you need to get a specifically designed shoe for CrossFit.
Here are the features you must look out for when getting a CrossFit shoe:
Type of Insoles
Insoles are part of the inside part of the shoe. The shoe must be cushioned well to make sure that you are comfortable. Insoles will provide extra support, especially during high-impact exercises.
Get shoes with an insole with the proper arch support that suits your foot’s shape to make sure that it doesn’t become fatigued or injured while working out.
Besides looking at the shoe’s length, it would be best to consider the arch width, the toe box width, and the overall shoe width. They all need to match your foot to keep you well supported throughout your CrossFit workout.
Before buying, make sure you understand the type of shoe you get.
For CrossFit workouts, you will be required to make many movements, hence why you will need a shoe that will remain flexible all through your workout.
A flexible shoe will ensure that you have freedom of movement all through your workout session.
While buying a CrossFit shoe, look for a shoe with a breathable and flexible material on the upper side of your shoe. The material will also need to be durable to handle all the intensive workouts that you will need to take part in.
You also need to consider the sole material that will allow maximum traction to ensure that you are stable during the sprints and deadlifts.
You will find that CrossFit workouts are quite versatile and can be performed during any weather and anywhere. It is versatile to get cross-fit shoes that are waterproof to stay protected from the rain or puddles.
It would be best if you also had shoes that will keep the sweat out while working out.
There are so many shoes on the market that you could wear while CrossFit training that it’s impossible to include them all, but the list above includes some of the best quality shoes you could buy. We are confident that you will find a shoe that matches your needs as well as the amount of money you are willing to spend.
Last update on 2021-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API