One of the most annoying parts about running is putting on your shoes which can be irritatingly time-consuming when you just want to get out the door as quickly as possible. This is the appeal of slip on running shoes since they are a huge time saver and maximize convenience more than any other shoe you can buy.
Slip on running shoes are also known to be extremely comfortable and easily adjustable when compared to some other sturdier models. They also tend to offer more ventilation and airflow into the shoes. Slip on shoes are a particularly good option when it gets hot because they are best worn with shorts and swim trunks.
It is sometimes difficult to find slip on running shoes that also come with high-end specs to complement their perks of convenience. A lot of slip on shoes are not made with heavy-duty running in mind and instead are designed for walking, light jogging, and fashion.
When serious runners do choose slip on shoes, they tend to go for high-end athletic sneakers that are either no lace or quick lace. This either involves a twist-dial setup called a BOA which you may have seen on helmets, or a pull-cord that you can secure with one quick tug. As such, this list will include a mixture of both traditional slip on shoes used for aerobic walks or light jogs, and some no-lace sneakers used for more intense running sessions.
1. Feethit Womens Slip On Walking Shoes Non Slip Running Shoes Breathable Lightweight Gym Sneakers
- Lightweight and Breathable Upper: Women sneaker mesh upper with good breathability and flexibility makes the foot more free and comfortable.
- Comfy Liner: Removable and soft insole supports the feet arches and it doesn't put too much pressure on your feet.
- Slip Resistant Outsole: The soft sole is made from durable and EVA outsole, which provides the user with the enough buffer between feet and ground.
- Basic and Fashionable: The women walking shoe comes in black and white, each constructed with a high quality material, brings a vintage aesthetic, with an undeniably classy feel.
- Occasions: This fashion sneakers for women are perfect for walking, running, workout, nursing, athletic, sports, jogging, gym, tennis, bike riding, hiking, schools, office, casual outfit and go with jeans, leggings, denims, skirts, shorts, dresses and etc.
This Feethit option is one of the more durable slip-on shoes on the market with a simple but sturdy structure. Its lacing helps reinforce the shoe’s stability and the extended shoe tongue design is very simple but durable. It has a reliably comfortable EVA outsole made of stretchable rubber that hugs your foot while also allowing for ample motion.
It has great ventilation due to its knitted mesh upper that is both lightweight and designed with airflow in mind to avoid heat absorption. It also has a detachable insole that provides support for the arch of your heel and does not put a heavy strain on any part of your feet.
These shoes come in traditional matching colors and are best worn in either black or white. These shoes are a great choice for the gym, work, running, tennis, or any other physical activity.
2. New Balance Men’s 1500 V4 Boa Running Shoes
- REVlite Midsole
- Fantom Fit
- Removable insert
- BOA Fit System on M1500BB4
Instead of shoelaces, these slip-on runners have BOAs on the sides that you can use to crank down or tighten them like you would a snowboarding helmet. This can be a huge relief if you want to adjust your laces quickly mid-run rather than get down and tie them up again like you would with most running shoes.
In place of the conventional padded tongues, they also have built-in removable booties surrounding the ankle which allows for a smoother opening. The midsoles are generally made with Revlite, which is a foam material that provides you with great shock absorption and ample cushioning. The foam is also lightweight and flexible. The sturdy rubber outsoles have quality grip patterns.
They are available in sizes 7 to 15 and have both regular and wider width options. It is a good idea to buy a half size bigger than your normal size since they tend to run a little small.
3. Adidas Outdoor Men’s Terrex Agravic BOA Trail Shoes
- Micro-adjustable dial lace system
- Textile upper with abrasion-resistant weldings
- Textile upper with abrasion-resistant weldings
- Boost midsole
- Textile lining and moulded sockliner
These shoes are made for trail running and are one of the few trail runners that have a no-lace set-up. As trail runners, they tend to provide you with more grip and traction so you will be able to traverse rougher terrain. Like the New Balance option above, they are also equipped with a BOA twist-dial setup that you can both secure and remove in a jiffy. This allows you to easily adjust the fit and has handy heel loops that make them easier to slide on before you run out the door.
These shoes are also equipped with high-end midsole cushioning that provides you with both comfort and sufficient shock absorption. The rubber outsoles are also rough and rugged, built for tougher surfaces.
They are available in sizes 6 to 15.
4. Feetmat Men’s Slip On Running Gym Shoes
- Laceless--Slip on style makes shoes easily to put on.
- Breathable-- All mesh knitted upper material
- Non Slip Sole -- Rubber soles in high elasticity featuring slip-resistant texture
- Lightweight -- Ultra lightweight shoes provide comfotable and easy walking experience
- Occasions-- Be suitable for running, walking, gym, athletic, workout, fitness and etc.
These Feetmat slip-ons come with stretch knits and stretch straps which make them flexible for a wide array of exercises. They are also very light and come with ventilated mesh uppers that adjust to your foot’s movement to maximize comfort and cut back on skin irritation. Their ventilation also means that these shoes are less prone to heat absorption, so they rarely accumulate bad odors.
They have elastic outsoles that bend easily but also adapt to the lower sole for increased stability. These shoes are sturdy and have an arched insole that gives your midfoot some support while you slip them on.
These shoes are incredibly versatile and can be used for aerobic walking, indoor exercise, sports, or flat terrain hiking.
5. Mishansha Women’s Running Walking Shoes Breathable Air Cushion Sneakers
- Breathable & Comfortable Upper: The upper is made of breathable and lightweight knitted material, which has strong wrapping and won't be stuffy during long-time exercise, giving you a different comfortable experience.
- Different Inner Lining: The soft sponge inner reduces the friction between feet and sneakers, and takes care of your skin. (Note: Every pair of these womens running shoes are equipped with a pair of arch support insoles, this is a gift), this arch support insole maintains the correct foot positioning, enhances comfort, and has excellent shock absorption and pain relief effects to provide moderate control and support.
- Shock-Absorbing Air Cushion: The design of double air cushion increases the elasticity and plays the role of cushioning. Can protect the knees and feet to a greater extent.
- Non-Slip & Durable Sole: The rubber sole is wear-resistant and durable, and the sole is affixed with an Oxford patch to increase friction, and the anti-skid function is powerful.
- Perfect For: running, walking, working, weight training, park, boating, cycling, jogging, garden, lawn, equestrian, basketball, rowing, athletics, tennis, volleyball, football, driving and yoga. Casual daily shoes which can bring more enjoy to your life.
These slip-ons are a bit different than some of the other shoes as they have a sponge interior lining in place of the traditional mesh lining. This sponge interior helps to minimize friction between the foot and the sneakers and protects you from skin irritation. These shoes also come with an arch assist insole which helps your foot maintain proper positioning and offers great shock absorption for optimal stability.
The Mishansha runners also come with a durable non-slip rubber outsole that is not particularly susceptible to wear and tear. It also has an anti-skid setup that creates enough friction to avoid any slippage.
Like some of the other shoes listed here, these are incredibly lightweight and ventilated offering steady airflow for your feet while still offering you that snug feel.
These shoes are perfect for short walks, working out, biking, jogging, outdoor sports, indoor sports, and most other activities in your daily life.
6. TSLA Men’s Lightweight Sports Running Shoes
- TSLA Performance Lifestyle Shoes are geared for various indoor & outdoor activities
- Alert : True to size ! Recommend ordering usual shoe size* ex: usual size MEN 7 (D) > MEN 7(D)
- 0.5 size up for Customer's with very wide feet. ex: usual size MEN 7(4E) > MEN 7.5(D)
- Hexavent Premium Insoles for added extra cushioning and comfort
- Extremely lightweight form fitting construction
If you are looking to enjoy some light running, these athletic sneakers are easy to slide on and comfortable. They are made with a flexible knit material and dual-vent mesh that offers ventilation but still has a sturdy structure. You can slip them on by pulling a little tab on the end and slip them off by pulling the same tab. The soles are also bendy but also offer sufficient traction.
These shoes offer ample shock absorption and cushioning to make sure your feet do not tire out on your run. These are also not as susceptible to wear and tear so you should check them out.
7. Salomon Sense Ride Women’s running shoes
- Road-running inspiration: enjoy a more comfortable ride With extra cushioning, An optimized midsole featuring optivibe vibration-reduction and decoupling
- Active comfort: active, homogenous comfort with a soft upper and just the right amount of protection
- All terrain-grip: the full rubber Contagrip outsole offers premium traction, while Profeel film protects your feet from sharp objects on the trail
Unlike the BOA system that is usually associated with slip-on shoes, these women’s trail runners have pull-cord laces that you just have to tug to tighten. This quick lace setup provides you with the convenience of a slip on but the specs of high-end trail running shoes. They have nice air mesh material which is well ventilated to avoid heat absorption and are built with a special film that adjusts to your foot every time it moves to offer optimal support. In addition to comfort, these shoes come with up-to-date shock absorption technology and are built with wet traction capabilities that come in handy on damp surfaces.
These shoes also take very little time to break in and the laces never come undone while you run.
They are available in sizes 6.5 to 12.
8. New Balance Women’s FuelCore Sonic V2
- 6 mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 6 mm drop are approximate
- Bootie upper construction hugs your foot for a snug, supportive fit
- FuelCore uses a combination of foam densities. One maintains underfoot cushioning while the second adds a quickness to your step.
- REVlite midsole delivers incredibly lightweight cushioning
- Synthetic/mesh upper
These are another slip-on model by New Balance, but this time made for women. These runners have easy-glide booties that you can simply slide on and BOAs that connect tightly together and are easily adjustable based on your personal preference. These shoes also have Revlite foam near the midsoles which makes them both flexible and durable. Their rubber outsoles provide you with some great tread and are incredibly comfortable.
Most people who wear them say that they are extremely comfortable the first time you wear them out of the box. They also come with a sleek stylish aesthetic with 5 color options to choose from. They are available in sizes 5 to 12 and come in both regular or wide widths.
9. Adidas Ultima Fusion Sneakers
- Women's-specific fit; Slip-on construction
- Mesh upper for breathability
- Sock-like construction hugs the foot
- Combined Cloudfoam midsole and outsole for step-in comfort and superior cushioning
- Cloudfoam memory sockliner molds to the foot for superior step-in comfort
These are comfortable slip ons that you can wear during any workout. This sock-shaped Adidas model provides great ventilation that allows your feet to breathe and stay cool. Most buyers also enjoy these shoes for their comfort factor, which is top tier for this model.
Contrary to what you may believe, these shoes are great for running despite the no-lace style and simple setup. They are versatile, have sturdy shock absorption, and are easy to take off.
Their Cloudfoam midsole also provides sufficient cushioning which is not only comfortable but helps keep your foot in place. Many buyers also viewed this as a great stylish option with a clean look.
When you are looking to buy slip on running shoes you should consider some key factors; the first being comfort. If they are not comfortable, then the convenience of putting them on is nullified.
To determine whether they are comfortable, you should look at the insole specs, the material used to line the outsole, the ventilation, arch support, and the cushioning around your foot.
Additionally, lighter weight and flexibility are two specs you must look out for when purchasing slip on shoes because they will make or break your experience with them. These details will be key in determining just how comfortable your shoes will be.
Another key point is to look at its durability and shock absorption. Both play a fundamental role in making sure your foot lands cleanly during a run, on hard surfaces and also make sure your shoes do not wear too quickly because of flimsy material.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is a slip on shoe?
Slip-on shoes are generally no-lace shoes. Traditionally, one would associate them with more of a loafer style. However, there are now many slip on running and walking shoes available on the market.
Why do people wear slip on shoes?
There are many appeals when it comes to slip-on shoes but a major one is convenience. On runs, it often helps to be able to quickly adjust your shoe’s tightness without having to stop, untie, and retie them. Slip on shoes are also renowned for their sleek aesthetic and have become quite popular style staples.
Do I wear socks with slip on shoes?
For most slip on shoes, socks are not a necessity. However, when it comes to shoes meant for running it is probably best to still wear socks with them.
When you get down to it, the fundamental benefit of slip on shoes is comfort, but many of the shoes listed here are also incredibly sturdy and durable with many other beneficial features. A slip on shoe may not just be for your light walk, but now could be an option for light running or even harder trail runs.
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API