In sports such as volleyball, basketball, tennis, and rope jumping there is a lot of jumping involved throughout the game. This means without the proper footwear designed for these types of sports and movements, your feet will likely be sore afterward, and you potentially won’t be able to jump as high. You will need a good-quality jumping shoe that is made to give your feet and legs the necessary support and cushioning to help maximize your jump if you play regularly.
Many athletes who play volleyball or basketball wear a jump training shoe specifically made for that sport. Since these sports use the same core movements including jumping and pivoting, a lot of volleyball players will wear basketball sneakers and vice versa.
They are built to keep your arch and ankle supported during all the constant running and jumping. Most are made so they sit higher up on your ankle for this exact reason. If you do play a sport or workout often and don’t invest in the correct jump shoe, then you could risk causing severe muscle and joint damage in your feet and ankles in the long run.
Today we are going to go over some of the best shoes for jumping in sports such as basketball or volleyball. They are arguably the most important part of your sports attire, so there are a lot of options available on the market. This can be overwhelming if you don’t know what to look for, so we are here to help.
We will compare and contrast different brands, features, comfort levels, and prices to help make your shopping experience a little easier. We will also indicate if each is a designated volleyball or basketball shoe, however, both can be used for either sport depending on your preference.
1. adidas Men’s Pro Bounce 2019 Basketball Shoe
- Men's B-ball shoes built to move with you, with a regular fit and a responsive feel
- SUPPORTIVE UPPER: Textile upper with lace closure and molded, padded ankle collar
- LATERAL MOVEMENT: Banking barrier for lateral stability
- BOUNCE: Lightweight Bounce cushioning provides enhanced comfort and flexibility
- FLEXIBLE AND STABLE: Zonal herringbone-pattern rubber outsole with anatomical flex grooves
The first jump training shoe on our list is the Men’s Pro Bounce 2019 Basketball Shoe by adidas. This shoe is great for high-intensity sports that include a lot of jumping since they are designed specifically for basketball. They are stable and flexible to move with the movement and angles of your feet and body.
They have a “zonal herringbone-pattern rubber outsole with anatomical flex grooves,” which creates an anti-slip sole perfect for quick turns and pivots.
These shoes also come equipped with a “banking barrier for lateral stability” and the bounce cushioning makes them comfortable to wear for long periods on the court. The top of the shoe is padded and measures approximately 6 to 12 inches from the arch, which provides extra support and comfort. You can find this shoe on Amazon US for under $200 in two different color schemes.
- Built with bounce cushioning for extra comfort and more lift
- Made with a specially designed rubber outsole that are anti-slip
- A more expensive option
2. LI-NING Power VII Men Professional Basketball Shoes
- The upper is made of whole-woven material that extends and covers the ankle for protection, giving comfortable wearing exeperience. The TPU in the sides could offer support while playing the basketball.
- SHOE SOLE: The outsole is made of rubber-bonded EVA, which is wearable and non-slippery. The upper pattern design, fashionable and versatile.
- LI-NING CLOUD: The shock absorption basketball shoes, using CLOUD cushioning technology, full-length application of unique Li Ning polymer material formula in full-length midsole allows effective storage and release of energy while cshioning rhe impact to form an effcient energy cycling system. It has soft and lightweight.characteristics. It help reduce external impacts and improve sports performance.
- PROTECTION ABILITY: High top shoe design fits your foot better and protect your ankle from sport injury. Anti-collision toe also can protect your foot and avoid injury when in sports.Wearable EVA and rubber outsole and glooves improve grip ability and make anti-slippery.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Brand New and 100% Authentic, you could check the authenticity of the product by scan QR code inside of the shoes.
Next up is this shoe from the brand LI-NING. It is the Power VII professional basketball shoe. These shoes were made with jumping in mind. They are shock absorption shoes made from LI-NING’s unique polymer material which is supposed to help with the release of energy.
This specifically formulated synthetic leather material is also high rebound and compression-resistant, which provides extra cushioning and a more resilient midsole that can help reduce energy loss during the game.
The toe box is made of a breathable and lightweight woven mesh, along with an anti-skid design outsole. A unique feature of these shoes is they have a QR code you can scan on the inside of the shoes to validate authenticity. You can find this shoe in tons of different colors for under $150 on Amazon US.
- Made with special shock absorption polymer material
- A high rebound and compression-resistant material, great midsole cushioning when jumping and landing
- Anti-skid outsole
- Only designed for men
3. Under Armour Women’s Highlight Ace 2.0 Volleyball Shoe
- Lightweight, fully knit upper provides flexible support & complete comfort
- Mesh details in forefoot for added breathability
- Extended ankle collar is super stretchy for easy on/off with excellent retention for extra support & control
- Webbed, lockdown lacing system for increased stability & a customized fit
- Breathable mesh tongue features woven wordmark tab detail
This next jump training shoe is from Under Armour, and it is the women’s Highlight Ace 2.0 volleyball shoe. They are lightweight with a fully knit upper that provides extra flexibility and ankle support. They are easy to slide on and off and the mesh details at the front of the shoe add a breathability factor.
The “full-length charged cushioning midsole” helps absorb impact and creates more support for all those high jumps. They are also very comfortable as they have a molded liner that mimics your foot shape for the best possible fit. The “full rubber herringbone traction pattern” creates an anti-slip rubber outsole that is ideal for basketball, volleyball, and more. You can find this shoe on Amazon US for under $100, and it is available in seven different colors.
- Good quality and affordable
- Comes with a molded liner for the perfect fit
- Anti-slip rubber outsole
- We can’t seem to find any cons about this product!
4. Mizuno Women’s Wave Momentum Volleyball Shoe
- 3-Layer No Sew Upper: For an overall incredible fit and feel
- Booty Construction: Located inside the shoe to provide a soft and secure fit
- Mizuno Wave: The Mizuno Wave plate disperses energy from impact to a broader area providing a stable platform and a superior cushioning
- Dura Shield: Protects toe from the damage of friction to the floor
- XG Rubber: Extra grade rubber. High traction (grip) to the floor
This athletic shoe is also a women’s style from the brand Mizuno. The high-grade rubber sole provides great traction when out on the court. The toe box is built with a dura shield for extra protection against any friction on the floor when running or jumping. It is made with a 3-layer, no-sew upper which creates a comfortable fit that you can wear for hours.
One of the special features of this shoe is that it has Mizuno’s built-in wave technology that helps provide extra support for lots of jumping. “The Mizuno Wave plate disperses energy from impact to a broader area providing a stable platform and a superior cushioning.” You can purchase these shoes from Amazon US in 5 different colors for under $150.
- Built with Mizuno wave plate for extra support and durability
- The toe box has a dura shield for protection against friction when running and jumping
- High-grade rubber outsole for added traction
- Does not have high-padded ankle support
5. DUORO Men’s Running Shoes
- 【Free Running & Free Speed】: Elastic and breathable mesh upper with softness and excellent flexiblity, ensures your feet fit closely and feel more freedom, allowing to move the way they were meant to, to enjoy the unparalleled pleasure of free running, bring new speed feeling to you .
- 【Special Sole design】:Non-slip sole with blade design give your full powerful support and comfort for your feet . Arch support insole gives the midfoot the best support when you move. Provide adequate protection for your free running.
- 【Light-Weight & Breathable】: Fashion mesh upper for ultra-lightweight support and breathability can maximizes the upper surface,let your foot always keeps dry and cool. The breath holes all around the vamp help your feet take a deep max breath.
- 【WEAR RESISTANCE & PROTECT ANKLE】: The rubbe with high-density cushioning outsole protects the feet from sharp but also reducing the risk of your ankles' sprain. And the fashion and unique design, it's perfect choice to pair with any occasion: casual, walking, running, training, indoor, sports, outdoor, travel, exercise, workout and so on. It's very easy to choose the right clothes to match.
- 【PRIORITY】: In DUORO, you're taking no risk with product quality problem. We offer 100% no risk money-back guarantee if you're not thrilled with product quality problem for any reasons. Just tell us and we will do our best to give you the most satisfactory solution. Worry-free fulfilling service for you-pls email us if there is any problem.
The next trainer shoe on our list is from the brand DUORO and it is a men’s running shoe. This shoe is made out of a lightweight and breathable mesh upper that is comfortable and fits your foot nicely. They are sometimes branded as tennis shoes, which is another sport that involves a lot of pivoting, quick movements, and thus the proper footwear.
Even though they are lightweight, they provide support through their high-density cushioning outsole and arch support insole which is great for flat feet.
Since they are made of cotton and mesh, they are great for outdoor sports and they also help with shock absorption, which is ideal for lots of running and jumping. You can find these shoes in over 10 colors on Amazon US for an extremely affordable price of under $50.
- Very breathable and lightweight for quick movements
- Provide support with arch insole and cushioning outsole
- Does not have high ankle support
- Not a lot of toe or foot protection
6. adidas Performance Men’s Crazy Bounce Basketball Shoes
- TPU plate in the midsole helps stabilise quick cuts
- BOUNCE absorbs impact as you run the floor
- Combination of textile and mesh offering lightweight comfort
- Rubber outsole
- Padded collar and tongue which delivers step-in comfort
Last on our list is the Performance Men’s Crazy Bounce basketball shoe from adidas. These shoes were built with comfort and jumping in mind, as they are made with BOUNCE which provides responsive cushioning and helps with shock absorption and impact when jumping and running. Both the collar and tongue of the shoe are padded to provide comfort and support for hours.
These shoes are made with a TPU plate inside which assists in quick movements and pivots making them ideal for basketball or volleyball. They have a rubber sole, but it is unclear how well the anti-slip properties perform. Made of a combination of mesh and textile materials, these shoes provide extra comfort and breathability. No more sweaty feet for the entire game!
You can find these shoes on Amazon US for under $100.
- Built with BOUNCE to help absorb shock and impact while running and jumping
- Made out of mesh and textile materials to help with support but also ensures breathability
- Does not state if the rubber sole is anti-slip which is important in basketball, volleyball, and more
Now that we have examined some of the best shoes for jumping in basketball, volleyball, tennis, and even rope jumping, let’s go over a few important things you should look for when choosing the best shoe for yourself.
The first and most obvious is the need for comfort. You will be wearing these shoes during high-intensity games and for long periods, so you need to feel comfortable on your feet. This can depend on the style or material of the shoe. Perhaps you want a partly mesh shoe for extra breathability or you need to have a shoe that measures higher than your ankle. Wearing uncomfortable shoes is an easy way to throw off your game.
Support, Insole and Outsole
Next, you will want to think about the support the shoe will give you. This will mostly come from the insole and outsole, so consider what they are made of and how durable they will be when running and jumping a lot. You should look for shoes with extra cushioning for better impact protection, and an anti-slip and skid tread pattern since these sports require lots of quick movements and pivoting on your feet.
Type of Sports Shoes
You will have noticed that most of these shoes are targeted toward a specific sport, either volleyball, basketball, or tennis. However, if they cover the previous factors and are within your price range, either exercise shoe can be worn for multiple sports. Some are even suitable as a cross training shoe with all the jumping involved in that type of workout. Most shoes are also made for either men or women, so it is important to note who they are designed for to ensure the best possible fit.
Lastly, you will need to consider your available budget. Depending on the brand, most shoes that are made for sports with a lot of jumping are quite expensive. A few on our list are over $100, however; some we looked at are under that price. Your investment decision should consider how much you are going to wear them. If you play sports every day, we recommend investing in something good quality that will last.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Are there any big differences between basketball and volleyball shoes?
A: Not really. A lot of basketball shoes are high-tops and volleyball shoes provide a lot of options that are regular height and high-tops. Both are made with support and durability in mind.
Q: Do I need to wear these shoes, or can I wear a regular workout shoe or running shoe?
A: You don’t need to wear designated volleyball or basketball shoes, however; we highly recommend it over a gym shoe. They will help increase your performance (especially when jumping) and provide the necessary support you need while playing these high-intensity sports or skipping rope.
Q: Why can I wear volleyball shoes for basketball and vice versa?
A: Since the two sports involve similar body movements, both shoes can be worn for either sport. If you find a pair of basketball shoes you love but are a volleyball player, they will still provide the same support you need.
In conclusion, wearing the proper footwear for an intense jumping sport, rope exercises, or a workout is important for many reasons. Having a good pair of shoes designed just for that sport can improve your performance, provide the necessary support, and help prevent injuries, joint pain, or plantar fasciitis in the future.
A nice bonus about sports that require a lot of jumping like volleyball, basketball, or rope jumping is that you can wear either sneaker for either sport since they are both built for support and quick movements. There are a lot of good options available on the market and depending on what features are important to you and hopefully we’ve helped lead you in the right direction to the right shoe for your lifestyle.
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API