Some of the most important steps to remain healthy and strong in life is to follow a properly balanced diet, always stay hydrated, and exercise regularly. However, sometimes athletes have to go above and beyond this baseline to ensure their bodies are in peak condition. To maintain and enhance their physique, some athletes turn to supplements. These supplements can help improve endurance and strength, make exercise more efficient and tolerable, and help you reach your exercise goals more quickly.
Before adding any type of supplement to your diet, it’s essential to consult your doctor first. Physicians are able to get accurate readings of your blood work to let you know if there are any deficiencies you should be aware of and how to combat them. They can also help you figure out if any medication you’re on could react negatively with the supplements you intend to take.
All information and products compiled in this list are based on scientific research and cross-referenced with this list from the National Institutes of Health. Additionally, any results from additional dietary supplements will vary per person. Everyone’s body reacts to things differently, especially depending on the way you work out. The level of training (type, intensity, duration, and environmental conditions) will all impact how successful any dietary supplement is for an athlete.
The Best Supplements for Athletes
The supplements included are a mixture of both vitamins and supplement additives. Both types of supplements have shown some capacity to aid and enhance different types of workouts. All items on this list should be used in their recommended dosage to avoid any adverse side effects as much as possible.
- More Potent Source Of B-Complex Vitamins - Our extra strength formula contains all the essential B Vitamins in just one capsule. If you'd rather take your B Vitamins (like B 12 & 6) together in one convenient capsule, look no further! Divine Bounty offers one of the most potent Vitamin B-Complex formulas available.
- Best Value For Money - Not only do we offer a high potency formula, each bottle contains 90 B Complex capsules, making it one of the best value vitamin B supplements available. The B-complex group are water-soluble vitamins, not easily stored in the body and thus need to be replenished frequently. Most comparable brands offer less capsules or a lower potency formula. With more capsules per bottle and superior potency per capsule, Divine Bounty is great value for money.
- Highest Quality Ingredients - Our formula is made up of only pure ingredients with no harmful additives. Simply the full B-Complex plus the combo of Inositol and Choline, two naturally occurring close cousins to the B Vitamin family. Our capsules are non GMO, soy free, gluten free and have no preservatives, stearates, silicone dioxide or artificial ingredients. A pure, clean formula.
- Daily B Complex Vitamins - Our bodies use B vitamins every day, and while diet is always the best way to get these essential vitamins, it’s not always possible to get enough of all 8 b vitamins from food alone. Use the Divine Bounty B Complex formula to supplement any deficiencies. Also sometimes called Super B, Stress B Complex, or B-100, it can also be taken as powder, tablets, pills, or soft gel caps.
- A Supplement You Can Take With Confidence - Divine Bounty is proudly made in the USA in an inspected facility. We stand behind our Vitamin B complex supplements and are proud to have the best formula on the market. If it doesn't work for you, let us know. We care about your results. EAN: 9506000122304 09506000122304
B-vitamins are imperative for the body to function correctly. They aid in our metabolism by breaking down carbohydrates, fats, and proteins to release energy for our bodies to use. Female athletes are especially prone to vitamin B-12, B-6, and Niacin deficiencies. Because B-vitamins are primarily found in animal products, vegetarian and vegan athletes also need to make sure they’re getting enough of this vitamin in their diets.
You may have got a B-12 deficiency if you’re prone to feeling tired and weak, but you should consult your doctor before adding this vitamin to your diet. If you’re already getting enough vitamin B in your diet, there’s no reason to add the extra supplement to your routine.
- NATURAL - No Banned Or Illegal Substances. 100% Legal Performance Enhancer.
- BENEFITS - Improves Time to Exhaustion, Muscle Growth, & Increased Strength.
- FULL PHYSIQUE - Our Innovative Blend Maximizes Performance And Absorption.
- POST WORKOUT RECOVERY - Recharge And Enhance Muscle Recovery & Growth After Intense Workout Sessions.
- IMPROVED - Up to 60% more Solubility And Absorption Compared To Creatine Monohydrate. Up to 17.6% increase in peak power output in only 7 days!
Bodybuilders and strength trainers are known to add this nutritional aid to their diet to enhance their sports performance. While this substance is naturally found in red meat and seafood, it’s not uncommon to add more to your diet in a supplement. When combined with strength training, this supplement can help increase muscle mass and improve muscular strength.
Creatine is excellent for those who work out in short, high-intensity bursts, like weightlifting or sprinting. It is not made for endurance sports, so if you want to improve your endurance abilities, this is not the supplement for you. Always make sure to use creatine in its proper dosage and be wary of possible side effects like diarrhea, nausea, and cramps.
- DIGESTIVE SUPPORT*: Formulated with 648 mg betaine HCI to support proper digestive conditions in the stomach*
- VEGETARIAN FORMULA: Uses a vegetarian acid-stable protease
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Soy Free, Non-GMO, Vegan, Nut Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Halal, Keto Friendly
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
If you’re skeptical about adding straight creatine to your diet, don’t worry. Consuming betaine increases creatine production, so you get some of the bonus of extra creatine without the full supplement. The compound betaine is found in beets, spinach, and whole-grain bread and is another easy supplement to incorporate into your diet.
Like creatine, this supplement is best for those who have strength or power-based workouts because it can boost muscle protein synthesis. Activities like bodybuilding and cycling are bound to see the best results when adding betaine as a dietary supplement.
- Includes 3 Bottles with 50 softgels each for a total of 150 softgels.
- Caffeine Supplement enhanced with L-theanine. Clean Smooth Mental Focus, Energy and Heightened Mind Alertness without the tingling feeling and the crash of energy drinks and coffee. L Theanine Caffeine Nootropic Stack for Cognitive Performance. Caffeine so Smart, it's Genius.
- Natural Energy Pills for men & women. MCT Oil sourced from 100% Coconuts helps to provide Natural Energy, Focus, Attention, and Alertness, L-Theanine Soothes any jitters that may happen from caffeine.
- Enhanced Berry softgels provide better absorbed Caffeine than Tablets & Capsules. Pre-workout & nootropic brain booster.
- Made in the USA without Bad Stuff such as fillers, magnesium stearate, dioxides, silica, maltodextrin, carrageenan, soy, milk, egg, corn, tree nuts, artificial colors, or preservatives.
While this supplement is found in drinks like coffee and tea, it can also be taken as a dietary supplement if you’re not much into drinking either of those things. Studies have shown that taking caffeine before a workout can improve performance. This supplement is especially useful for those looking to increase their endurance activities, like running, or long-duration activities, like soccer.
While caffeine can be a great workout enhancing supplement, always be careful with your caffeine intake. Having too much caffeine can lead to adverse side effects like insomnia, nausea or vomiting, restlessness, or heart problems. Also, try to avoid sugary caffeine energy drinks.
- You will receive (1) jar of Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla, 5 pounds
- Customize your supplements: Body Fortress provides a variety of pre, intra & post workout supplements to maximize the effectiveness of your workouts. Super Advanced Whey Protein to our mass building supplements to maximize your workout routine
- Affordable supplements: Body Fortress is committed to the idea that your gains should be a result of the level of your dedication & commitment, not the size of your budget, so our supplements are always the highest quality without being the highest price
- Compare to your favorites: Compare Body Fortress Supplements to Dymatize, Optimum Nutrition, Isopure, Orgain, BSN Syntha 6, MusclePharm, EAS, PlantFusion, Muscle Milk, Evlution, Six Star, MuscleTech, Vega, Intracore, Quest Nutrition, Gatorade, or Ascent
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
In a sufficiently balanced diet, you should be consuming 0.36 grams of protein per pound when sedentary. It’s beneficial for athletes to add more protein to their diet because it provides amino acids that build, maintain, and repair muscle tissue. You can consume protein in various meats, but it’s also beneficial to add in the form of a powder supplement.
When adding more protein to your diet, it’s important to take it after your workout and not before. By taking in protein after exercising, you make sure your body is optimal for the protein to help your muscles heal and build. Consumption after working out will also enhance your muscle’s oxygen use.
Calcium and Vitamin D
- CLINICAL STRENGTH: Plant calcium from sustainably harvested Red Marine Algae— reduces the risk of osteoporosis+
- COMPLETE PLANT CALCIUM: Expertly formulated with Vitamin D3 for better absorption, Vitamin K2 to direct calcium to bones (where you need it most), magnesium and 70 whole-food trace minerals
- BONE STRENGTH: Protects against bone loss and promotes bone density & joint flexibility*
- Slim, easy-to-swallow tablets with slow & steady release
- Non-GMO Project Verified, 100% Vegetarian, Kosher, Certified Gluten Free by NSF, Sustainably Harvested
It’s commonly known that calcium is good for the body because it keeps our bones strong and healthy. However, calcium and vitamin D also make sure our teeth and muscles are healthy too. These vitamins are especially important for athletes because proper dosages will help reduce the risk of bone fractures and other skeletal injuries.
Calcium can be found in a variety of different foods, from dairy products to dark green vegetables to fish like salmon. However, if you’re unable to get the full amount of calcium and vitamin D your body requires, there’s always this dietary supplement.
Dietary Supplements Can Be Beneficial For Athletes
Some athletes have found that adding the best supplements to their diet and workout routine leads to increased athletic performance. However, as stated before, it’s imperative to consult your doctor first before adding any kind of supplement to your diet. Your doctor can help you figure out which supplement will best aid your workouts and help you see the improved results you want.