Is oxygen important for athletes? Can pure oxygen boost your athletic performance? Are oxygen products all hype, or can they make you perform better?
Thankfully, oxygen does work – athletes often use it to help them recover faster. Since pure oxygen is not considered a drug, it is legal in professional sports, at least for now.
Professional athletes usually use pure oxygen when on the sidelines. It can help you keep going for longer. Pure oxygen increases the amount of time required for an athlete to reach exhaustion.
Importance of Oxygen for Athletic Performance
Without oxygen, your muscles wouldn’t work at all. When you exercise, especially at a high intensity, your muscles use up oxygen. If your muscles cannot replenish the oxygen fast enough, they will slow down.
Everyone breathes heavily during physical activity because the more oxygen your muscles are using up, the more you need to breathe to replace it. Proper breathing techniques can boost athletic performance, and cigarette smoking can reduce it because of how these things raise or lower oxygen levels.
Everything that helps get enough oxygen to your muscles helps you perform better. Oxygen is carried to your muscles by your blood, and your body can have trouble keeping your blood oxygen levels high enough if you are using up a lot of oxygen.
Is There Much Evidence in Favor of Pure Oxygen Products?
So far, there isn’t much research, but what research there is shows a positive effect. In a 2010 study, researchers found that athletes’ oxygen saturation levels recovered significantly faster if they used pure oxygen.
The study involved top-end athletes on rowing machines, with either pure oxygen or regular air used between sessions. A person’s oxygen saturation level is normally over 90%, but it can drop below that level during intense exercise. Pure oxygen helped the rowers get their oxygen saturation back up to more than 90% much faster.
More research will be required to determine precisely how effective oxygen treatment is. Currently, it is used by many professional athletes who consider it an excellent legal way to get an extra edge. Lebron James, one of the highest-paid basketball players in the world, uses pure oxygen.
What are Pure Oxygen Products?
Oxygen products are “air in a can” – you buy an oxygen tank with a built-in oxygen mask or oxygen hose and breathe it to recover quickly. The air we breathe is only 21% oxygen, so each breath of pure oxygen is as good as nearly five breaths of regular air.
Oxygen products have become common enough that they are no longer hard to find. They are often available in stores that sell athletic supplies, plus you can easily order them online.
The Best Pure Oxygen Products for Athletes
- ALL-NATURAL RESPIRATORY SUPPORT - Boost Oxygen provides pure, natural Oxygen - free from stimulants and additives like caffeine and sugars - in a convenient, lightweight and portable can.
- 95% PURE SUPPLEMENTAL OXYGEN - Every cell in the human body requires Oxygen to function. Boost Oxygen supports healthy brain and cellular function by delivering 95% pure supplemental Oxygen over the counter, no prescription needed.
- PORTABLE OXYGEN THERAPY - From athletes to those experiencing shortness of breath, the benefits of Oxygen Therapy are well-documented. Boost Oxygen makes it easy to enjoy these benefits on the go!
- DAILY USE - Start your morning with Boost Oxygen for a stimulant free wake-up, take a Boost Break with a deep inhale to clear your mind and reduce stress levels, recover faster during and after workouts, increase your focus and mental sharpness.
- OXYGEN TO GO - Help Is Here for you; wherever you are!
Boost oxygen is the best choice if you are looking for a well known, trusted brand. No caffeine or other energizing additives are added – the cans contain pure oxygen only. The oxygen is 95% pure, with the other 5% being other elements found in ordinary air.
As well as an athletic booster, you can use Boost oxygen to help you get woken up in the morning without caffeine. The Boost oxygen cans are good value for their price, lasting a long time without being expensive.
Oxygen PRO Supplemental Oxygen
- BREATHE EASY – Stress, travel, exercise, altitude, late nights, inactivity & pollution can lower your body’s oxygen levels, leaving you short of breath and low in energy. O+ Biggi recreational oxygen canisters restore oxygen levels so you feel your best.
- RECOVER AND REVITALIZE – Energize, perform and increase your mental clarity as oxygen levels are restored—day or night. Our portable, lightweight oxygen canisters contain no carbs, sugar, flavors or additives, yet provide an effective breathing tool.
- HOW TO USE – To use, simply press the trigger on our high quality, BPA-free mask to release the flow. Breathe in oxygen through your mouth or nose. 3 to 5 breaths usually does the trick, but it depends on what you’re up to.
- HIGH PURTIY – Includes 6 Oxygen Plus O+ Biggi canisters, each with 220+ breaths and 11L of pure oxygen for value with every inhale. O+ products are manufactured in a FDA-registered facility, bottled and filled in the USA, and 100% recyclable after use.
- THE OXYGEN PLUS WAY – Oxygen Plus was founded in 2003 to create dependable, consumer-friendly oxygen products with the highest standards in the oxygen industry. With various portable sizes, keep O+ on hand for any activity at work, home, and play.
If you are looking for tanks that hold 22 liters of oxygen instead of 2-liter cans, Oxygen PRO is a trusted brand. The oxygen in Oxygen PRO tanks is quite compressed, so 22 liters of air can fit into a small tank. Oxygen PRO also offers very pure oxygen, 99.5% pure.
As well as boosting your physical stamina, Oxygen PRO can make you more alert and improve your reaction time. Reaction time is vital in most sports, and keeping the oxygen levels in your brain as high as possible can give you a legal advantage. Some people also use Oxygen PRO to boost their performance at tests, assignments, and other mental tasks.
What are Oxygen Enhancement Supplements?
Oxygen enhancement supplements do not contain any oxygen. Instead, they contain substances that help your blood move oxygen to your muscles more effectively. Chlorophyll, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, and vitamins A, C, B9, and B12 are among the most common substances in these supplements. You might get the best results if you both use an oxygen tank and an oxygen supplement. The tank gives you oxygen, and the supplements help your body use it. The effectiveness of oxygen enhancement supplements is backed up by more evidence than there is for pure oxygen products. Oxygen enhancement supplements are mainstream and recommended by doctors. Taking these supplements increases the amount of oxygen in one’s red blood cells. This is useful for both general health and athletics.
What are the Best Oxygen Enhancement Supplements for 2021?
- HIGHEST QUALITY: Lab-tested for potency and purity. We use only pharmaceutical-grade, clinically-tested ingredients that are backed by the latest research and development
- IMPROVES O2 UPTAKE AND VO2 MAX: Improves oxygen uptake so you can exercise longer and harder without experiencing fatigue or shortness of breath
- INCREASES TIME TO EXHAUSTION: Enhances endurance and stamina so you can build more muscle and recover faster
- ENHANCES PEAK POWER: Increases energy production so you can exercise with more power and intensity
- Item packaging may very
Peak O2 is a great choice because there are so many scientific studies backing its effectiveness. A 2016 study from the University of North Carolina found significant increases in athletes’ performance when taking 4 grams per day of the supplement. More recent studies show smaller doses also significantly boost performance.
In recent years, people have become aware of how many health benefits there are in many different species of mushrooms. Peak O2 gets its medicinal ingredients from the cordyceps, reishi, king trumpet, shiitake, lion’s mane, and turkey tail mushrooms. The combination of different medicines extracted from mushrooms is proven to help athletes last longer without getting tired out.
The supplement raises VO2max, which is the maximum rate that the body can use oxygen. If canned oxygen doesn’t seem to improve your performance much on its own, this may be because it doesn’t raise your VO2max. Try combining it with an oxygen enhancement supplement for better results.
Chlorophyll Liquid Drops
- EATING YOUR GREENS HAS NEVER BEEN SO EASY: Enjoy all the health benefits of green veggies by adding a few drops of our liquid chlorophyll to your daily diet. The strong earthy flavor of our product proves that it is 100% all-natural, without any type of flavorings or additives. So if you are looking for a completely natural supplement, this product is for you. Transform any liquid into a green juice jam packed with antioxidants, minerals and vitamins you’ll actually want to drink!
- BOOST YOUR ENERGY WITHOUT THE CRASH: Combat the stresses of daily life and kick start your day the green way! Unlike caffeine supplements and other stimulants, liquid chlorophyll increases energy on a cellular level for a clean, sustained energy boost from morning to night.
- DETOX YOUR BODY WITHOUT THE NEED FOR DRASTIC CLEANSES: Keep your digestive and liver health in tip top shape. This dietary supplement helps flush out harmful toxins and gently detoxifies your intestines to help keep you regular. Relieves gas and constipation.
- AVOID BAD ODORS THE NATURAL WAY: Chlorophyll is Mother Nature’s deodorant. It neutralizes odor by detoxifying our blood and breaking down internal odor causing compounds. An effective body odor eliminator and bad breath treatment for men and women.
- EASY TO DIGEST: Our convenient liquid drops mix easily with water to make a tasty, super concentrated “green juice” that won’t wreak havoc on your stomach. Most users report zero side effects. No bloating, nausea or stomach cramps. Your tummy will love it - and so will you!
Stimulants such as caffeine do not give you energy so much as prevent you from noticing that you are tired. For this reason, the energy rush you get from caffeine turns into a crash later on. The best energy-boosting supplements help your body produce more energy, so you get an energy rush without the crash.
Chlorophyll is one of the best things you can take if you want to help your muscles get more oxygen. It gives you a clean energy rush that you can take any time of the day without having to worry about being kept up at night.
Whether or not pure chlorophyll is better for athletic performance than a multi-ingredient supplement like Peak O2 is different for different athletes. Some people may find chlorophyll is better as an overall health supplement than as an athletic booster. Other athletes are amazed by the power of pure chlorophyll.