You’ve got great golf clubs that you can’t wait to try out on the golf course, but don’t forget about purchasing a golf bag.
It’s important to keep your clubs protected, but it also adds to how great – or not – your golfing day goes. Imagine carrying a heavy, clumsy bag or one that doesn’t have space for all your important items.
Clubs aside, you should ensure you have essentials in your bag, such as golf balls, tees, a golf glove, as well as any extra items, such as sunscreen, your cell phone, and your wallet.
With that in mind, let’s look at the best golf bags for 2021. Make sure you keep these in mind when you want to spoil yourself with a new golf bag.
Best Golf Bags – Reviews For 2021
Best Golf Bag: TaylorMade Golf 2019 Select Stand Golf
If you want to hit the golf course with at least three or four clubs, which seems to be the general advice out there, you’ll want to get your hands on this TaylorMade golf bag because it provides lot of space for clubs. It’s also got many other features any professional or amateur golfer will appreciate.
- Grab-handle options
- Water bottle pocket
- This golf bag has a five-pound capacity with lots of compartments for your goods. It has six pockets, seven dividers, and even a valuables pocket where you can keep items such as keys.
- It comes with an exterior water bottle pocket so you don’t forget to stay hydrated when you’re out on the golf course all day long.
- This golf bag is easy to grab and go, thanks to its multiple grab-handle top.
- It’s also velour-lined on the inside to keep your items in great condition.
- It comes with an XL golf ball pocket.
- Some people who have purchased this golf bag have reported that its legs are not that sturdy.
- People have said that this golf bag is strong and has comfortable straps. Perfect for when you need to carry it around for hours.
This TaylorMade golf bag costs $159.99. It’s a great bag for when you want to keep your items a bit more organized and you’ll have more than enough space for all your golfing gear – as well as a few extras.
Best Travel Golf Bag: CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover
If you’re going to be traveling with your golf gear, you’ll want to ensure your bag is very secure – you don’t want to reach your destination only to discover that your new golf clubs are damaged. That’s why this CaddyDaddy golf bag is worth considering.
- Lockable zippers
- Inline-skate wheels
- Compression straps
- This travel cover golf bag is strong – it’s three times the thickness of 600D fabric.
- Durable fabric aside, it comes with lockable zippers to keep your valuables and expensive golf gear safe when you’re traveling.
- It’s also heavily padded on top to keep your valuable club heads in good condition.
- As a nice touch, this bag has both internal and external compression straps to further keep your clubs safe.
- The last thing you want to deal with is bag wheels that don’t move smoothly when you travel, but that’s not a concern with this bag. It has inline skate wheels that roll easily, making rushing around airports a breeze.
- People have complained about the exterior pockets not being that durable.
- This golf travel cover is collapsible so that it’s really easy to store when not in use.
- It’s got a molded luggage tag and business card window included.
- It can be used with a TSA-approved lock, but that’s not included in the purchase.
This golf bag cover costs $84.99. If you experience problems with the bag being damaged by airlines, you can make use of the one year full bag replacement warranty offered by CaddyDaddy.
Best Lightweight Golf Bag: Izzo Ultra Lite Cart Bag
When choosing a golf bag, you obviously want it to be strong enough to carry your clubs and other gear, but you don’t want it to be too heavy, and that’s a fact even if it’s a cart bag. That’s where this bag by Izzo comes in. It gives you durability, storage, but it’s light.
- High-strength polyester
- Customizable ball pocket
- Tons of features
- This bag comes with a 14-way top so you can organize your valuables in a variety of ways.
- It might be light in weight, weighing almost four pounds, but this golf bag is built to last. It’s constructed out of high-strength 4200 polyester fabric.
- One of the drawbacks associated with this bag is its rain cover. It’s attached to the bag’s front but this means you have to remove the rain cover every time you want to get your clubs out of the bag.
- Some people who have purchased this bag have reported that the material is quite thin.
- The bag comes with a customizable ball pocket so that you can personalize the bag, but it’s not clear exactly how you’d be able to do this.
- It comes with extra features that you don’t find on some other golf bags, such as a glove holder, an umbrella holder, a towel clip, a rain hood, and an integrated smartGRIP handle.
This golf bag is light but packs a punch with all its compartments and extra features. It’s also a trendy number with its grey and lime appearance. It costs $97.58. Not a fan of the color? You can get it in red, blue, or black, but prices vary.
Best Budget Golf Bag: Amazon Basics Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag
- Soft-sided golf travel bag for conveniently transporting a set of golf clubs (not included)
- Made of durable nylon fabric; reinforced stress points; stands up on its own when holding a set of clubs
- Smooth-rolling, inline-skate-style wheels; heavy-duty curb rails; well-placed, riveted handles
- Compression straps keep clubs secure; heavily padded top section protects club heads
- Multiple zippered compartments for storing extra gear; measures 50 by 13 by 15 inches
If you’re just starting out with your golf hobby, you might not want to spend a lot of money on a golf bag. With this bag by Amazon Basics, you don’t have to. Here’s why it’s a great golf starter bag.
- Nylon construction
- Reinforced stress points
- Full-length zipper
- This golf bag is made out of nylon fabric that’s durable and offers longevity.
- It comes with reinforced stress points so that it will stand on its own when you pack your golf clubs in it.
- It’s got inline-skate wheels for a smoother experience when traveling.
- It comes with heavy-duty curb rails.
- The bag has compression straps. These keep your clubs in place and safe, while the top section of the bag is padded to further offer protection to the club heads so they don’t get nicked or damaged.
- There are many zippered compartments in this bag for all your must-have items. It’s got a full-length zipper to make gaining access to the bag easier and two large zippered side pockets for extra storage space.
- Some people who have purchased this golf bag have reported that it actually doesn’t always stand on its own.
- This golf bag comes with an integrated ID slot, which further makes it a great bag when you need to travel with your golfing gear.
- Some travel bags are a bit too stiff, but this one is soft-sided so it’s easier to carry.
- It’s collapsible so it’s easy to store when not in use.
- Although not completely waterproof, this golf bag is water-resistant.
This golf bag has many features you want in a travel golf bag, and it doesn’t cost a lot of money. You can get it for $62.67. It comes in black, but you can also get it in other colors for the same price. Choose between blue, maroon, or grey.
Best Carry Golf Bag: Wilson NFL Carry Golf Bag
- Quick activation stand
- For easy mounting on and off shoulders
- Strong polyester fabric
- Durability through travel and weather conditions
- Four-points double strap
This stylish and trendy NFL bag is a must for Buffalo Bills fans. Here’s why it’s worth carrying around on the golf course.
- Quick-activation stand
- Double strap
- Premium NFL logos
- This golf bag comes with a quick-activation stand with two legs that will keep your bag upright.
- It’s made out of strong and durable polyester fabric.
- It’s got a four-point adjustable double strap. This makes it easy to put on your shoulder and remove.
- This golf bag can be carried by one hand or as a backpack, which makes it very convenient.
- It comes with a hip pad to make it even more comfortable on the golf course.
- People who have purchased this golf bag have reported that it doesn’t come with individual slots for your golf clubs.
- This bag comes with a rain cover.
If you’re looking for the best carry golf bag, this one is worth purchasing. It costs $120.05. It comes in a stylish sky-blue, red, and black color scheme – it’s a Buffalo Bills NFL bag, so it’s perfect for fans. If that’s not your team, you can choose from other NFL bags. But hey, even if you’re not a lover of American football, you’ll still love this golf bag.
Golf Bag FAQ
You might have spotted the perfect golf bag to buy from our review of the best deals on golf bags, but maybe you still have some questions you’d like answered about golf bags. Here are some common ones.
Are golf bags waterproof?
Although it would make sense for all golf bags to be waterproof, this is not necessarily the case so you always have to check the specifications of the golf bag that you’re interested in purchasing. To be considered waterproof, a golf bag has to meet certain criteria.
For starters, it needs to be made out of waterproof fabric. Then, it should have sealed zippers as well as seams. Finally, it should have a rain hood attached. As you can see from our reviews of the best rated golf bags, some bags do come with rain hoods included.
While some high-quality golf bags you can find on the market are not 100 percent waterproof, they do have other features to keep your golf clubs safe. These include having padded tops to protect the heads of your golf clubs and interior linings so that your valuables pockets won’t cause scratches and nicks on your small and expensive items, such as your cell phone. These are just as important as protecting your valuables against wet weather.
As examples, the CaddyDaddy golf bag in our review has a padded top, while the TaylorMade 2019 golf bag comes with a velour-lined pocket to keep valuables safe.
The above are all important features to look out for, whether you want to ensure the safety and good condition of your golfing gear when you’re on a course or when you’re traveling.
How do I know what golf bag to buy?
There are different types of golf bags to purchase, such as cart bags and hybrid bags, and that’s just to mention two types! It’s easy to feel overwhelming about figuring out which one you’ll get the most use out of and not regret spending your money on purchasing.
When choosing a golf bag, it’s worth thinking about how you like to play golf. For example, if you like to walk during a round of golf, a stand bag is a good option because it will make the most sense and be comfortable.
A hybrid bag, on the other hand, is a must to purchase if you’re looking for good storage in the bag as well as a stand. If you are a cart rider on the golf course, a cart bag is more than sufficient for your needs because it will offer storage options that lighter stand bags don’t usually have to offer.
If you are just starting out with your golf hobby, a stand bag is a good choice. This will be able to fit without a hassle when you’re riding in a golf cart but you can also carry it around if you like, so it’s versatile.
There are other general tips to follow when searching for the best golf bag. Let’s take a look at them.
- Comfortable straps. You should always ensure that the golf bag will be comfortable to carry, especially if you’re going to be choosing a stand bag because you’ll be carrying it a lot. An example of a golf bag with comfortable straps is the TaylorMade one in our list.
- Club storage options. You don’t want to buy a golf bag only to be disappointed with how your golf clubs will be stored inside it. Some golf bags will have individual dividers to keep your golf clubs separate, and they’ll usually have a variety of divider pockets. Others, such as the Wilson NFL golf bag on our list of reviews, don’t come with individual club slots. There’s no right or wrong answer here, but just make sure that the bag is organized in the way you want it to be.
- Strong fabrics. Whether your bag is lightweight or not shouldn’t matter – it should be made with strong and durable fabrics that won’t tear very quickly. Examples of materials to look for in a golf bag include polyester and nylon.
- Extra Features. You can find golf bags that offer many interesting and useful features, such as umbrella hooks, towel hooks, and water bottle pockets. These are especially important if you’re serious about golf and like to spend all day on the golf course.
What’s the difference between a golf cart bag and golf stand bag?
Before you decide to purchase either a golf cart bag or stand bag, it’s worth knowing their differences. Here’s everything to know about cart bags and stand bags.
Golf Cart Bags
These bags are put on carts that take you around the golf course. They do come with straps so you can wear them on your shoulder, but they don’t stand on their own when resting on the ground.
Cart bags are very easy to transport because you just put them in a cart and don’t have to worry about carrying them the whole day. This makes them useful if you spend a lot of time on the golf course.
Golf Stand Bag
A stand bag looks like a cart bag but it comes with legs attached to it so that it can stand on its own. This makes it very convenient when you want to rest the bag on the ground or other surfaces.
You’ll carry a stand bag around the golf course with you, so it will come with a strap but you can also carry it in the same way you’d carry a backpack. It’s worth knowing, however, that stand bags are more compact than cart bags so you won’t have as much storage space.
A good thing about golf stand bags is that they give you a bit of extra exercise on the course and can increase your physical strength because of how you have to carry them around. However, you will have to ensure that you don’t make the bag too heavy otherwise carrying it will be a real pain!
Who should use a golf tour bag?
Golf tour bags are sometimes called staff bags. They are mainly used by golfers who have a caddy at their disposal because these bags are large.
They can also be heavy because they’re meant to hold an entire set of golf clubs – that’s a total of 14 clubs in one bag! These bags usually have tons of extra storage for other items, such as golf balls, gloves, and even clothing items.
They need to hold all the golfer’s extra accessories that might be required on the golf course, and this is what makes them so appealing for professional golfers to use.
Tour bags are usually made out of leather or other high-quality materials. There’s no doubt about it: if you’re interested in golf, you’ll probably be tempted to purchase this type of bag because of how luxurious and stylish it looks.
However, it’s clear to see from what we’ve explained that golf tour bags are generally geared to professional golfers, so they’re not a practical choice for you if you just enjoy weekend golf. It makes more sense to purchase a different type of golf bag that will be more practical and easy to carry around.
As we’ve seen in our golf bag reviews, there are many other types of golf bags that are made of quality materials, offer good storage space, and look good as a bonus!
Golf bags come in a range of different styles and have different purposes, which can make it difficult to choose the right one for your golfing needs.
After reading this buying guide of the best golf bags for 2021, and reading our FAQs, you now have a better idea about the type of golf bag that will suit your lifestyle.
It’s definitely worth considering your personal preferences and how you like to play golf before you purchase a golf bag so that you won’t be disappointed, and so that you’ll get a bag that brings you lots of joy and improves your game. Happy golfing!