Golf doesn’t come naturally to anyone – not even your favorite golfer. So much goes into becoming a great golfer – the long hours on the course and the intense practice at the driving range. To get better at your golf game, you must train to improve. You might be too busy to make it to the course more often than needed, but there are plenty of tools that will let you work on your game at home or at the driving range.
Ever feel like you’re not doing enough to help your game? Well, there are several training aids that can help improve your golf game in different areas. These aids are designed to improve your putting, driving, distance, tempo, alignment, grip, swing path and short game. There’s a small problem: thousands of new training products are released every year. This can make the job of picking the right training products daunting. Instead of embarking on a limited and likely futile journey to test the entirety of the market, we consulted trainers and golfers and asked them to recommend top products.
Best Golf Training Products for 2019
We share your love of this great game and that’s why we prepared this article for you. We will look at some of the best golf training products on the market that could help you improve your game or just enjoy it again! Our inclusive list includes the best golf learning tools that are accessible and affordable to the everyday golfer. We factored in durability, ease of use, effectiveness, portability and value.
SKLZ Gold Flex
- DEVELOP BETTER MECHANICS. Find the natural feel of lag, and develop core golf muscles with the SKLZ Gold Flex Trainer. Correct the path and develop a flatter swing plane that is initiated from the lower body, allowing you to fight slices
- BUILD MORE POWER. Build muscle memory and strengthen your swing with the 2.5lb. weighted head so you can hit every ball with ease. The extra flex in the shaft helps lengthen your swing, giving you more power and better control
- THE PERFECT WARM UP TOOL. When you swing the trainer it creates a low-impact stretch to increase flexibility and range of motion. The momentum of the weighted head encourages proper weight transfer, improved form, centered balance and greater power
- DEVELOP YOUR TEMPO. Swing the Gold Flex repetitively to gain feedback and correct bad habits. The exaggerated flex allows for a lag during your back swing to help find your tempo. Use this easy training aid 10-20 times a day to improve your game
- MADE TO LAST. SKLZ provides you with high quality sports equipment that is durable, strong, and made to last. Whether you're a competitive golfer, or play leisurely with friends, the Gold Flex will help you reach your goals
This best-seller SKLZ Gold Flex club is designed for warm-ups, workouts and practice. It’s an absolute staple for individuals looking to improve swing strength, flexibility and tempo. The club is available 40” or 48” sizes making it suitable or people of all heights. The 40” length is ideal for beginners under 5’6” while the 48” is ideal for advanced golfer 5’6” or taller. It has a 2.5-pound weighted head made of polyurethane and added flex to allow you to feel your swing. Being attached means that you can conveniently swing this training tool in your yard without having worries about where your ball will end up. According to SKLZ, this training aid allows you to practice your balance, form, swing’s power and weight transfer. You can swing it a few times daily to build your swing or use it to warm up before a round of golf. The training aid is made from strong, durable material.
GAME GOLF Live Tracking System
- GPS Real Time Automatic Shot Tracking
- Strokes Gained Analysis-Robust metrics to pinpoint improvement opportunities
- Range Finder-Get precise distances to greens, hazards and landing zones
- Insights-See club distances and shot dispersion patterns
- Challenges-Compete online with friends and golfers worldwide
Improvements come from following your progress and that’s what this device is all about. The manufacturers term the Game Golf Live Tracking System as the world’s first wearable, real-time automatic tracker for both Android and iOS smartphone platforms. It uses an updated wearable GPS device that works with attached sensors and an integrated software platform to capture real-time performance data automatically. This gadget helps get rid of the guesswork by recording all your key stats. This way, you can visualize your performance in the best way possible and work towards reaching your next milestone. Prompt feedback displayed on your phone will give you the necessary info to make better decisions to plot your way around the golf course.
PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer
- This training aid is designed to simulate the exact conditions of putting into a real hole on the green by it's ground-breaking parabolic curved design
- Each successful putt is returned the same distance it would have gone past the hole if it had missed - great feedback for getting the pace just right.
- Designed to return good putts and reject bad ones.
- Made from high quality, elastomer and translucent polycarbonate, PuttOut folds and fits into your golf bag.
- Build repetition into your practice to improve your pace putting and to practice pressure putting.
We live in a technological era where people look forward to new inventions every day. There are several golf-training aids that use high-tech devices to help golfers improve their game. Sometimes, however, best results come from an unlikely low-tech approach. Enter the PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer. This revolutionary training aid by PuttOut looks simple, yet somehow, manages to deliver a super intuitive design. It will help you develop the perfect putt touch. It is designed to reject missed putts, hold perfect putts and auto-return good ones giving you prompt feedback on your putting form. The incline has an innovative parabolic design that simulates the conditions of putting into a real hole on an actual green. This Putt trainer lets you train at home to practice your putts. It is available in 5 colors (white, blue, orange, green and red) and is collapsible to fit into your golf bag.
Orange Whip WEDGE
- EFFICIENT SHORT GAME TRAINING. Conquer the yips! Maximize your short game shots by allowing the wedge shaft to give proper feedback for loading and unloading.
- FIND YOUR RHYTHM. The Wedge club head swings freely from your wrists, so your elbows, shoulders, and back align and help you find your sequence.
- MAKE CONSISTENT CONTACT. Lower your scores by maximizing your short game while decreasing your margin of error around the greens.
- IMPROVE DISTANCE TRAINING. Chip and pitch your ball on its intended landing spot and predict runout so your ball lands with accuracy and precision.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY. Handcrafted in the USA from premium-grade materials built for exceptional durability and flexibility. Right-handed club.
This training aid resembles a typical wedge, with a 56-degree loft angle and an orange head. Perfect for short game training, it allows a golfer to feel the feedback needed to get better at pitching and chipping. The Orange Whip Edge is designed to swing from the wrists easily and let your shoulders and arms fall into place. Unlike other training aids in our list, you can use the Orange Whip wedge to hit actual balls. Chipping training balls in the backyard will be a breeze with this training aid. It is handcrafted in the United States from premium grade materials built for outstanding flexibility and durability. You get a 2-year warranty on purchase.
IMPACT SNAP Golf Swing Trainer and Practice Training Aid
- Golf Digest's Best Training Aids for Golf 2019 - For the fourth year in a row, the IMPACT SNAP is named golf's 'best full swing training aid' by Golf Digest. Practice anytime, anywhere with the only swing tool that trains for speed with the proper wrist conditions
- ACHIEVE THE PERFECT IMPACT POSITION EVERY TIME - The IMPACT SNAP teaches a muscle memory pattern that forces you to adopt proper release mechanics. Seamlessly train your wrists to fire the three movements essential to a proper golf swing: Ulnar Deviation, Flexion, and Supination
- ALL NEW CLUBHEAD ATTACHMENT (sold separately) - Now the IMPACT SNAP provides more precise visual feedback as you square the clubface at impact. With the new attachment you can see how the wrists affect the clubface throughout the entire golf swing. A must for more visual learners. CLUBHEAD SOLD SEPARATELY
- CREATED & ENDORSED BY PGA PROFESSIONALS - 22 top-100 instructors are teaching with the award-winning training aid. Including: Mike Bender, Hank Haney, Bobby Clampett and inventor, Kelvin Miyahira. Fix your impact and change your game forever
- SAY GOODBYE TO EXPENSIVE LESSONS - The IMPACT SNAP, developed by 4-time PGA Section Teacher of the Year, Martin Nowicki helps golfers feel perfect impact and compression. Resolve leading to quick improvement when used every day until improper mechanics are a thing of the past
There is a reason why the IMPACT SNAP Golf Swing Trainer has been named Golf Digest’s Best Training Aids for Golf 2019 – it’s your best device if you’re looking to improve your long swings. Its small size means you can use it just about anywhere – in the yard, in the office or at home. You can even use it to warm up before a round of golf. There’s a small golf grip with a ball bearing inside meant to guide your hands and let you know when they are out of place. With this training aid, you can get rid of a couple of bad swing habits like flapping arms, tight forearms, weak wrists and scooping motions. Being low impact means you’ll avoid the injuries of repetitive swings with a real ball and club. This PGA-endorsed swing trainer is specifically designed to improve Flexion, Ulnar Deviation and Supination golf motions for perfect swing motion.
Swingyde Golf Swing Training Aid
- Golf swing aid for improving distance and accuracy
- Attaches easily and securely to the shaft of your club
- Built-in rest encourages your wrist to cock properly
- Improves your swing plane, clubface alignment, and follow through
- Works for both right- and left-handed golfers
If you are looking for an accessory that will help you improve the swing of your hand, look no further than the Swingyde Golf Swing Training Aid. Most golfers struggle with hand movement. You can use this simple and basic device to control and correct your hand movement for better distance and accuracy. It works by restricting unnecessary movements by your hand. The result is accurate and solid shots. It attaches easily and securely to the shaft of your club and can be used by both left and right-handers. Its lightweight and compact nature means you can carry it with you anywhere.
Whether you are new to the game or a seasoned golfer, practice tools will help you identify your weakest and strongest points in the sport. Every year, golfers are inundated with training products promising to take their game to new heights. Our list contains everything, from tools that help a novice golfer generate muscle memory when it comes to the grip to those that help you master your putt.
Golf training products won’t magically transform you into a pro overnight. Instead, they will teach, correct and train to address specific problems. With regular practice and training, you just might become a pro golfer sooner than you expect. Who knows!