Keeping your body in top shape is vital and requires you to make some changes to your lifestyle. This can include changes to your sleeping schedule, diet and workout regimen.
Power training ropes (also called battle ropes) are excellent tools if you want to take your training to the next level. This training gear allows training multiple features at the same time. They are effective, easy to use and easy to store in your home gym.
Power training rope exercises have shown a positive metabolic and cardiovascular effects. By offering a high-intensity workout, power training ropes help cut fat and build lean muscle.
A few years ago, power training ropes were the trademark of MMA fighters. But things have changed. Today, more and more athletes are using power training ropes in their training routines. Battle ropes are one of the newest fitness trends and a welcome addition to any gym – home or commercial.
So what are the positive effects of battle ropes? The basic of power training ropes is waving technique. They are used for bouncing movements and simultaneous contractions to provide a total body workout. To prevent palm blisters and scratches, get yourself a quality pair of CrossFit gloves.
With a power training rope, you will be able to activate multiple muscles in your body, combining different movements, positions and exercises. They work your abs, legs, back, glutes and core as well. You can train quickness, explosiveness, agility, power, endurance, footwork, core stability, hand strength, etc.
Best Power Training Ropes for 2020
Picking the right power training rope is not easy, especially for novices. There are many factors to consider, like materials, handles, length, width, flexibility, anchor, durability and brands.
The materials that go into a piece of fitness equipment can determine how well it performs. The most common battle rope materials are Poly Dacron, Polypropylene, nylon, manila, Dacron and polyester. Avoid manila if you plan to train indoors as it tends to leave “hairs” behind after training sessions. Non-synthetic materials are water-resistant and tend to be more durable than synthetic materials.
Most ropes range from 30-50 feet. The longer the rope, the better, but you need to consider the available space for training. Shorter ropes are good for explosiveness and quickness. They are also suitable for traveling purposes.
The diameter of the battle rope determines the type of workout. You can pick between 1.5” and 2” diameter. Thinner ropes are recommended for beginners and cardio sessions. Thicker ropes require a firmer grip. They are best suited for intense strength training sessions.
We scoured the internet to come up with the top 5 best power training ropes in the market.
Garage Fit Heavy Ropes for Exercise Training
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION: The 3-strand thick training rope is made using a highly durable polyester blend that is wear-resistant to prevent fraying even when used outdoors, with a high tensile strength that prevents the breakage experienced with other products. It even comes with a blue tracking line for easy maintenance. Weight: 12.7kg / 28lbs
- PROVIDES GREAT GRIP: We’ve fitted the undulation fitness rope with heat shrink caps at the ends that not only prevent it from unraveling, but also offer unmatched grip. The 10-inch waterproof sleeves allow you to work out even without gloves.
- FOR FULL BODY EXERCISE: Garage Fit’s battling ropes provide effective resistance to work out the back, arms, shoulders, core and legs. The combat rope is also great for cardio, producing a good sweat within minutes.
- EASY TO STORE: You can easily roll up the crossfit rope for storage when not in use. The flexible design also makes for convenient portability, allowing you to take your power rope to the gym, park or beach. Click ‘Add to Cart’ now!
Garage Fit has been manufacturing a variety of fitness equipment since it was founded in 2014. Slightly pricier than other ropes in this list, you get a high-quality rope and extra features other options lack. This rope is one of the best in the market and comes in a full variety of sizes. We’re talking 1.5-2” thickness options, 30-50 ft length options and a variety of different colors. This power training rope offers effective resistance and workout at legs, arms, shoulders, back and core. It uses Poly Dacron blend in its construction. Together with a triple strand twisting, this results in a heavy-duty battle rope with fray resistance and superior durability. You can choose whether or not you want a nylon sleeve covering your battle rope. All ropes have an anchor that comes in handy when tethering the rope. For stability during a workout, you will need to attach the anchor to a heavy, immovable object. You can choose between 4 colors – red, black, blue and yellow. Easily roll up the rope for storage whenever you are not using it.
Titan Fitness Heavy Battle Rope
- BUILD YOUR FORM: Battle ropes are a great conditioning tool for a fullbody workout with a focus on increasing muscular endurance and cardiovascular conditioning. The battle ropes are built for athletes to train for increased power, to build core strength, and improve explosiveness.
- PAIR WITH ANCHOR STRAP KIT FOR BATTLE ROPE: Secure your battle ropes to any stationary anchor as the battle ropes move freely when they are attached to the straps, allowing you to have a more natural range of motion. Use these straps to reduce the intensity of your work out by shortening the ropes; increase the intensity by extending them back out or adding multiple ropes for maximum resistance.
- FULL SELECTION OF ROPE SIZES: Titan Fitness has a full selection of ropes ranging for intermediate users to advanced. If you are just starting out, we highly recommend the 30foot ropes with either 1.5 or 2in diameters.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: The threestrandthick exercise rope features a durable poly Dacron blend with the strength to prevent breakage and fraying. The heavyduty exercise rope can be used indoors or out, and it offers reliable, longlasting performance, so you can keep the focus on your workout.
- DIMENSIONS: Titan Battle rope measures at 30 feet with a 1.5in diameter. The handles have an extra coating to prevent the rope from fraying. Which will greatly increase the life of the battle rope and allow it to be used outdoors.
Titan Fitness is a renowned gym equipment and fitness products manufacturer. This reasonably priced battle rope is manufactured with durable and fray resistant Poly Dacron. Being an affordable option doesn’t mean it lacks value over other power training ropes in this list. It comes pretty much in all sizes you will ever need. Suitable for undulation training, the comfortable handles will give you a solid grip and protect you from rope burn. The heat-shrunk rubber fixture is meant to keep your hands safe from the rough texture. You can wrap the rope around a stationary object with ease. Lack of a protective cover means the rope may leave some bits and pieces on the floor if you really slam. This can be high-maintenance. Consider using the rope on softer surfaces such as gym flooring or mats to reduce fraying and abrasion to the rope itself. Weighing anywhere from 19-47 lbs., you can easily carry it around.
NexPro Fitness Battle Rope
- Material: 100% Polypropylene and Polyester, Wear Resistant and Durable, High Tensile Strength
- Rope Size: 1.5" Width and 30ft,40ft,50ft Length
- 3-Strand Twisted Rope Strong Construction
- 600D Oxford Waterproof Sleeve Protect the Rope from Friction and Fray
- Heat Shrink Caps on the Ends, Heavy and Appressed
NexPro Fitness is dedicated to providing athletes and fitness enthusiasts with the best fitness items at prices they can afford. Some of their products include agility ladders, doorway chin-up bars, balance pods and power training ropes. The 1.5” NexPro battle rope is manufactured with a unique blend of high-tensile and water-resistant materials (polyester and polypropylene). The polypropylene makes the rope lightweight and provides durability. The polyester outer lining, on the other hand, protects the rope from elements and provides resistance to wear and tear. The 600D Oxford Waterproof sleeve helps in protecting the rope against friction. Lengths vary from 30-50ft and you can pick your length of rope according to your specific training regimen. The 50ft rope (24 pounds) is designed for seasoned athletes who are stronger or have a higher weight caliber than others. If you are in a middleweight class or moving up the strength field, the 40ft rope (18 pounds) is for you. 30ft (12 pounds) is meant for beginners or users of a lower weight class. An anchor is not included in the package, meaning you will have to purchase one separately.
Power Guidance Battle Rope
- Nylon Sleeve Covered - POWER GUIDANCE Battle ropes are all nylon sleeves covered to protect the rope from friction, more durable and will last many years of usage
- 100% Dacron - More durable and heavier than the blend of PolyPro and PolyDac materials. Free bonus! Battle rope anchor included
- Heat Shrink Handles - 7.5 inches heat shrink grips for improved grip and protection for your hands, and it will never come off
- 3-strand Twisted Design - Available in 30ft, 40ft & 50ft lengths with 1.5" thickness. The shorter conditioning rope is great for those new at rope training, with the longer one challenging intermediates and pros
- Why Choose Us - At POWER GUIDANCE, we fully stand behind our products. If you don't 100% love our products, please don't hesitate to contact us, and we do our best to make sure you are satisfied again.
Established in 2015, Power Guidance is dedicated to developing quality training products for both casual and avid athletes. If you need to intensify your workouts, you’ll be glad to know that it is designed to suit most fitness needs. You can move, whip, drag, or slam your ropes in waves to add some fun and power to your training sessions. Power Guidance rope gives remarkable metabolic workout and muscle toning options for your fitness exercises. This battle rope itself is made of Poly Dacron, which is sheathed in a nylon sleeve that keeps the rope well protected from inevitable wear and tear. The sleeve also gives the rope a sleek and unique look. It includes a steel anchor and heavy-duty screws that you can use to keep the rope down. Failing to tether the rope to anything sturdy means it will fly dangerously all over the place. You get to select from various sizes with 1.5” thickness and multiple lengths of 30, 40 and 50 feet. This means there will be a rope to fit your needs and space. To give you plenty of grip options, the heat shrink handles are 7.5” long.
Shogun Sports Battle Ropes PolyDacron
- BUILD MORE STRENGTH: Are you looking for new ways to create more strength and ability? Then The Shogun Sports Battle Ropes are the right choice for you. The Battle Ropes are a great alternative to traditional weights and are great to help you create more endurance, strength and create more gains. The key to their effectiveness is that they work each arm independently, eliminating strength imbalances as they sculpt your muscle. They're also great for cardio and general physical fitness.
- HIGH QUALITY POLYDACRON: Our Battle Ropes are made of superior quality Polydacron which is great for allowing you to slam, wave pull and throw with easiness yet help you build more strength and sculpt your muscles. These ropes are light weight, yet offer highest strength and greatest durability
- MULTIPLE SIZES AND THICKNESS: We offer solutions for all fitness enthusiasts regardless of the experience level. Our Workout ropes are available in 2 diameter sizes, 1.5 and 2”. A smaller diameter is great for general fitness purposes whereas a wider thicker grip is good for those who love killer workouts. The Shogun Sports Battle ropes are available in 3 different lengths (30/40 and 50 ft.). The longer the rope the heavier it becomes and more challenging the workout will be.
- SUPERIOR GRIP: The Shogun Sports Battle ropes have superior quality heat-shrink ends which make the Workout ropes more convenient to hold and will offer a better grip when performing the exercise. Make sure to choose the right diameter depending on your size and fitness experience and goals. Thicker ropes require bigger hands and greater grip strength whereas 1.5" diameter battle ropes will allow you to go hard, maintain a solid grip, and will fit perfectly into a circuit training workout.
- HOW TO USE?: Simply unpack the Battle Ropes and wrap them around a pole or tree. We have included an Anchor Strap to install them easier when using the workout ropes indoors, see the pictures to learn how to install the Anchor straps.
Shogun Sports is a fitness product company that deals with all manners of fitness, ranging from Olympic weightlifting to overall functional fitness. The battle ropes are constructed using superior quality PolyDacron that allows you to throw, wave pull and slam with ease yet help you sculpt your muscles and build more strength. The ropes are available in 3 different lengths – 30, 40 and 50ft. Coming at a standard 1.5” and an option for a 2” thickness, Shogun Sports battle ropes gives you the option of upping the thickness. The smaller diameter is best for general fitness purposes. A thick battle rope is more durable and vital to your strength and endurance training. Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, the super grip heat-shrink ends offer comfort and allow users to not have to wear gloves.
A power training rope is an ultimate tool for your whole body workout. It gives you a unique opportunity to train indoors or outdoors. If you haven’t used it, you’re missing out. Once you try it, you will be thrilled by the contraction and momentum it transfers to all areas of your body. Hopefully, this article has helped you to understand what you are looking for.
Last update on 2021-05-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API