If you are an avid runner but have flat feet, you know how difficult and painful it can be to go even just short distances. However, with the best running shoes for flat feet, you can go longer and not be in nearly as much pain, and that is exactly what we are here to help you look for today.
Best Running Shoes For Flat Feet: Reviews
Saucony Men’s Guide ISO 2 Road Running Shoe
If you are on the hunt for a good running shoe for flat feet, a durable pair meant for road running, this is a nice option to keep in mind.
This particular running shoe might not be the cheapest out there, but it also comes with a high level of quality and overall durability. In terms of support and cushioning for flat feet, the Saucony Men’s Guide ISO 2 Road Running Shoe comes with medial arch support combined with a powerfoam midsole, which should be more than enough to keep anybody with flat feet comfortable while running.
The ISOFIT dynamic upper is also designed to provide an increased amount of support, and the engineered mesh isn’t too bad in this sense either. The EVERUN top sole is yet another supportive feature which this running shoe comes with. Moreover, the mesh helps your feet breathe and stay cool, plus it helps maintain lightweight durability too.
- Very durable
- Many supportive and cushioning features
- Lightweight and breathable
- Great for the road
- Not for off road running
- Not the best traction
ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 26 Running Shoes
- Asics Gel-Kayano 26 022_Piedmont Grey/Pure Silver 8
Here we have quite the expensive running shoe, although you do get what you pay for, and here you do indeed get a whole lot. It’s one of the best options for anybody with flat feet and for overpronators too.
In terms of cushioning and arch support, this ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 26 Running Shoe is indeed one of the best options you could go with at this point. It comes with gel cushioning in both the rear and forefoot, it features an impact guidance system to help you maintain a proper gait, which should help stop overpronation, and it has a SpevaFoam platform, which is both supportive and soft too.
Moreover, the Trusstic System used here helps to keep the sole very supportive, while also maintaining a super lightweight design. Another great aspect of this running shoe is the AHAR outsole, which uses highly durable and abrasion resistant rubber for increased lifetime, plus it comes with a great traction pattern as well.
- Extremely well cushioned
- Very supportive
- Durable outsole
- Fairly lightweight
- Good traction
- Quite expensive
- Not ideal for road running
Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 15 Running Shoe
- MIZUNO WAVE: Wave sets the standard for running shoe technologies.
- This best selling stability running shoe provides the perfect balance of smooth cloudwave cushion, snappy responsive flex, and stable ride.
- Engineered Mesh Upper: Both breathable and durable for high performance.
- New Premium Sockliner for added comfort
- U4ic Midsole: Optimal shock attenuation, durability and a superior ride
The Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 15 Running Shoe is another ideal choice to go with for anybody who wants to run but suffers from flat feet. It may not look special, but it definitely gets the job done.
The Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 15 Running Shoe has a shaft that measures low-top from the arch, something that is ideal for runners and people with flat feet. Everything about this particular running shoe is designed to provide optimal arch support for runners, as well as long term stability, and shock absorption too. Do keep in mind that this is a running shoe for paved roads.
When it comes to cushioning and support, although the Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 15 Running Shoe may not look it, it is indeed one of the better choices out there. Something else that helps keep runners comfortable here is the premium sock liner, which is also moisture wicking. This shoe has a mesh upper, so it is very breathable and lightweight too, although durability is a bit limited, plus it definitely won’t keep moisture out either.
- Lightweight and breathable
- Great arch support
- Very stable and well cushioned
- Moisture wicking
- Not the best traction
- Limited durability of the upper
Brooks Men’s PureCadence 7
- SHOE SIZE: “D” = Medium width
- FOOT SUPPORT: Ideal for runners with a flat to medium arch looking for support.
- CONNECTED FEEL: Provides a lightweight and flexible feel, that creates a natural connection to your run, without compromising support or speed.
- PLUSH CUSHIONING AND FULL-BODY ALIGNMENT: BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning dynamically adapts to your stride, providing minimal yet comfortable cushioning so you feel more in touch with your run. Rounded heel promotes better alignment, helping to minimize stress on the joints.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, SOCK-LIKE FIT: The Woven Air upper and soft internal bootie allow your feet to feel comfortable and unrestrained. The no-sew overlays provide a lightweight support and structure.
Here we have one of the more affordable running shoes out there, and although it may not be very expensive, it still comes with some pretty decent features which you might appreciate.
Something that is really beneficial about the Brooks Men’s PureCadence 7 is that it comes with a rounded heel to minimize stress on the joints, plus it helps runners to maintain a proper stride as well. Another thing that stands out about this running shoe is the lightweight support and guide rails which it comes with. These are designed to help maintain proper cadence while running, which helps people with flat foot stop overpronating.
That said, the arch support and overall cushioning here is a little limited, although it is a very lightweight and flexible shoe that moves with your foot instead of against it. The upper is made out of mesh, and it’s definitely very lightweight and breathable, although probably not the most durable option you could go with. Keep in mind that while these do have good traction for roads and tracks, they are not designed for off road running.
- Designed to maintain proper cadence
- Great for overpronators
- Soft and flexible
- Lightweight and durable
- Not the best arch support
- Mesh upper has limited durability
Nike Women’s Air Zoom Structure 22 Running Shoe
For all the ladies out there with flat feet, this is probably the best running shoe for you. It comes in at a moderate price and has some pretty decent features too.
Something which the Nike Women’s Air Zoom Structure 22 Running Shoe really stands out for is providing great cushioning, arch support, and it helps maintain proper cadence and strides as well. In other words, it does appear to be a rather perfect shoe for woman who overpronate and have flat feet. Moreover, the mesh upper is very lightweight and breathable, although not the most durable.
The Nike Women’s Air Zoom Structure 22 Running Shoe is also designed to provide a very secure and supportive fit from all directions, something else which is quite important indeed. If you like running off road though, you may want to look for a shoe with better traction.
- Great cushioning and arch support
- Maintains proper stride and cadence
- Lightweight and flexible
- Could be more durable
- Could use better traction
When all is said and done, we do think that all options we have reviewed today are prime examples of some of the best running shoes for flat feet out there right now. What it all comes down to here is exactly how much cushioning and arch support you need, how much durability you expect, and how much cash you are looking to shell out.