Although it’s not mandatory to wear golf gloves, golf can be hard on your hands. While there are some golfers who prefer to play glove-less, we highly recommend gloves, especially for new golfers. A pair of golf gloves is a vital piece of equipment in your golf bag, just as excellent golf shoes are. Unfortunately, golf gloves aren’t given the same attention as most other pieces of equipment that golfers use.
One of the main reason why golfers need gloves is that they improve the grip. When holding your club, you need to ensure that you are in total control and you shall feel this from the grip. Your hands behave differently in rainy and cold golfing conditions. Golf gloves make things normal. If your palms are sweaty and you are supposed to play on a hot day, your gloves will give you better grip and swing.
Golf gloves also reduce the friction between your hands and club. Many people don’t realize that there is enough friction to cause blisters when you play for long. Golf gloves also provide warmth when it is cold. We all know the numb feeling that develops on the hands when it’s cold. Playing with your glove on should keep the numbness away for better performance.
How to Buy a Golf Glove
The first thing you will want to consider when purchasing a golf glove is the material. Typically, cabretta leather is the gold standard material. The reason why golfers prefer leather gloves is that the material is sleek and the grip is perfect.
Leather golf gloves are durable and easy to clean. Some leather gloves are partially synthetic. The stretchy nature of these fabrics gives a skin-like texture that enables them to provide a good grip. There are, however, some gloves that are 100 percent synthetic. They are lighter than leather gloves making them convenient, plus synthetic golf gloves are also durable.
Another factor that you will want to consider when buying golf gloves is the size. Everybody has a different type of hand with some big, wide, slim and small. Without the right-sized gloves, you can forget about perfect strokes. If you have seen golf gloves, they are designed to hold the hand firmly, that is why they come with an adjustable tightening strap.
When testing for size, you want to make sure that every part of the glove is firmly in contact with your hand without any discomfort. The glove is supposed to stay in place even if you fold and stretch your hands repeatedly.
Color can also be a factor for consideration even though it does not contribute to your performance.
Best Men’s Golf Gloves for 2020
The best men’s golf gloves will provide you with perfect fit, top-shelf comfort, excellent breathability, a great grip and durability.
We did extensive research to present to you 5 of the best men’s golf gloves in the market right now. The best golf gloves for 2020 include:
Mizuno Pro Golf Glove
Mizuno Pro Golf Glove has for a long time been the favorite glove for many golfers. Designed to perfection, the Mizuno Flex mesh around the knuckles give these gloves an outstanding look. They are also made from leather making their performance excellent for practice and serious championship games. It is soft and comfortable to fit, plus if it offers the best quality that money can buy. The only disadvantage about these golf gloves is that they may not be suitable for golfers with sweaty palms.
Finger Ten Rain Grip Golf Glove
- DEVELOP YOUR PERFORM IN RAIN, HOT, WET CONDITIONS: A Best Choice for Rain Hot Wet Weather Daily Practice. Unbeatable Wet Weather Grip and Quick- Drying Comfort. Get Ready for Rain Play;
- QUALITY MATERIAL TO SOVLE YOUR SWEAT AND MOISTRE PROBLEM: THE High Quality 3D Performance Mesh, Provides Perfect Fit and Solve Your Moisture Wicking& Breathable. Very Lightweight and Flexible. A Breathable Design With A Hole Between The Fingers. For GOLFERS WHO HAVE MORE SWEAT IN HOT WEATHER, TRY THIS ONE. It will Develop Your Performance in More Sweat and No slip at All;
- GLOVES NOT IN PAIR ONLY WORN ON YOUR LEFT HAND IN SIZE S M ML L XL AVAILABLE: Please Check the Attached Picture for Hand Orientation. It is NOT SOLD IN PAIR like normal rainy gloves. Just 1 pcs Worn on Your Left Hand for Right-Handed Golfer. It is NOT ONLY FOR RAIN DAY BUT ALSO FOR YOUR ALL WEATHER DAILY PRACTICE. The Sizes Conform with USA Regular Sizes. No Misunderstanding, Happy Purchase;
- WELL PACKAGED AND SAVE YOUR MONEY: You Will Receive the Product Packaged Well in Good Condition. Every Glove Will be Put in a Small Bag at First and Then Into the Paper Package. Double Protection. Spend less, Buy Better Quality Golf Gloves Than the Brand Ones;
- NO RISK AND BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: ALL Finger Ten Products Are Eligible For Amazon 30 Days Return And Change Policy. Finger Ten Aims To Make All Our Customers 100% Satisfied.
These are the perfect kind of gloves for golfers with sweaty palms. That is because these synthetic mesh gloves are designed for playing under hot and cold weather. They are meant to keep your hand dry while providing you with a comfortable fit and feel to your hands. The grip is excellent, and if compared to leather gloves, the finger ten rain grip golf gloves have a better grip in wet conditions. They also dry faster if they come in contact with sweat or water. The only downside of these gloves is that they reduce feel. This is because the layer separating the club from your skin is slightly thick. This, however, does not affect performance as it excels through practice.
Callaway Dawn Patrol Golf Glove
- All Leather Constructions: Great Feel, Fit & Durability
- Perforations On Palm, Fingers And Thumb: Moisture Reduction & Increased Breathability
- Opti Fit Adjustable Closure: Thin, Light & Secure Fit
- Cotton Terry Cuff: Soft Feel & Moisture Absorption
These are also stylish and durable leather golf gloves. This is a classic golf glove with a 100 percent Cabretta leather construction for maximum durability and feel. It boasts of elegance, comfort and has a soft touch to your skin. Because it is leather, the grip is excellent. For breathability, you get a perforated design. Add that to the cotton cuff, and you get a snug fit and extra absorption. Although the Callaway dawn patrol golf glove is everything you ever needed from a golf glove, it has some downsides. It is slippery when wet, and it does not dry faster, making them unsuitable for playing under hot weather or when there is humidity.
MG Golf DynaGrip All-Cabretta Leather Glove
- A thinner (but stronger) and softer Cabretta leather (our most expensive Cabretta leather). Best glove anywhere.
- Noticeably lighter with the most sensitive feel in a golf glove.
- Elastic knuckle hinge for a more comfortable grip without tugging.
- Available in silver-white.
- First-quality only, no seconds!
As the name suggests, this is a 100 percent Cabretta golf glove that will help you master your favorite strokes. Other than being durable, the MG Golf DynaGrip All-Cabretta Leather Glove offers a golfer with an excellent grip and a level of comfort that will make each stroke enjoyable. Available in multiple sizes for both right and left-handed orientations, it is sweat and moisture resistant, meaning you can play in nearly all weather conditions. The glove is hard to resist because it is reasonably priced compared to other leather gloves. It, however, has some notable downsides. It had low durability plus the fabric is too thin, exposing it to the risk of getting torn, more so along the stitches.
Bionic StableGrip Golf Glove
- DURABILITY – This premium golf glove, made of genuine leather, boasts an additional pad on the palm for extra support and lifespan. This pad offers twice the amount of strength in one of the most common places where other golf gloves break down.
- DON’T STRANGLE THAT CLUB–Prevent fatigue and increase grip with our patented anatomical pad relief system evening out the surface of your hand, displacing your grip pressure evenly on the club. Get a lighter grip and stay in full control the whole round.
- SECOND SKIN – Say goodbye to baggy fingers and constantly re-adjusting your wrist strap. This glove’s pre-rotated finger design follows the natural curvature of your hand allowing it to fit like a second skin. Refer to sizing guide for perfect fit!
- PERSPIRATION MANAGEMENT – Lycra between the finger gussets, top of knuckles and running up the pointer finger offer maximum breathability and flexibility during hot, humid rounds. Terrycloth interior on high risk zones manage moisture without losing grip.
- WASH ME! – No matter how hot, rainy, good or bad your round was you can wash it away and start fresh. Machine wash on the delicate cycle with mild soap and no bleach products. Cool air dry flat.
This is more of an innovation aimed at enhancing the general performance of a golfer. With extra paddings over the fingers and palms, this glove equally distributes the grip pressure throughout your hands. This also adds to the lifespan of the glove. It has Lycra between the fingers, and the advantage is, it allows for breathability to avoid your hands from getting sweaty and uncomfortable inside the glove. The kind of technology used to build these gloves also make them suitable for people with arthritis.
Golf gloves are a frequently overlooked piece of golf gear. But to perfect your game, you need a pair. When it comes to picking a golf glove, ensure that it fits like a glove, as the famous saying goes. Also, take a keen interest in the prices because it tells more about the quality of the gloves that you are getting.