A kettlebell is one of the must-have pieces of equipment for routine workouts. From swinging and snatching for more power, to raising and rotating for shoulder stability — these simple cast-iron balls enhance and improve your exercise session.
About the Kettlebell for CrossFit
The Kettlebell CrossFit exercise isn’t the easiest to do. However, it can be done with much ease if the right fitness tool is used. A kettlebell is an essential tool for the CrossFit fitness regimen, so much so that there are many kettlebell brands out there that manufacture different products.
There are several things you want to chew over when picking out kettlebells for your Crossfit training. The strength, balance, durability, comfort, surface, and base are some of the most important things to consider.
5 Best Kettlebells for CrossFit
- Kettlebell King Kettlebells
- Rep Fitness Kettlebells
- Rogue Fitness Kettlebell
- AGM Group Elite Kettlebell
- Yes4ALL Vinyl Coated Kettlebell
For a real investment in kettlebells, we’ve put together our top picks, those that are focused on functionality, durability, and convenience.
1) Kettlebell King Kettlebells
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - We guarantee the structural integrity of the kettlebell for your lifetime. SMOOTH FINISH, Pay close attention to the finish when comparing to images of others. Kettlebell Kings Powder Coat Kettlebells have a smoother finish because our casting process creates a smoother surface to powder coat over. Having a smooth finish protects your hands, wrists and forearms. RECESSED LOGO - all of our bells have recessed logos for better comfort on your hands wrist and forearm
- FREE WORKOUTS, we publish workouts, techniques and how to's you can access with your purchase designed to enhance your workout experience! REVIEWS - Over 100 Five Star Amazon Seller Reviews and thousands 5 Star Reviews Online!
- STRONG GRIP HANDLES - The handles on the powder coat kettlebells are designed for high intensity workouts. The powder coating makes it easier to maintain a strong grip on the kettlebell when your hands are sweating.
- POWDER COATING - The most durable form of kettlebell coating available in the world. Powder coating protects the kettlebell from easily chipping and scratching. Store bought kettlebells are chipped and scratched before you ever take one home. When a kettlebell loses its paint you are not able to maintain grip during workouts and chips can lead to cut up hands and injuries. Our powder coating prevents this from ever happening.
- PRECISION MADE - Kettlebell Kings are made from gravity casting which is the most precise way to create a kettlebell. If a kettlebell is not gravity cast you risk not accurately casting the kettlebell to the same weight and dimensions every time. As molds age the kettlebells will become imprecise if the kettlebell is not gravity cast. Our Powder Coat kettlebells are all made from a single piece of cast iron. Most kettlebells have the handles welded on which makes them break easier
Kettlebell King kettlebells are in a range of 4 to 48 kg. They are forged from gravity casting to ensure the products are always precisely cast to the same dimension and weight. They have powder coating over their cast iron construction, which makes them very safe for use.
The surface texture of the equipment also prevents slippage and accidents. The base is very flat, and that’s why it’s top on the list – they are broad, flat, stable, and can be used for pushup stands.
Kettlebell Kings also don’t wear out no matter how much or how long you use them. The brand is very versatile, durable, and comfortable to use. These features make it an excellent choice for frequent use and high-level workouts.
- Powder-coated; corrosion and rust-resistant.
- Extremely durable.
- The textured handle provides a secure grip.
- The diameter may be too narrow.
2) Rep Fitness Kettlebells
- BUILD STRENGTH, POWER, AND ENDURANCE: Achieve your fitness goals faster with Rep Ketllebells. Quickly improve metabolic conditioning and increase your overall lean muscle mass. Use them for swings, deadlifts, squats, get-ups, snatches and other Cross Training workouts.
- ERGONOMIC AND COMFORTABLE: Our kettlebells feature a lightly textured SmoothGrip matte-black powdercoated handle . The unique coating is designed to provide enough grip for the most grueling workouts without damaging your hands. The matte-textured powdercoat makes chalk unnecessary for most people, and resists chipping better than inferior enamel coatings used by competitors. Chipped enamel will cut into your hands and allow the exposed iron to rust.
- QUALITY FEATURES: Our kettle bells are single-cast for maximum durability, no welded handles here! Each weight is color coded with a ring at the base of each handle, and the bottoms of each bell are flat for pushup and renegade row exercises. Easily select your size at a glance, and move between sizes quickly and safely.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: (1) 53lb/24kg Kettlebell. We also offer a full lineup of sizes: 2.2lb/1kg, 9lb/4kg, 13lb/6kg, 17lb/8kg, 22lb/10kg, 26lb/12kg, 31lb/14kg, 35lb/16kg, 39lb/18kg, 44lb/20kg, 48lb/22kg, 53lb/24kg, 62lb/28kg, 70lb/32kg, 80lb/36kg, 88lb/40kg, 97lb/44kg, 106lb/48kg and several sets to choose from.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Money-back 90 day warranty, and if you're not happy we'll do our best to make it right. Rep Fitness is a full-service equipment company based in Denver, Colorado. We carry a full line of strength and conditioning equipment including benches, barbells, dumbbells, power racks, cardio equipment and more!
These kettlebells come in a weight range of 1 to 48 kg (usually stamped in both lbs and kg) with varying colored bands that help identify the weight quickly. A REP kettlebell has a handle that is lightly textured, giving you a firm grip. It also has a matte-black powder coat finish with no burrs or sharp edges. These kettlebells are perfect for CrossFit exercise and other high-intensity interval pieces of training.
If you need a kettlebell that has the versatility that extends past CrossFit training, then this is a great choice. The single-cast iron design also lasts more than you may need it.
- Available in heavyweights
- It’s in single cast solid iron that improves the durability.
- Matte powder coat gives an excellent texture and grip.
- May be abrasive to the hands when performing high reps
3) Rogue Fitness Kettlebell
This equipment is perhaps the most popular fitness kettlebell amongst CrossFit gyms. It comes in a standard size and has high-quality ruggedness that stands the test of time. It’s available in 17 weight versions, which give you the chance to choose the one that suits your needs. One of its outstanding features is that it is made from first run iron ore. It also has a matte-black powder coat finish that makes it quite comfortable to handle.
If you need a beautiful kettlebell that’s a high-quality solid cast piece with an excellent grip, then the Rogue Fitness Kettlebell is the right choice.
- Single piece cast from first run ore
- Seam-free handles.
- Attractive finish
- Precision machined flat bottom
- Black matte finish that gives superior grip even with sweaty hands.
- Handles aren’t wide enough to contain two hands.
4) AGM Group Elite Kettlebell
- Equipment: Kettlebells
- Medicine Ball Type: Handles
- Material: Synthetic rubber, thermo plastic handle, iron sand
The AGM Group Elite Kettlebell, unlike our previous choices, isn’t entirely made of cast iron. It mainly has a soft covering around the ball area that makes it more comfortable for most exercises while cutting down the possibility of destroying your floor if it drops by chance.
This exercise equipment has a well-balanced handgrip design that makes it feasible for literally any CrossFit fitness regimen.
AGM Group Elite Kettlebell is particularly ideal for slower and more controlled movements. If these are the focus of your CrossFit training, then you should go for this brand.
- Fantastic for endurance training
- Extremely sturdy build
- Well-balanced grip
- Ensures more safety
- Less bulky and stable
- Lighter weight option
5) Yes4ALL Vinyl Coated Kettlebell
- HIGH-QUALITY CAST IRON CONSTRUCTION: Built to last of solid cast iron with no welds, weak spots, or seams. Great for training indoor & outdoor
- DURABLE VINYL COATED FINISH: Encased with vinyl to prevent corrosion, increase durability, reduce noise, protect flooring & enhance appearance
- WIDE, SMOOTH HANDLE: Smooth, high-quality slightly textured handle provides a comfortable & secure grip for high reps, makes chalk no longer necessary
- FLAT BOTTOM FOR STABILITY: Enable upright storage, ideal for renegade rows, handstands, mounted pistol squats & other exercises requiring a kettlebell with a flat bottom
- IDEAL FOR ANY AGE OR GENDER: Wide range of weights ideal for anyone wanting to improve fitness. Used for swings, deadlifts, squats, get-ups & snatches to work out many muscle groups and body parts including biceps, shoulders, legs, & more
The Yes4All Vinyl coated kettlebell is a diversion from the regular kettlebell. With a weight ranging from 2 to 25 kg, it’s a good combination of cast iron and vinyl encasement. The major highlight is that it reduces noise while in use and gives protection to your floor. It has a wide textured handle for better grip, a bit wider than typical kettlebells.
The shiny vinyl coating gives the kettlebell an extremely appealing look and a better experience while in use. The handle is originally in solid steel to cause less irritation and injury to your hands.
The flat bottom mainly helps with renegade rows and exercising. If you need a safer and durable kettlebell for your CrossFit training, you can go for this.
- High-quality and safer handle
- Very appealing look
- Durable coating
- Reduces noise drastically
- It can be a bit weighty
Kettlebell exercise usually requires an adequate level of control and expertise to carry out. It helps you build strength, stamina, and endurance. However, it can only be done correctly with the right kettlebell.
With so many kettlebells brands available, picking a product that has the features that fit your expertise level and what you’re trying to achieve is important. First run iron ore are better for high impact activities, while combined material kettlebells are preferable for less weighty activities.
If you want a versatile kettlebell that meets various needs, we recommend the first on the list, the Kettlebell Kings Powder Coat Kettlebell.