CrossFit is a great form of exercise that gives you the best of both world, strength and cardio training. If you are serious about your exercise and want to monitor your progress, a good fitness tracker is well worth it. In this article, we will be looking at 5 of the best fitness trackers for CrossFit.
Apple Watch Series 5
- Always-On Retina display
- 30% larger screen
- ECG app
If you want a top quality and high tech fitness tracker, and you’re willing to spend a good amount on it, this Apple Watch Series 5 could be right for you.
This Apple Watch has a lot of cool features, such as the fact that you can actually pick up calls and see messages from your iPhone with it. What’s nice is that this watch comes with a large backlit screen with a high resolution, so it’s really easy to read.
This Apple Watch also comes with electrical and optical heart sensors to keep track of your HR, it features advanced workout metrics, it is swim proof, and is compatible with all sorts of physical activities.
What’s nice is that this fitness tracker also allows you to listen to the Apple music library, it comes with a built-in GPS, and it can even provide you with detailed info about your menstrual cycle.
Quite honestly, this might just be the most high tech fitness tracker out there, and it comes with way too many features to list them here.
- Rich in a variety of features
- Advanced fitness metrics monitoring
- Accurate HR monitoring
- Built in GPS and compass
- Phone, text, and music abilities
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Display is a bit clunky
Garmin Vivoactive 3
- GPS smartwatch with music storage and playback
- Easily download up to 500 songs to your watch, and connect with Bluetooth headphones (sold separately) for phone-free listening
- Customize with thousands of free watch faces, apps and more from our Connect IQ store
- More than 15 preloaded sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming, strength training and many more; use preloaded workouts, or create and download custom ones
- Monitor your fitness level with VO2 max and fitness age estimates, plus keep an eye on how you handle stress
This is another high-quality fitness tracker designed for the serious workout enthusiast. Yes, it does cost a pretty penny, but it’s well worth the investment thanks to the feature-friendly design.
The Garmin Vivoactive 3 is a GPS smartwatch, so you can keep track of where you are, distance traveled, pace, and more. This fitness tracker features various sport modes for yoga, running, strength training, and anything in between. It is waterproof and it can be used for swimming.
This smartwatch can monitor your VO2 max as well as all other relevant fitness metrics, and it can monitor your heart rate as well.
The Garmin Vivoactive 3 allows you to store up to 500 songs onboard, plus you can customize the watch face to suit your style. In the smartwatch mode, the battery can last for up to 7 days, but only 5 hours in the GPS mode.
- 15 pre-loaded sport modes
- Music storage capabilities
- HR and VO2 max monitoring
- Lightweight and comfy
- Features GPS
- Battery life in GPS mode is not great
Garmin Vivosmart 4
- Slim, smart activity tracker blends fashionable design with stylish metal accents and a bright, easy to read display.Fits wrists with a circumference of 122-188 mm
- Includes advanced sleep monitoring with REM sleep and can gauge blood oxygen saturation levels during the night with the wrist based Pulse Ox sensor. (Not a medical device and not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition)
- Fitness and health monitoring tools include estimated wrist based heart rate, all day stress tracking, Relaxation breathing timer, Vo2 Max, body battery energy monitor and more
- Features dedicated activity timers for walks, runs, strength training, yoga, pool swims and others; Lens material: Polycarbonate. Strap material: Silicone
- Get vibration alerts for All notifications, including calls, text messages and more (text replies available for Android device users). Display resolution: 48 x 128 pixels
If you need a fairly simple and affordable fitness tracker for CrossFit, something that won’t cost a fortune, but still gets the job done, this Garmin Vivosmart 4 is a cool option.
The Garmin Vivosmart 4 has a lot of features. Although it doesn’t have GPS itself, when synced with your phone, you can use the GPS function to monitor speed, distance, and pace.
As is usually the case, while the battery life is quite good overall, there are some modes which quickly drain it.
When connected to your phone, this fitness tracker will provide you with call, text, email, and other alerts.
This fitness tracker can also keep track of all other relevant fitness metrics, plus it also functions as a HR monitor, a stress monitor, a sleep monitor, and more.
The Garmin Vivosmart 4 is ideal for a variety of sports including running, weight lifting, swimming, cycling, yoga, and so on. Something you may like is how this fitness tracker is very compact, lightweight, and features a really comfortable wrist band.
- GPS capability
- Easy to sync with phone
- Comfy and lightweight
- Fairly durable
- Ideal for a number of sports
- Tracks pretty much everything that can be tracked
- Great price
- Durability is questionable
Garmin Instinct Outdoor Watch
- Rugged GPS watch built to withstand the toughest environments
- Constructed to U.S. Military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (rated to 100 meters)
- Built in 3 axis compass and barometric altimeter, plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, Glonass and Galileo) support helps track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Monitor your estimated heart rate, activity and stress; Train with preloaded activity profiles. Strap material: Silicone
- Stay connected with smart notifications (with a compatible smartphone) and automatic data uploads to the Garmin connect online fitness community
If you want a nice watch that is built for military-level activity, durability, and for being outdoors, the Garmin Instinct Outdoor Watch is worthy of your attention.
The Garmin Instinct Outdoor Watch features multiple types of GPS, so you always know where you are and how fast you are moving. It also comes with a compass, a barometric altimeter, and more.
This outdoor watch will also inform you of the time, date, your heart rate, activity, stress level, and more.
This is a military-grade watch, so you better believe it’s one of the most durable fitness trackers you can get your hands on, plus it has a comfortable and durable silicone strap.
The Garmin Instinct Outdoor Watch actually features quite an impressive battery life. It can last for up to 14 days in normal mode and 16 hours in GPS. 16 hours may not sound like a lot, but it’s actually impressive when compared to other options.
- Great battery life
- Super durable
- Many navigational features
- Fitness, HR, and stress tracking
- Comfy and lightweight
- Quite expensive
- Oriented more towards navigation than fitness
Suunto Spartan Fitness Tracker
- Battery life up to 12 hours in training mode
- Steel bezel, mineral Crystal Glass, and an outdoor grade color touch screen
- Strong and sleek design with100 meter water resistance
- GPS route navigation
- Sport specific training modes and support for over 80 sports with racing and interval use
This high-end fitness tracker watch from Suunto looks as good as it works. It might not be cheap, but it is durable, functional, and reliable.
What is really neat about the Suunto Spartan Fitness Tracker is that it comes with over 80 different sport specific training modes, so it should be usable for any type of exercise out there.
Moreover, it comes with GPS functionality, plus it also monitors all other important fitness metrics.
One of the best features, besides its awesome look, is that it is made with high-quality and tough materials. It is waterproof down to 100 meters.
The battery life of the Suunto Spartan Fitness Tracker is also quite impressive. It can last for up to 10 days in normal mode and 30 hours in GPS mode.
- Super durable
- Great battery life
- Ideal for all sports
- Monitors all relevant metrics
- Looks very nice
- Smartphone compatible
- Quite expensive
- Accuracy is somewhat questionable