If you are looking for an advanced fitness tracker, you want a Fitbit device that will monitor all the necessary movements and fluctuations in your body. You want a fitness watch to make it easy to keep track and improve your fitness.
If you are an extreme athlete or want to improve on various fitness goals, you want to ensure you are getting an advanced fitness tracker and one that is right for your needs.
There are a couple of leading advanced fitness trackers on the market today, the Fitbit Inspire HR and the Fitbit Charge 3. Which of the two is the most ideal fitness tracker for you? What do you want in a fitness tracker? What design do you like the look of?
Let’s dive into some key features and differences and learn more about the Inspire HR vs Charge 3 debate.
1. The Fitbit Charge 3
- Better measure calorie burn, understand resting heart rate & more with 24x7 heart rate tracking and a battery life of up to 7 days (varies with use and other factors); charge time (0 to 100%) 2 hours
- Choose from 15 plus exercise modes like run, bike, swim, yoga, circuit training and more, set a goal, and get real time stats during your workouts to see how you can keep getting better
- Automatically record time spent in light, deep and REM sleep stages, see Activity trends, healthy insights, and personalized guidance in one place with Fitbit today. Operating temperature is -10° to 45° Celsius
- Swim proof and water resistant to 50 meters, so you can track swims and wear in the shower; we do not recommend wearing charge 3 in a hot tub or sauna; also connect to Smartphone GPS for real time pace and distance during outdoor runs and rides
- Stay connected to your day with everyday apps for weather and more and get called, text and smartphone app notifications on your wrist; small wristband fits a wrist between 5.5 to 7.1 inches; large wrist band fits a wrist between 7.1 to 8.7 inches
The Fitbit Charge 3 could be the best ever all-around fitness tracker for a reasonable price. It is an ideal fitness tracker to monitor your movements and keep track of your workouts. It has a 24/7 heart rate monitor so that every minute of your day is recorded.
The Fitbit Charge 3 will monitor your stages of sleep and the time you spend in each stage so that you can monitor if you are getting a good night’s sleep or not, which will ultimately help in adjusting your fitness regimens as well.
It is perfect for multiple active uses, for running, biking, and even swimming up to 50 meters deep. You can choose between more than 15 exercise modes on this fitness tracker so that it will give a precise reading of your activity.
If you want to find out more information on your distance, pace, and tracking your route, you have to connect the device to your smartphone to access its GPS features. The Fitbit Charge 3 also allows you to stay connected with text and smartphone notifications or other alerts from your smartphone.
Since the Fitbit Charge 3 is waterproof, you can keep it on during the shower as well. It has a small touch screen face for easy wear throughout your day and on multiple occasions. Simple, well-equipped, and accurate fitness tracking and reading are many advantages of this Fitbit Charge 3.
2. The Fitbit Inspire HR
- Utilize 24/7 heart rate to more accurately track calorie burn, resting heart rate & heart rate zones during workouts
- Track all day activity, including steps, distance, hourly activity, active minutes and calories burned
- Automatically track sleep, plus due to the heart rate feature, get more insights into your light, deep & REM sleep stages
- Enjoy up to 5 days of battery for daily progress without constant charging. Varies with use and other factors.Charge time (0 100%): Two hours
- Automatically and conveniently record workouts like walks, swimming & bike rides in a snap with SmartTrack.Stores heart rate data at 1 second intervals during exercise tracking and at 5 second intervals all other times
Another option for an advanced fitness tracker is the stylish Fitbit Inspire HR. This fitness tracker has a minimal design with an all-black face and wrist band. It also has a small screen and strap size like the Charge 3; however, the Fitbit Inspire HR has a more easily identifiable side button to start the watch. It is a simple design and very wearable.
The Fitbit Inspire HR utilizes a 24/7 heart rate monitoring system for the most accurate reading throughout your activity and to better distinguish levels during your workout. Additionally, it has sleep tracking that will track your sleeping patterns and the time you spend in different stages of sleep. You can track your steps, movements, and the calories you have burnt as well.
The Inspire HR will automatically recognize your activity, such as walking, biking, or hiking, and you can wear it for swimming. It can be used to track over 15 fitness modes as well. It also can track your activity during sleep and provide you with information on your sleeping patterns
Both advanced fitness trackers have multiple features and similar designs, so how do you choose the right one. Let’s break down some of the key similarities and differences between the Fitbit Inspire HR vs Fitbit Charge 3.
The Charge 3 and the Inspire HR fitness trackers have similar sizes, small, simple single-band design, and shape. Each has a vertical touchscreen, and both fitness trackers have a side button too. The Inspire HR comes in all black providing a uniform look between the screen and the band. The Charge 3, on the other hand, can come in black or rose gold, so it may have a slightly more flashy look.
They each have a different charging cable, both small, with the Charge 3 having a slightly bulkier design for its charging cable.
You want a fitness tracker that will accurately monitor your heart rate over a variety of activities. The Charge 3 and Inspire HR are both equipped with similar sensors to accurately track these levels; however, the Charge 3 has a relative SO2 sensor that can track oxygen levels in your blood and climb stairs where the Inspire HR does not have this ability.
Both versions of fitness trackers have vibration motors and are capable of giving notifications from your smartphone. However, Charge 3 has a few more options when you receive a message. You can see older notifications by swiping the screen, and you are even able to set up smart replies with an Android phone. Inspire HR does not have these added bonuses.
The Charge 3 and the Inspire HR advanced fitness trackers equally have 24/7 heart rate monitoring, have different exercise modes, can track female health cycles, your sleep, show your daily calorie burn, automatically recognize exercise, and are waterproof devices. They are both simple to use by swiping on the screen and using the one side button to go back to the clock face home page.
The Charge 3 has one more Fitbit app than the Inspire HR. Both feature tabs for exercise, relaxation, timers, alarms, and settings, with the Charge 3 also presenting an app for the weather. On both devices, these apps are preloaded and are the only apps available on the fitness trackers.
You can purchase both the Inspire HR and the Charge 3 online or from multiple electronic stores as well. With slightly varying prices, the Charge 3 is generally going to cost a little bit more money, so it is up to you to decide whether the extra features are worth the cost.
How Do you Make a Decision on the Best Advanced Fitness Watch?
Ultimately, your decision comes down to what features you will use and whether the price you pay justifies the fitness capabilities, you will use. The Charge 3 and the Inspire HR are similar in how they look and how they work. They have similar benefits and are both great for advanced fitness training.
With a couple of added functions, the Charge 3 will also add a few extra dollars to your bill, so it’s for you to decide: Is the Charge 3 or the Inspire HR a better-advanced fitness tracker for your fitness needs?
Last update on 2021-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API