The vertical jump is a revered measure of strength in athletes. It is one of the attributes that sports teams look out for when they draft new players.
The ability to perform a high vertical jump is crucial in nearly all competitive games. It is in your best interest to invest your time and effort to get better at jumping.
This article will outline three of the best vertical training programs in detail. Then, it will be up to you to choose one that will help you get the highest jump!
How to Achieve a Vertical High Jump
A player must first have a reservoir of physical strength. How strong a player is determines the kind of explosive force he will exert as needed.
If you have the strength, how you use it matters a lot. You need to know how and when to use that strength.
Do you have a good technique to enhance your jumps? If yes, keep working on it! If not, then get with the program, quite literally.
Choosing a Vertical Jump Training Program
If you’re reading this, you’re likely serious about the idea of getting better at high jumps, but there are some tough decisions to be made at this stage:
- What kind of training is going to give me the best results?
- Which high jump training program should I sign up for?
We have tried to make your decision-making a bit easier with a comprehensive discussion of the three leading vertical jump training programs in 2020.
These three programs are the Vert Shock, the Flight System, and the Jump Manual.
We landed on this trio for the following reasons:
- The training programs show genuine improvement results. The customer reviews speak for themselves.
- The programs are designed by people who have been through similar training for years.
- All three training programs employ well-researched methods that have strong scientific backing.
So, let’s take a look at each option in this quick guide!
The Vert Shock
What hits you the moment you load this program is how aesthetically pleasing it is. The visual and content design work is magnificent. You won’t have any problems following the instructions.
Adam Folker, the main creator of this program, incorporated modern vertical jump techniques in an interactive user interface.
No gym, no weights. This means that you can do your Vert Shock program anywhere you choose. It is the most popular home-based training program for this reason.
This program helps non-athletes and beginners who want to work on their strength and dunks. It eliminates the need for expensive gym memberships and the lifestyle changes that come with weight training.
Vert Shock is largely built around balance, stability, and plyometric workouts. Its primary principle is to make use of your own body weight to train for vertical gains.
What We Liked
- The design team invested a lot of work and effort into the user interface and game design. It is simply magnificent.
- No training equipment is necessary.
- The step by step guide is simple to follow and practice.
- The program takes a relatively short time frame of only 8 weeks.
- The video interface is fun.
- 100% customer satisfaction or money back.
What We Didn’t Like
- If you are a geek for scientific fitness facts, you may be a tad disappointed because they do not explain every theory behind the workouts.
- There are a bunch of in-house basketball ads.
- The downside of using a body weight only design is that you gain less muscle than you may see with gym equipment.
The Flight System is a breath of fresh air in the jump enhancement training industry. It is oriented towards people who have experience with weight training.
While other training plans are openly training for basketball dunks, Flight System is non-exclusive. This is not to say that it will not increase your verticals, but it does so in a manner that is not so focused on jumps specifically.
If your choice is the Flight System, you must be prepared to sweat it out in the gym. A bulk of the drills include power and weight training, alongside Olympic lifting.
Coach Chris Barnard does the workout demo for this series. Workout geeks will have the time of their lives with this one, as there are a lot of explanations on the scientific theories behind each workout.
What We Liked
- Each workout has a superior video demonstration.
- The program applies a science-based jump training approach.
- It’s straightforward to follow workout instructions.
- Flight System isolates each aspect of the vertical jump and develops these steps in detail.
- The demos are fun to watch.
- The creator of this program knows what he is doing, as a world-famous strength training coach.
- The program has a fresh approach to jump training.
What We Didn’t Like
- The price of this program is on the higher side.
- The exercise routine is intense and should be done off-season. Otherwise, it could result in over training.
- Sorry beginners, but this exercise program is not for you.
The Jump Manual
The Jump Manual, true to its name, has exhaustively explained various aspects of the vertical jump training process.
This will be another gem for nerds of science. Jacob Hiller breaks down the complex science theories into easy to follow bits.
Coach Hiller makes some bold claims about his training project. He offers a 60-day guarantee and 10 to 12 inches in vertical gains or a money-back guarantee. We took that as a good sign of his own confidence in the plan.
What We Liked
- The combined action of plyometrics and resistance training provides better higher vertical gains than a sole bodyweight training approach.
- Face to face coaching services are included.
- On purchase, you get a gift set.
- It is easy to track your progress with progress trackers.
- The program is updated with new content regularly.
- The workout is backed by medical and scientific research.
- The comprehensive program layout ensures that you keep gaining higher jumps.
- You can opt for increasing complex drills to avoid stalling in the plateau phase.
- The topic of appropriate diet and nutrition for recovery and bodybuilding is extensively covered.
What We Didn’t Like
- For optimum results, you need to use weights.
- If you take the program on-season, delayed muscle soreness onset may hinder your performance.
These are all high-quality training programs that continuously demonstrate proven results. So, whatever decision you make in terms of a vertical jump training program to purchase, follow the instructions to the end. That is the only way to earn the highest jump of your life.