Ever completed a tough running session only to be in agony when you try running the next day? Running can be hard on the feet, legs and body. Only if there was a solution to this. What if I told you there is? Two words – compression socks!
Compression socks come with many benefits for both recreational trail runners and elite athletes. A good pair will help keep you active, push blood to the muscles and prevent fatigue during your runs. Compression socks also help speed up your recovery, lessen leg pain and swelling.
Compression socks don’t just make your legs look extra colorful, here’s how they work. They act like an additional layer of protection on your body. Blood mostly settles in the lower parts of the body. By putting pressure on specific areas, they help to return blood to the heart, making blood flow more efficient. The result is increased VO2 Max and lower production of lactic acid. That means less cramps and better stamina for long-distance running.
Best Compression Socks For Running 2020
When purchasing compression socks for running, there are a few factors to consider. For starters, you should go for snug-fitting socks that are stretchy enough to give your legs a gentle squeeze. They come in different lengths; some are only ankle-high while others go all the way up to the thighs.
You have probably seen your favorite athletes wear long compression socks that cover the calf during training or when competing. The reason is simple. The larger the surface area of the sock, the better the reduction of muscle vibration and improvement in blood flow.
Check for the level of compression. Opt for a brand that lists the grade of compression. Rated in mmHg, some brands don’t give this information to users. The info means that you’re not just getting socks that are tight but real compression. There are 3 primary levels of compression: 30-40 mmHg, 20-30mmHg and 15-20 mmHg. Get yourself a pair that’s appropriate for your needs.
There are also different fabrics. There are sheer fabrics and fabrics that resemble leggings. Some socks use moisture-wicking to keep your feet cold while others use thermal layering to do the opposite. The type of material affects how the socks look, perform and durability.
If you want the above-discussed marginal gains, here are 5 of the best compression socks for running in 2020.
2XU Vectr Cushion Full Length
- The only graduated compression technology proven to improve performance and speed recovery
- This performance sock is anatomically designed to provide advanced plantar facial and arch support with light cushioning (2.5mm) for increased comfort without the bulk
- Anti-abrasion seamless toe cage for protection and zoned mesh ventilation for increased breathability
- Full length cut for maximum compression benefits
- ; Unisex sizing
2XU is not the cheapest brand in this list, but their products never disappoint. The brand focuses on compression fitness gear, so they know what they are doing. Much thought has gone into this product. The socks are designed with proprioceptive arch stabilization to make it easy for you to move easily. The maximum amount of cushioning helps support push-off, forefoot impact and heal impact. To keep your feet ventilated, the socks have incorporated moisture-wicking fabrics into the design. Thanks to the Polygiene permanent antibacterial and anti-odor technology, your feet will smell fine after a long day or running. If you want premium compression socks that tick all imaginable compression-related boxes (fatigue, recovery, oscillation and muscle vibration), look no further than 2XU Vectr Cushion Full Length.
Blitzu Compression Socks
- ✔ COMPRESSION THERAPY TECHNOLOGY - Provides true graduated compression to promote blood circulation and oxygen flow, prevent cramping, fatigue, swelling, help muscle recovery, spider, varicose veins and diabetic. Use them on a plane during that 9 hr flights or during that 6 mile walk. Your durable (20 - 30 mmHg) socks work with your routine. Feel the shock absorption effect instantly that really helps reduce fatigue and swelling in your lower leg!
- ✔ BLITZU KINESIOLOGY TAPING DESIGN - The One-of-a-Kind compression socks that combine the stability of kinesiology taping with the performance of compression fabric. Perfect for Relief of varicose veins or other leg swelling issues. Support your foot, heel, arch, ankle, and calf. Use it every day, night, or both. Prevent blood clots after surgery and Fits well unlike other Dr. prescribed Stiff varieties. The toe area won’t squeeze your aching toe joints. Instant comfort & support GUARANTEE!
- ✔ DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES - Bring more energy into your feet. It's perfect for jobs that require you to be on your feet a lot. It's also a must have for any leg intensive activity such as Marathon, Running, Hiking, Gym Fitness Training, Basketball, Cycling, Weightlifting and more. Perfect for extreme races and long runs!
- ✔ PROFESSIONAL HIGH GRADE QUALITY - Made of Power+ Premium Performance Fabric. A must have for men, women and elder at any age. The superior grade circular knit structure delivers 360-degree stretch for greater flexibility and durability. Stay put Cuffs & Soothing feeling at the bottom and sides of foot, with no pinching. Sleek, stylish, fashionable design with many colors available.
- ✔ BUY IT NOW AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE INSTANTLY - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE- Your satisfaction is our guarantee! We Promise These Are The Most Perfect Fitting, Maximum Swelling Reducing, Highest Pain Relieving, Longest Lasting Compression Socks You Will Ever Own. If you don't absolutely love your compression socks for any reason, let us know and we'll refund your money back or send you a replacement! That is how confident we are that you will LOVE it!
If you’re in the market for an all-round, durable pair of compression socks that support sore/healing legs and provide excellent compression, Blitzu Compression socks are a great choice. Available in several color combinations to match your outfit, these socks will give you a natural and flexible feel that will make your running events endurable. True graduated compression will help promote blood and oxygen circulation, pull out lactic acid, help muscle recovery and prevent fatigue. The Blitzu kinesiology design will help relieve varicose veins and other leg swelling issues. Being breathable means they will help prevent wet, sweaty feet and foot odor. They are not just meant for running; you can use the socks when working out, hiking, cycling and for everyday use.
Physix Gear Compression Socks
- STYLE AND CONFIDENCE ON YOUR LEGS – Finally! A Durable Compression Sock designed to last, without compromising quality or Comfort. Double stitched Fabric your legs will thank you. Feel the immediate Comfort and remarkable design of your new Stamina Long Sock Tights. The Perfect Work, Cycling, or Ski Socks. Quality stitched & Easy to get on even though they are a compression sock! They Wash well without losing compression keeping all the Excellent vascular toning benefits.
- BECAUSE PUSHING YOURSELF THAT EXTRA MILE MATTERS! Get your blood circulating in style! Great for relief of varicose veins, Calf Compression or other leg swelling issues. Use it every day night or both. Prevent Blood clots after surgery & Fits well unlike other Dr. prescribed Stiff varieties. The compression & support is perfectly located on Heel Foot Calves and the toe area wont squeeze your aching toe joints. Instant comfort support. Moisture wicking properties rapidly air dry in a few hours.
- TAKE YOUR GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL – Comfortable material and careful construction. No stitches in places where they'll rub or rip together. Stay put Cuffs Soothing feeling at the bottom and sides of foot with no pinching seen with lesser quality socks without ankle support. Fall in love with your new Stamina socks easy to pull on. and they breath! Use in extremely hot weather crossfit through mud water wall/crawl/rope climbs and half marathons. Perfect for extreme races and long runs!
- GRAB CONTROL OF YOUR WELLBEING IN STYLE – An Excellent compression hose very durable with a fashionable look and variety colors available. Washable designed with Quality Lycra Fabric built for durability. Customers agree the comfort is amazing. Use them on a plane during that 9 hr flights or during that 6 mile walk Your durable 20 - 30 mmHg sleeves work with your routine. Feel the shock absorption effect instantly that really helps reduce fatigue and swelling in your lower leg.
- GET READY. TO BECOME A RAVING FAN! – We cut no corner in our product and will cut no corners in our support of you! You are making a very intelligent decision doing business with our company. We know you're a big deal and we'll only provide you with the finest product and service around or your MONEY BACK! Add your Stamina Compression Socks to your Cart and experience the Physix Gear Sport customer experience phenomenon! Add to cart now to begin the amazing journey!
We included Physix Gear Compression socks because of their overall performance, quality, comfort, durability and value. Providing 20-30 mmHg of compression, these socks are suitable for runners, long-distance travelers, elite athletes and other sporting professionals who are on their feet most of the day. They feature non-slip moisture-wicking construction for extra support or therapy. These socks have a highly breathable, comfortable and durable fabric that provides just the right amount of compression and support in the foot, heel, toe and calves. The socks will help improve circulation, reduce swelling and provide relief to fatigued legs. Thanks to the stay-put cuffs, your socks won’t fall down. These breathable socks are made of a nylon blend that wicks moisture away from your legs, fight fungus and bacteria. All these features make them perfect for beginners and pros alike.
MudGear Premium Compression Socks
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: Originally designed to withstand harsh outdoor conditions of trail running, and military-style obstacle races like Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. These knee-high compression socks are made in the USA from extra strong yarns. The durability of this sock also makes it perfect for hiking, mountain biking, trail running, hunting, or any other heavy-duty activity.
- VERSITILE COMFORT FOR ANY ACTIVITY: A proprietary yarn blend provides comfort and superior moisture-wicking properties, which helps to prevents blisters, and keeps you dry, cool, comfortable during long miles on the trail, or extended hours on your feet. True compression helps to keep dirt and debris out of your socks, and our extra tough fabric prevents cuts and abrasions during any activity.
- TRUE GRADUATED COMPRESSION: By applying moderate pressure to your lower leg, ankle, and foot, MudGear compression socks promote increased blood flow, which provides health and performance benefits. Our socks are rated at 15-20 mmhg - pressure is highest at the ankle and decreases towards the knee. Perfect for boosting performance or for medical support and pain relief.
- HEALTH, PERFORMANCE, AND RECOVERY: These long compression socks work to stabilize muscles, reduce lactic acid build up, and improve performance during strenuous exercise. After your workout, they provide relief from aches, pains, fatigue, reduce swelling, and prevent soreness. Also excellent for airplane travel or any activity with prolonged standing and sitting. Excellent for maternity use and post surgery recovery.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Our products are proudly made in the USA and have been tested by obstacle racers, first responders, nurses, and athletes of all types since 2012 We are so confident in our products that If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, simply contact us for a prompt refund or exchange.
These moisture-wicking socks are constructed tough for athletic runners. Built for daily wear and obstacle course racing, the socks have a heavy-duty construction. They will help reduce fatigue in your muscles, boost blood circulation, get rid of that bad lactic acid and maintain a healthy climate through intense competitions. The socks are made to be worn from the toe to the knee. The consistent applied pressure throughout helps you be pain-free and aid in quick recovery. If you run marathons, you probably get blisters. These socks are made with friction-free material to protect you from getting blisters, cuts and bruises in obstacle course races.
Rockay Vigor Graduated Compression Socks
- ↑ package dimensions above | INCREASED BLOOD FLOW & FASTER RECOVERY - a sock that increases blood flow in your legs, so you can train longer, harder and more frequently. Our sock keeps your foot and calves stable and reduces muscle tears and vibrations during high intensity activities. The compression will benefit your legs during recovery and reduces Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.
- WE OFFER LIFETIME GUARANTEE - We stand by the quality of our all our running gear & take care of our customers.. This is not the kind of sock you replace after 10 washes! Every inch of this sock has been tested for maximum durability in extreme conditions like ultra-marathons & obstacle course races
- 100% RECYCLED MATERIALS - We produce our products from 100% recycled materials. By purchasing our products, you help to upcycle marine waste from our oceans. Our Partner Econyl collects old fishing nets and other waste from the Oceans, and produces a premium regenerated Nylon yarn, enabling us to create our high-end compression socks.
- 1 PAIR = 22 PLASTIC BOTTLES REMOVED FROM THE OCEAN - Rockay has partnered with ReSea Project to remove 125g of plastic from the ocean for every pair of socks we sell (the equivalent of 22 plastic bottles). This is a part of our commitment to help regenerate our damaged ecosystems and clean up our planet.
- ANTI-ODOR & PERFORMANCE CUSHIONING - Our socks are treated with Polygiene Stay Fresh Technology and are odor-free! This means you can wear them more and wash them less. The socks comes with cushioning in the toes and heel areas. This sock was tested to excel for all running, walking and hiking activities.
The Rockay Vigor Graduated Compression Socks are designed with you and the planet in mind. With a 4.9 out 5 stars, they are the highest-rated compression socks in this list. They offer an impressive graduated compression at 16-23 mmHg to help you say goodbye to painful exercises. So what’s graduated compression? This technology is meant to keep the most and best circulation in your feet and legs. It applies the right amount of pressure where needed and reduces up the leg to ensure smooth circulation of blood. The socks are made with 100 percent recyclable materials that are comfortable to the leg and help to wick away moisture. You get arch support and soft cushioning underneath the heel. Polygiene Stay Fresh Technology protects you from bad odor. The socks have been tested for maximum durability in extreme conditions. They are backed by a lifetime warranty, that’s how much Rockay believes in this product.
A pair of compression socks will help you recover faster and run better. If you want to improve your distance, pace, or just make running more comfortable, pick a pair from our list.
Don’t get it twisted; this doesn’t mean that you ignore your running technique, but some extra protection comes in handy.