Last Updated on January 25, 2023 by admin
Pea protein powder is an excellent plant based protein supplement. It has a high level of readily bioavailable BCAAs, a full range of amino acids, and high levels of protein. Most pea protein powders are rich in iron and easily digestible. They are hypoallergenic as they are free from soy, dairy, and are gluten free.
There is an increasing range of pea protein in the market with a variety of formulations! If you’ve been looking to try plant based protein, and want to try pea protein powder, this article is for you. Below is a review of the best pea protein powders on Amazon.
12 Best Pea Protein Powders on Amazon
1. PlantFusion Complete Plant Based Pea Protein Powder
- OUR “FUSION” OF PLANT PROTEIN: We start with five different plant proteins concentrated to 21g per serving. Then add critical BCAAs and glutamine for recovery and muscle energy. Finally add a dash of digestive enzymes so that anyone can enjoy without gas or bloating. There is nothing like The Fusion!
- NATURALLY DELICIOUS: Our vegetarian protein mixes smooth and tastes delicious because we’re the only shake in the world to contain Flavor Pure, a trademarked blend of monk fruit, lucuma fruit, yacon root, and a pinch of stevia. Does not contain rice protein which can leave a dry, chalky taste in your mouth.
- CLEAN PROTEIN POWDER: Absolutely no fillers like acacia fiber and rice dextrin which you’ll find in cheaper, low quality protein powders. We only use complete proteins that are dairy free, gluten free, soy free and contain no artificial ingredients or chemicals.
- PROTEIN POWDER FOR SMOOTHIES AND BAKING: Now you can create more than just shakes and smoothies, because PlantFusion works great in recipes and baking too.
- THE PLANT BASED EXPERTS: PlantFusion was one of the pioneers of plant based supplements over a decade ago. All products are produced under cGMPs (current Good Manufacturing Practices) and adhering to US FDA guidelines. All ingredients and finished goods are subjected to rigorous 3RD party analytical testing.
PlantFusion Complete Plant Based Pea Protein Powder is effective at building and repairing muscles, and supplies a wide range of nutrients. It is also aimed at providing sustained energy.
It constitutes a unique blend of organic sprouted superfoods, algae, peas, and artichokes. It also contains quinoa and amaranth powder. All the plant sources are organic and handpicked.
The blend is fused with digestive enzymes for easy digestion and to prevent bloating or constipation. One serving (30g) delivers 10 g of protein, 3 g of fat, and 2 g of carbohydrates. It is also rich in potassium, sodium, iron, and calcium
The pea protein powder blend has a naturally delicious chocolate flavor. It does not contain any kind of added sugar, artificial sweetener, colors, or additives.
This protein supplement is hypoallergenic. It is dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, and lactose-free. It does not contain fish, shellfish, tree nuts, or eggs. It is vegan-friendly and suitable for people with celiac and lactose intolerance. It is non-GMO project verified, Kosher and USDA Organic certified.
It comes as a 2 lb package and is available in 5 flavor options, including chocolate, creamy vanilla, natural, red velvet, and cookies and cream.
2. Anthony’s Premium Pea Protein Powder
- Premium Pea Protein Isolate from Canada, Packed in California
- Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Plant Based Protein Source, Non-GMO
- Unflavored and Unsweetened – Excellent for Powdered Blends
- Use it as a base for protein shakes, blend it into smoothie bowls, add it to yogurt, baked goods, protein bars and more!
This is a premium quality pea protein isolate. It is made in Canada and packaged in California. Each batch is tested and verified to be gluten-free. It is made from non-GMO plants and has a natural unflavored and unsweetened taste. It does not contain any additives.
The pea protein blend is suitable for use in yogurts, protein bars, and smoothies. It is suitable for both vegetarians and vegans. It is also keto-friendly. It makes a great option for whey and soy protein powders if you are allergic to lactose or soy.
This is a high protein, low-calorie supplement. The protein powder does not have any fats or cholesterol, and it contains less than 1 g of carbohydrates. The serving provides 8g of protein and 2.3mg of iron.
3. NOW Sports Nutrition Pea Protein
- NOW Sports products are comprehensively tested so you can trust that our products are pure and effective for every level of athletics.
- PURE PEA PROTEIN POWDER: Pea Protein is a non-GMO vegetable protein isolate that has 24 grams of easily-digested protein.
- PLANT-BASED WITH BCAAs: Each 1 scoop serving typically has over 4,200 mg of branched-chain amino acids and over 2,000 mg of arginine.
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968.
NOW Sports Nutrition Pea Protein powder is unflavored yellow pea protein. The non-GMO yellow peas isolate is easily digestible. It is packed with essential amino acids and BCAAs.
Each serving, a 36g scoop, contains over 4,200 mg of branched-chain amino acids and 2,000mg of arginine. It also contains 24g of protein, 2g of fat, and less than a 1g carbohydrate.
It is third-party tested for over 220 banned substances by LGC and has the Informed-Sport seal. LGC is the global assurance program for anti-doping. It is also GMP Quality assured and certified for potency and safety.
It is also allergen-free and does not contain soy or dairy. It is also non-GMO and does not contain any sweeteners or additives.
4. Ora Organic Vegan Protein Powder
- All Organic & Plant-Based Protein: Our organic plant-based protein powder formula is made from all-natural ingredients including 21 grams of protein and 4 grams of carbs, all the while being completely vegan. We include 20+ superfoods for added micronutrients and all essential amino acids to ensure you get the most out of your post-workout routine.
- Amazing Taste & Texture: Our protein blends easily and come in flavors that are delicious on their own or effortlessly complement many food recipes and smoothies.
- Great for Moms & Kids: Heavy metal tested. Safe for kids and breastfeeding or pregnant mamas.
- The Cleanest Ingredients: Clean, vegan, non-GMO, whole-food ingredients sourced from USDA Organic certified farms. Free from gluten, dairy, fillers, sugar, and artificial ingredients. Heavy metal tested.
- Protein Powder for Sensitive Stomachs: Our inclusive plant-based protein formula makes use of pea protein as well as rice protein, also includes digestive enzymes to help break down the plant protein, which helps eliminate bloating while maximizing absorption.
Ora Organic Vegan Protein Powder is made using the highest quality ingredients. It is derived from whole-food ingredients sourced from USDA organic certified farms.
It is a non-GMO and gluten-free plant based protein powder. It is also free of dairy, fillers, sweeteners, and additives. It has been tested for heavy metals making it safe for kids, breastfeeding, and pregnant women.
It includes a blend of over 20 superfoods to provide a wide range of micronutrients and all the essential amino acids. These super foods include cranberry, blueberry, sacha inchi, hemp, prompted quinoa, amaranth, pomegranate, blackberry, turmeric, coconut milk, broccoli, strawberry, kale, acai, and artichoke. It also contains both pea protein and rice protein.
The protein powder is fused with protease, amylase, lactase, cellulose, and neutral lipase digestive enzymes for easy digestion and maximum absorption. As such, it does not cause bloating or other digestion issues.
The organic plant-based protein powder is available in three flavors namely, vanilla, vanilla chai, and chocolate. It is flavored and sweetened with natural vanilla flavor, organic stevia extract, organic cocoa, natural chocolate flavor, and organic brown rice syrup. It blends easily with various foods, beverages, and smoothies.
5. Olympian Lab Pea Protein
- 25 g Complete Organic Plant Based Protein per serving
- Balanced amino acid profile with BCAA’s
- Easy digestibility/Less bloating
- No Trans Fat, No Cholesterol
- Vegan, Non GMO, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free
It is a pure pea protein isolate derived from organic yellow peas. It contains over 80% protein content. A 31.25g serving contains 25 g of protein. It also contains 1 g of dietary fiber, 2 g of carbohydrates, and 5 g of fat. Its 9 mg iron content provides 47% of the daily recommended amount.
The isolate is easily digestible and supports lean muscle mass. It has a balanced amino acid profile and over 4000mg BCAAs.
It is cholesterol, dairy, gluten, and soy-free, and does not contain allergens such as tree nuts, nuts, shellfish, and fish. It is vegan-friendly, paleo acceptable, and diabetes-friendly.
It is available in two flavor options, unflavored and chocolate. The chocolate flavor is sweetened with chicory root fiber, stevia extract, salt, and xylitol. It is then flavored with natural vanilla, natural cocoa, and natural chocolate flavor.
6. Naked Pea Protein Powder
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Yellow Pea Protein with zero additives. Naked Pea contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO-Free, Soy Free and Gluten-Free.
- VEGETARIAN AND VEGAN PROTEIN POWDER: Dairy Free and made solely from raw yellow peas grown on environmentally friendly farms in both the USA and Canada.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 27g of Protein, 2g of Sugar, 2g of Carbs, 120 Calories, and 5.7g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- PROTEIN SHAKES AND RECIPES: Create pure pea protein shakes, vegan smoothies and healthy green drinks. Provide your body with the daily protein it needs by adding to tea, sauces, and other recipes.
- CLEAN MUSCLE GAINS: Now pea protein can help maintain a clean diet, but you can also use our vegan pea protein powder in pre and post workout shakes, smoothies and recipes for maximum recovery.
This is another pure pea protein isolate. It is made from yellow split peas which are sourced from environmentally friendly farms in the US and Canada. It is processed using a water extraction method to ensure no chemicals in the powder.
The one-ingredient plant-based protein powder does not contain additives, artificial sweeteners, colors, or flavors. It is GMO-free, soy-free, and gluten-free. It is also dairy-free and lactose-free making it suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Each serving contains 27g of protein, 2g of sugar, 2g of carbs, and 5.7g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids). It also has a full profile of the essential amino acids.
7. Zammex Premium Organic Pea Protein Powder
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: USDA Organic Certification, pure organic pea protein from canada sourced yellow peas, NON-GMO, Gluten free,Soy free,Dairy free, Vegan friendly, NO artificial flavors, Sugar,Coloring, or other ingredients. To minimize the natural flavor, dissolve the powder in coffee, teas, smoothies and or baked goods.
- RICH NUTRITIONS: 27 gram of protein,18 amino acids ,5.1G BCAA,1.2G dietary fiber,120 calories,easy to digest,help muscle growth and recovery,promot heart health,maintain healthy weight.
- GOOD SUPPLEMENT: Hydropea protein is a low-calorie food, can help maintain a clean diet, It helps regulate appetite and aid in weight loss.combining with the good workout, you can get the maximum recovery.
- EASY TO USE: The natural smell or taste is to be expected. Partially hydrolyzed technology eliminates the grany found of the plant protein, we recommend that you can add pea protein in your favorite shake, smoothie and baking recipes to get the protein supplement.
- 100% SATISFACTION: We maintain a strict quality assurance guideline.If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we will happy to refund or arrange the spa0fd-20nt.
This organic hydrolyzed pea protein is made in the US using yellow peas that are sourced from Canada. The one-ingredient protein powder does not contain artificial flavors, sugar, or coloring. It is unflavored and unsweetened, and is soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and does not contain allergens. It is GMP quality assured and USDA organic certified.
Since it is partially hydrolyzed, it has a great taste and mixes well in your favorite recipes and drinks. It is also easy to digest and the nutrients are readily available for absorption to promote muscle recovery and growth and heart health.
Each 34g serving is made up of 2 scoops. It contains 27 grams of protein, 18 amino acids, 5.1g BCAA, 1.2g dietary fiber, and delivers 120 calories.
8. Probiotic Vanilla Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
This is a pea protein powder infused with probiotics to promote gut health while enabling you to meet your daily recommended protein intake.
The pea protein and probiotic blend is suitable whether you are vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, ketogenic, or omnivorous. It is easy to digest and helps to restore your gut biome.
It has a smooth texture and an amazing taste. It is mildly sweet with organic coconut palm sugar and does not contain artificial sweeteners or stevia. It is available in two flavors – Probiotic Cacao and Probiotic Vanilla.
The high protein powder packs 18-21 grams of protein per 25-gram serving, 2 grams of carbs, and provides only 90 calories. It contains all nine essential amino acids.
9. Nutrasumma 100% Plant Based Fermented Pea Protein Powder
- Nutrition: 20g of Protein, 0g of Sugar, 2g of Carbs, 100 Calories per serving.
- Ingredients: No Additional Ingredients.
- Quality: Made From the Most Natural Non-GMO Source to Ensure Product Integrity. Manufactured in the USA following all GMP Standards.
- Natural: No Artificial Flavors, Sweeteners or Colors. Vegan-Friendly, NON-GMO, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free.
- Process: Fermented for Optimum Digestion and Bioavailability.
This fermented pea protein will promote optimal health and body functions. It is a functional food that can be added to a wide range of recipes, including mac and cheese, smoothies, and oatmeal among others. It has a neutral taste and is suitable for both kids and adults. It is easy to digest.
The unflavored pea protein is non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and allergen-free. It does not contain any artificial flavors, sweeteners, or colors. It meets all GMP standards.
A 25g serving contains 20g of protein, 0g of Sugar, 2g of Carbs, and 100 Calories.
10. Naturade Plant Based Vegan Pea Protein
- Vegan Formula
- 100% Soy and Dairy Free
- 100% Gluten Free
- 100% Cholesterol Free
This pea protein is highly soluble, easy to digest, and hypoallergenic. It is made using high-quality yellow peas from Belgium known as Pisane. It contains all nine essential amino acids and is high in protein. One 36 serving contains 20 grams of protein, 4 g of fat, and 8 g of carbohydrates.
Naturade Pea Protein is natural with no additives, artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners. It is non-GMO, 100% gluten-free, cholesterol-free, soy-free, and dairy-free. It is suitable for vegetarians, vegans, athletes, children, and people who are keen on a low carbohydrate diet.
11. Solo Organic Pea Protein Powder
- EXCEPTIONAL PEAS – Solo Pea Protein is made from organic yellow peas grown in Canada
- SUPERIOR NUTRITIONAL PROFILE – 30g of Protein – A complete amino acid profile with 5.5g BCAAs, rich in iron and a good source of calcium. Blends well with water with a smooth taste. Perfect for smoothies, post Workout recovery and meal spa0fd-20nt.
- LOW IN SODIUM – In most extractions of pea proteins, salt solutions is used as the primary extracting agent. The trade-off for such clean extraction free from harsh chemicals is a hefty load of sodium in the extracted proteins. Folona SoLo Pea Protein undergoes one additional step to gently remove the unwanted sodium via our pH-dependent water-based proprietary technology.
- BOOST ENERGY LEVELS & PROMOTE WEIGHT MANAGEMENT – Pea protein provides High-Quality amino acids that are essential in building strong bones, muscles, and healthy tissue, which is also the key for energy production. Pea protein is a low-calorie food without the unhealthy fats. It helps regulate appetite and aid in weight loss.
- 100% SATISFACTION – MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – If you are not satisfied with our product, you are protected by our no questions-asked, money-back-guaranteed policy. Our products are manufactured in a GMP certified facilities in the USA. That’s why we back every order with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee so you can shop with confidence.
The Solo Organic Pea Protein Powder is made with organic yellow peas sourced from Canada. It is manufactured in a GMP-certified facility in the USA. It is non-GMO, 100% gluten-free, cholesterol-free, soy-free, and dairy-free, and does not contain fish, shellfish, tree nuts, or eggs.
It has a superior nutritional profile with a complete range of essential amino acids, iron, and calcium. A 35g scoop contains 30g protein, less than 1g carbohydrates, 2.7g fat, and 5.5g BCAAs
12. Green Thumb Foods – Pea Protein Powder
- PEA PROTEIN: Stay satisfied! A delicious & nutritious plant-based protein powder. Made simply with natural, dried yellow peas and fermented into a versatile, digestible and bloat-free, lean protein supplement. Our shelf-stable powder has a neutral taste, smooth texture and packs 20g of pure vegan pea protein per serving!
- POWERFUL POWDER: Much to love, limitless possibilities! Unsweetened, untainted, and keto-friendly, Pea Protein Powder is a clean, powerhouse ingredient to keep you satisfied longer, helping to curb appetite and manage weight. Add this carb-free unflavored pea protein to smoothies for an excellent pre and post-workout boost. You can even mix into your favorite recipes for enhanced nutrition benefits!
- NATURALLY DELICIOUS: So good you won’t even know it’s there! Unlike other plant-based foods and protein powders, this one doesn’t taste like grass or dirt and won’t overpower. We use only the wholesomest fermented pea isolate for a nutritious powder that plays well with food, letting the flavors of your smoothies and recipes stand out!
- ONE INGREDIENT: Fermented Simply Pea Protein.That’s it! Our Pea Protein Powder is never complicated with gums, added sugar, sweeteners like stevia, additives, or preservatives. There’s no junk, like glyphosates or gluten, and it is always free of animal products, dairy, nuts, or soy—just simple, satisfying North American yellow peas from Mother Nature!
- SHAKE OR BAKE: Incredibly enriching and easy to use! Whether you shake it up or bake it in, it’s simple to boost the protein of your favorite drinks and goodies. For shakes or smoothies: Blend 1 scoop of unflavored protein powder to 6-12 oz of your favorite beverage or smoothie. When baking or cooking with pea protein, substitute pea protein in place of half your recipes’ flour.
This plant-based protein powder is made with natural, dried, and fermented yellow peas. It digests easily. It has a smooth texture and neutral taste. You can consume it as a pre or post-workout.
One 30g serving provides 20 grams of protein, 2.5 g fat, and no carbohydrates. It is suitable for most diets including keto, vegetarian, vegan, low-carb high-protein, and paleo.
Is Pea Protein Better than Whey Protein?
Both whey protein powder and pea protein powder contain high levels of protein and amino acids. They are both effective at building muscle and providing energy. However, each type of protein powder is suited for different circumstances. The best choice between the two depends on your dietary needs and personal preference.
Pea protein powder is more suitable for vegans, vegetarians, and lactose-intolerant individuals who want plant protein. It’s an effective protein source for those who want to avoid animal protein when making a daily protein shake.
Pea protein powders on the market range from single-ingredient pea protein isolate to multiple superfood blends. Some are infused with digestive enzymes to enhance their digestibility. The best pea protein powders are made of organic, non-GMO yellow peas and do not contain allergens.