With the decreasing popularity in boxing and the soaring number of fight fans switching their loyalties to WEC and UFC, it’s no surprise that MMA gear sales have skyrocketed.
Unlike boxing, MMA, an acronym for Mixed Martial Arts, has little to offer in terms of safety and protective gear. Nonetheless, it doesn’t imply that an MMA fighter is all punching and kicking bare-knuckled.
If there’s one piece of crucial MMA safety gear, it’s an excellent pair of gloves. These are typically for protection, given that MMA is no easy feat. Like most contact sports, having a flimsy piece of equipment can jeopardize your health and safety.
Although at best, you’ll end up with a wrecked pair of gloves, at worst, you can injure your fists, knuckles, and wrists. With a wealth of options that have littered the market, choosing the best MMA gloves for you can be an uphill battle.
Luckily, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve done the heavy lifting by narrowing down your search to the 8 most comfortable options. They’ll provide unmatched wrist, hand, and finger protection, while leaving your fingers and hands unoccupied and mobile for movement.
1. Best Overall: RDX MMA Gloves
- Maya hide leather for durability. The leather quality offers better for tractability, crack resistance, wear and tear and more. The hard-wearing material is ideal for MMA, Kickboxing, Muay Thai and more.
- Tri-Slab PC3 Padding deliver eventual protection and is exclusively designed for impact resistance. Tri-layered padding offers prime punching safety when you train and compete. It flawlessly dispenses shock across the surface of the gloves evenly.
- Dual Quick EZ Hook-and-Loop closure offers compact wrist support and super easy on-and-off application. The strap is ergonomically designed owing to the requirements of pros around the world, the wide EZ closure deliver secureness at par excellence.
- D. Cut curved open palm design for natural grip against rod or bar. It is designed to promote airflow to keep hands ventilated and dry. Also assists really well in clinching activities.
- Tightly packed needle work allows the fighting gloves to retain their shape even after grueling training sessions, be it against the boxing bag, speed ball workout or with your sparring partner.
Boasting a 4.4-star rating along with being Amazon’s #1 Best Seller for Martial Arts Training Gloves, RDX MMA gloves deliver quality and affordability rolled into one. For unmatched durability and reliability, these gloves are strengthened with 100% authentic Maya hide leather. With this material, you can rest easy knowing your hands are protected in every punch you throw as well as immense grappling.
The top-grade hide leather also delivers impressive resistance to tractability, wear and tear, and cracking, making these gloves a great option for punching on heavy bags. They feature Polymax three-slab padding, providing much-needed protection and impact resistance.
Meanwhile, its three-layered padding ensures unrivaled punching safety during tournaments or training sessions. It’s a beast at guaranteeing uniform shock distribution and a power extension.
These training gloves are built with a D-Cut palm that delivers a natural and firm grip against a rod or bar. Meanwhile, the open palms are built to aid in increased airflow, keeping your hands well-ventilated and dry.
For a snug fit, the RDX MMA gloves are well-equipped with the improved Loop closure coupled with Quick EX Hook. It provides an easy and quick off and on application and compact wrist support. To prevent them from slipping off, the gloves have a wide EX closure and an ergonomically-built strap.
- Excellent wrist protection
- Available in different colors
- Great value for money
- Remarkable shock absorption and padding
- Made of 100% genuine, durable, and sturdy Maya hide leather
- Ergonomically-designed straps
- May produce a powdery substance after a few uses
- Stitching could be better
- Sizing is off
2. Best Runner Up: Trideer Pro Grade
- 🥊HIGH QUALITY - Features a tough synthetic leather cover and pre-curved form fit design with power grip palm for great durability and performance, also it is easy to clean and maintain. Ideal for all boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, MMA, sparring training and fitness workouts
- 🥊 BEST SUPPORT & PROTECTION - Multi-layered foam padding allows for unparalleled shock absorption and impact resistance, providing the best protection for both you and your sparring fighter
- 🥊 EXTRA SECURE FIT - Full wraparound wrist strap with hook-and-loop attachment, it is easy to put on and take off, also will help prevent the gloves from slipping or hitting incorrectly
- 🥊 SUPERIOR COMFORT - Breathable mesh for cool, dry and comfortable wear. Pre-curved anatomic hand design allowing for proper fist closure & maintaining focus while training
- 🥊 EASY CARE - Our gloves can be easily cleaned with wet towel. With breathable mesh to ventilate sweat from inner side, only few hours airing can help you get rid of annoying odor
Most mixed martial artists (MMAs) regard the Trideer Pro Grade as one of the best gloves for throwing aggressive punches on heavy bags. They feature top-notch hydrolysis-proof faux leather construction for superior performance and durability, making it resistant to corrosion and premature wear and tear.
Trideer Pro Grade gloves are particularly designed with boxing, Thai boxing, and kickboxing fighters in mind. They’re constructed from high-density foam for anti-seismic shock absorption, knuckle protection from injuries resulting from intense punching in heavy bags, and great cushioning. The gloves are moisture-proof and non-toxic for better hygiene and effortless cleaning, and resistant to chemical corrosion.
With the Trideer Pro Grade gloves’ inner silken cotton, your hands are protected from friction with the air holes, keeping them dry. Meanwhile, the first thumb and peak are particularly designed as per the natural bending of your hands. Regarding stability and support, these gloves feature loop straps and a broadened hook for a snug fit, making it easier for you to throw punches.
- Superb protection
- Excellent cushioning
- Widened loop straps and hook for a perfect fit
- Remarkable breathability
- High-quality and durable
- Unpleasant rubber smell that fades away after a few uses
- May feel rather large
3. Best Budget: Cheerwing Fingerless Boxing Gloves
- Great for Training: These MMA gloves are indispensable appliances for daily Sanda Fighting and punching training, can give you optimal striking protection in the training and competition.
- Durable and Tough: Made of high-quality premium synthetic leather and sponge, constructed with an ergonomically-improved pre-curve design, makes these kickboxing bag gloves for lasting durability and tough enough.
- Comfortable and Breathable: With perforations on the palms for increasing breathability to make you feel cool, you will not sweat or feel hot during the training process.
- Wrist Support: Wrist strap allows for a more customizable fit while providing solid wrist support, to protects your fist during intense training with this punching training gloves.
- Ideal training boxing gloves for men and women. Dimensions: 23 x 12cm / 9" x 4.72"; Weight: about 245g / 8.64oz.
If you’re on the quest for an affordable product that doesn’t compromise on quality, then your search ends here with the Cheerwing Fingerless Boxing Gloves. While Cheerwing has been a reputable brand for more than ten years, it’s not had the opportunity to gain traction among the myriad of MMA fighters. Don’t let that dissuade you. Cheerwing provides impressively tough punch mitts at an attractive price point.
Designed for training, these particular MMA gloves are indispensable for Sanda fighting and daily punching while providing you with unrivaled striking protection. Impressively durable and tough, the Cheerwing Fingerless gloves are constructed from synthetic, premium leather and sponge.
As a result, you’re guaranteed unmatched heavy punching protection, absorbing the impact in every strike. These pieces are also built with perforations on the palms for improved breathability and a pre-curved design for ergonomics, making them comfortable to use for hours on end.
The wrist support ushers in a more flexible fit while guaranteeing your fists and wrists are well-protected. You also have free rein to take your pick from the various intriguing colors and designs.
- Available in different colors and designs
- Impressive knuckle and wrist protection
- Only appropriate for light punching on heavy bags
- Lack of palm protection
- Offers less wrist support compared to other MMA gloves
4. Best for All-Round Protection: Hawk Sports HWK Boxing Gloves
- ✅ 5 YEAR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY: Gel Injected & Multi Layered V-Impact Foam Boxing Gloves Reduces the chance of injuring your fists. High Quality and Durable Sparring Gloves.
- ✅WRIST & KNUCKLE SECURITY: Extra-thick Supremo-Shock Foam based padding on knuckles of these leather boxing gloves with separate padded block over wrist-joint.
- ✅ANTI-PERSPIRATION HOLES: These punching bag gloves have a breathable Pinhole Palm that offers Increased Hygiene Efficiency Reduces Offensive Odors, Moisture through your hands.
- ✅ALL-PURPOSE: These boxing gloves are Ideal for kickboxing, sparring, heavy bag workouts, and mitt work | Hook & Loop Velcro wrist strap for easy usage of boxing training gloves. #HawkSports to join our growing community of strong people 🙂
- ✅AMERICAN SIZING: Hawk boxing gloves come in various sizes 8oz for kids boxing gloves. 10oz & 12oz ideal for training, bag and mitt work, whereas 14oz & 16oz is ideal for sparring. For further size guidance please look at the size chart in the pictures. Friendly on every type of skin and is available in Women boxing gloves sizes and with the wide range of Boxing Gloves for men.
Are you looking for a pair of affordable MMA gloves that deliver all-round protection and diminish the likelihood of injuring your fists? Then the Hawk Sports HWK Boxing Gloves are right up your alley. Perfectly constructed, this pair features multi-layered and gel-injected V-impact foam for unmatched shock absorption and protection, making it reliable sparring for any MMA fighter.
Designed from top-grade synthetic leather with double-stitching, these gloves deliver excellent performance and longevity even with intense heavy bag training. Courtesy of the thumb lock feature, these gloves are safe to use on heavy bag workouts.
For a personalized fit on your hand, the Hawk Sports HWK Boxing Gloves have a reliable loop and hood with Velcro closure. With the breathable Pinhole palm, you’re assured of better air circulation. In turn, this diminishes odors and bacteria by preventing your hands from sweating.
- Different sizes and 2 color options to choose from
- Easy to remove, wear, and adjust
- Comfortable and pleasantly lightweight
- Excellent air circulation
- Safe for heavy bag training
- Not suitable for seasoned MMA fighters
5. Best for Sparring: Sanabul Essential 7 oz
- Just What You Need: Our Essential Series is for athletes would need professional gear that will be with them day in and day out at the gym, at the best possible value. We challenge our Team Sanabul athletes, like UFC Champion Michael Bisping, to put our gear through their toughest training sessions. We know it’ll hold up for you, because it holds up for them
- For the Complete Fighter: Our 7oz. hybrid sparring gloves are fitted to protect your hands when striking, while giving you modest dexterity during grappling. No swapping out gloves, no slowing you down
- Designed to Endure: We want Sanabul gear to be a staple of your gym bag. So we make equipment that lasts. Performance Engineered Leather construction means durable material that’s easier to clean and maintain
- Not Going Anywhere: You don’t need finicky gloves. Our innovative hook and loop closure system makes our gloves an extension of your hands. Locked in place for the whole session
- Please Note: These gloves are intended for MMA sparring training, we do not recommend using these gloves for PUNCHING BAGS. Hitting a punching bag with these gloves can hurt your hands or irritate the webbing on finger. Some customers have used them for cardio kickboxing, krav maga or punch mitt training but you have to be experienced and very careful
As the most ideal option for sparring, the Sanabul Essential 7-ounce gloves provide the same feel as the 4-ounce counterparts. The only difference is that they have additional padding to protect not only you but also your opponent. The open palm style keeps your fingers available for grappling.
From Jon Danaher and other legendary coaches to UFC champions such as Michael Bisping, users get the best from their Sanabul gear. They put these gloves through the most intense training sessions, and they hold up for them, so you can expect the same.
Sanabul has churned out an entire series of Essential products such as headgear, focus mitts, shin guards, and MMA gloves that match the color scheme and design. They do so while delivering the quality you trust and love.
With the innovative loop and hook closure system, the Sanabul Essential 7-ounce gloves being finicky is the least of your concerns. As an extension of your hands, they remain locked in position throughout lengthy training sessions.
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Great wrist support
- Layered foam for enhanced protection
- Available in different colors
- Cheap price tag
- Not as long-lasting as other gloves
- Minimal palm protection
6. Best for Beginners: Combat Sports
- Design allows grappling & striking in the same training session without changing gloves
- Four layers of shock dispersing foam
- Synthetic leather construction that is resilient for continual use
- Sizes: Regular (6 oz.) Large (6.5 oz.) XL (7 oz.)
Made by fight leather specialists, the Combat Sports MMA gloves are heavily padded with four foam layers. Their attractive price point lures in a multitude of beginners and those on a tight budget. Nonetheless, don’t let the cheap price make you skeptical of the quality.
These sparring gloves get the job done when it comes to shock dispersion on impact, relatively to the 16-ounce counterparts. Made of synthetic leather, the Combat Sports MMA gloves provide unmatched resilience for continual use.
The design allows concurrent striking and grappling in one training session without switching gloves. It’s worth noting that the gloves are a tad bit stiff from the onset, so ensure you break them in before sparring.
- Built with durability in mind
- Excellent wrist and hand protection
- Available in four sizes
- Low price point
- Effective in dispersing shock on impact
- Available in various colors and sizes
- Not ideal for seasoned fighters
- They need to be broken due to their stiffness
7. Best for Light Sparring: Hayabusa T3
- A REVOLUTIONIZED TRAINING GLOVE: You need a glove that checks all of the boxes, from protection and comfort to durability and fit. T3 Boxing Gloves do just that, with a decade of sports science & research to back it up. This modern training glove offers world-renowned protection with patented technology of a new era.
- BUILT FOR COMFORT WITH A TAILORED FIT: Interior fabric feels smooth and cool on your hands and helps to regulate your hand temperature. Two interlocking velcro wrist straps adjust to fit your hands perfectly for Boxing, Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), Kickboxing, and Muay Thai.
- WORLD RENOWNED WRIST SUPPORT: Dual wrist straps and splinting system work together to keep your wrists aligned with each punch. It locks your wrists in place when you strap up, preventing risky and damaging bends.
- ULTIMATE KNUCKLE PROTECTION: Premium foam technology absorbs impacts, dispersing energy for unparalleled knuckle protection during training or sparring.
- COLORS THAT SHOW YOUR STYLE: Black, Black/Gold, Black/Iridescent, Black/Red, Charcoal/Black, Charcoal/Lime, Navy/Yellow, Purple/Black, Red/Black, White/Gold, White/Grey, White/Iridescent, White/Pink, White/Teal Sizes:10 oz, 12 oz, 14 oz, 16 oz & 18 oz
Suitable for all types of athletes, including boxers, Hayabusa T3s are the best MMA gloves for all combat sports. In a pre-curved design, this pair perfectly mimics the natural curvature of your hands, curbing exhaustion. With a Dual-X closure, the gloves are well-stabilized in your wrists and hands.
The Y-Volar design of the gloves also boosts their stability, giving you enhanced control and comfort. Despite the activities you engage in, you can rest easy knowing the Hayabusa T3 gloves are well-aligned with your hands and won’t get in the way. The exterior is constructed from a premium foam complex, making them flexible from the onset and saving you the hassle of breaking them in.
The MMA gloves come with Deltra-EG foam, a perfect absorbent that ensures you don’t sustain injuries and can continuously throw punches without exhaustion. You’ll be pleased to learn that the outer shell has undergone rigorous testing and verified for impressive durability and resistance to tears, cracks, abrasion, and other forms of damage.
All things considered, the Hayabusa T3 is an ideal set of MMA training gloves for experts and novices alike. They come in 7 color combinations for you to choose from.
- Comes in various color patterns
- Unbeatable wrist and hand support
- Durable leather construction
- Suitable for men and women
- Pre-curved shell design that diminishes wrist and hand fatigue
- Sturdy and long-lasting premium leather construction
8. Venum Undisputed 2.0
- High quality Napa leather
- Layered foam for greater Protection
- High wrist support with an adjustable strap
- Exclusive Velcro strap System for single hand pre-positioning
- Handmade in Thailand
There’s no denying that Venum is one of the most reputable companies when it comes to combat fight gear. Therefore, it’s no surprise that their wealth of products are the go-to in the octagon for training and professional fights.
Venum Undisputed 2.0 is no different and is favored by expert MMA fighters worldwide. Made of top-grade Nappa leather with reinforced double-stitching, you’re assured of unbeatable durability and comfort, which means premature wear-and-tear is the least of your concerns.
The Venum Undisputed 2.0 gloves feature foam layers in the interior, creating a natural curvature that adheres to the curves of your hands. Perfect for ergonomics, you don’t need to worry about the gloves slipping off, so you can focus on your punches without distractions.
The only downside of these MMA gloves is that they’re made of authentic leather, which takes a while to break in since it’s overly durable and sturdy. Therefore, we recommend practicing with them a few days or weeks before a serious fight match.
The wrist support on the Venum Undisputed 2.0 gloves is impressive and perfectly secured by a Velcro strap. Its impressive sturdiness means you don’t need to worry about the straps coming undone amidst a training session or match.
- More durable than synthetic leather
- Easy to wear with hand wraps
- Immense knuckle protection
- Well-padded without the bulk
- Available in an array of sizes and color designs
- Snug fit
- Considerably pricey
- Takes a while to break-in
What Are the Different Types of MMA Gloves?
Knowing the four categories of the best MMA gloves will help you select the ideal fit for you.
These have more padding than other gloves, protecting you and your sparring opponent.
With a pair of these, you’ll strike heavy pads and bags during training. Boxing/bag gloves have denser and heavier padding, providing better wrist support. However, avoid using these for sparring as you and your opponent are susceptible to severe injuries. Keep an eye out for the best MMA gloves with a grip bar inside for enhanced stability.
These weigh up to 4 ounces with minimal padding. Confirm with your fight organization what’s allowed before the match. We recommend using MMA hand wraps with fight gloves to protect you as they have little to no padding. After all, fighting for months with adverse hand injuries is the last thing you need.
Training or Grappling
These are light gloves that allow you to use your thumbs and entire hand. Generic gloves for MMA sparring, training, and normal fights come in handy for grappling.
Selecting the best MMA gloves isn’t something to take lightly. They’re your main protection for your hands and wrists. After all, the last thing you need is sustaining severe bruises and abrasions around your knuckles along with injured wrists.
As you take your pick, remember, quality is crucial. Our top 8 products deliver unrivaled quality, giving you the best bang for your buck, so order yours today!
Last update on 2021-05-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API