Complete Reviews with Comparison
Are there any of us out there who have not dreamed of hitting a home run? The screams of the crowd as the ball not only makes it out of the field but clears the stadium too! Well, a long journey always begins with a single step and that brings us to getting started in baseball, and our training. People are not born with the ability to hit a ball a great distance, or throw a ball really fast or with curve, or catch a ball while diving at full stretch. These things take time.
When looking to the future, if you want to be a great baseball player, you have to be dedicated and train hard. When we were looking at baseball equipment to improve your game, we decided to focus on the equipment which would not only improve your game but would be fun to use. We also wanted equipment which you could use on your own, if possible.
We found three of the best training aids out there. With a focus on fun, usability, and results, we bring you our favorite baseball training products on the market.
Best Baseball Training Products Reviews
- ALL-WEATHER NET: Neither spring rains nor summer heat will shred or tear the durable all-weather netting of this baseball trainer. Practice return baseball skills with ease and greater accuracy with a pitchback net that lasts
- UNIQUE CURVED DESIGN: Help your child practice field techniques without needing someone else to hit pop-ups or grounders. Help kids learn proper fielding quickly while giving them the freedom to spend hours outside with this baseball trainer
- ADJUSTABLE ANGLES: The curved, adjustable legs allow for maximum return angles for improved practice and field performance. Why invest hundreds in a pitching machine when you can get more value with the Franklin return trainer?
- DURABLE STEEL FRAME: Although this baseball training net is designed for all types of weather, you can fold up the durable steel frame for easy storage when not in use. Enjoy years of reliable practice with this pitching net
- PRACTICE FIELDING TECHNIQUES: Kids and adults alike will enjoy using this sturdy, solid, and reliable flyback net. In addition to its steel frame, it also comes with stakes for greater stability, throw after throw
One of the most important positions in baseball is the pitcher. To be a great pitcher, you need a lot of time and dedication. It requires a lot of arm strength and stamina. If you are a starting pitcher, you need a lot more stamina than anyone else on the field. Ball after ball has to be thrown to the batter. You need speed and control. The only way to achieve this is to throw a ball over and over. We wanted to find a piece of equipment which would help you to focus on your power and accuracy.
The pitch returner from Franklin Sports does just that. The frame and net can be set up so that you have an area to aim at which mimics the area you have to pitch into when facing a batter. The steel is made for all weather; no matter if it is sunny or raining, you can still get outside and practice. The curve of the frame also brings the ball back to you when you throw it against the net. This is a great piece of equipment for a solo practice in your backyard.
- Returns ball
- Can be used alone
- Needs replacement bungee holders
- Throws any type of ball, hard balls, fast pitch softballs, dimple balls, light flight, plastic and even soccer and volleyballs
- Throws hard balls from 18 to 45 mph with easy to adjust speed controls. And throws light flight and plastic balls up to 60 mph; Throws slowpitch softballs with up to a 12 inches arch
- Throws a level pitch to help teach proper swing mechanics. Extremely accurate for throwing strikes, fly balls and even grounders.
- The official pitching machine of both Babe Ruth League and Pony Baseball and Softball
- It is completely manual, needs no electricity or batteries and is light weight and easy to move from field to field, weighs less than 25 lbs.
What is baseball without being able to hit a ball really hard? When you are practicing your batting, you can throw the ball up in the air and hit it, but you are not truly mimicking the hits you will have in an actual game. What you need is a pitcher. You could invite a friend but what if they cannot come over? What if their pitching is not very good? Or, not fast enough? The solution is this nifty piece of equipment.
The Louisville Slugger Pitching Machine takes the unpredictability out of pitching, and the best part is that you can have anyone operate it for you, no matter their pitching ability. With this product, you can pitch any size and shape of ball. You can adjust it to throw balls anywhere between 18 and 45 mph. You can even choose a slow pitch if you wish. Each pitch will also be level. This consistency will help you to gain consistency in your batting.
This is a completely manual machine meaning that you do not need to worry about batteries or a power source. A great machine for you to be able to face consistent pitches every time.
- Even pitches
- Pitches any ball
- Need someone to operate it
SKLZ Training Bats
- Durable steel design
- Overload bat weighs 30 oz.
- 30” in length
- Includes 3 practice balls
- Works well for softball, fastpitch or baseball training
If you are going to be a batter, you are going to need to improve your upper-body strength. Batting is a lot about technique, but you need the strength to go hand-in-hand with that too. This weighted bat will help you to build that strength along with teaching you proper swing mechanics. With the set, you get a weighted bat (30 oz.) and three training balls. Used in combination, the bat and balls will teach you the correct swing while building the muscles in your arms.
The bat is also smaller in diameter than a regular baseball bat, meaning that you have to be more accurate. This accuracy will be of great benefit when it comes time to use a regular baseball bat. If you can hit the ball with the center of the bat, you have more chance of the ball going where you want and at distance.
This is a great set which can be used by adults or kids.
- Includes bat and 3 balls
- Small diameter for accuracy
- Better for children than adults
It is hard to choose a winner from these three great pieces of equipment. The one you choose may depend on what you want to work on. Do you want to improve your pitching or your batting? When we look at the children learning to play baseball today, we see more children wanting to bat than pitch. For this reason, we have chosen the Louisville Slugger Pitching Machine as our chosen piece of equipment.
For this automatic pitcher, you need a second person to activate it, but that can be anyone. We like how consistent the pitches were with this piece of equipment, along with the variable speeds. You can start slow, even with an arced slow pitch, and then work your way up to a faster pitch. The materials used are high quality and will not break down over time; they are also able to hold up to various weather conditions, so your practice is never spoiled.
If you are looking for a machine which can pitch over and over, then look no further than this one. With the Louisville Slugger Pitching Machine in your back yard, you are sure to improve your batting game.