In every baseball game, one of the most important pieces of equipment used is a baseball pitching machine. The game relies on the pitching machine to be able to have the right timing and rhythm.
It is also an excellent tool made for coaches, as they don’t have to be physically present to pitch to their team. Even though it is an essential tool, it does not come cheap, so you have to choose carefully to make sure you get the best value for your money.
Best Baseball Pitching Machine
In this buying guide, we are going to compare the top three baseball pitching machines that you can go for right now. Since they are top-ranked, they will ensure that you get value for money.
Franklin Sports Pitching Machine
- Perfect baseball toy: This is the perfect toy for any young Baseball fan. Just load the balls and get ready for the pitch. Nothing else needed but a bat or glove and room to play for hours and hours of Baseball fun!
- Adjustable angles: adjust the launch angle to practice hitting soft toss or fast pitch. Or work on fielding by adjusting the angle to practice ground balls or pop flies. With the Super Star batter you can practice all your skills at once!
- Great for young players: this pitching machine is perfect for teaching young players how to hit and field!
- Balls included: This pitching machine comes with 6 compatible plastic baseballs to put in the ball feeder which can hold up to 9 balls at once! Balls pitch every 7 seconds!
- Battery operated: Requires 4 "C" Batteries that are not included with the set
This is an excellent machine for a young fan that will serve well for hitting and fielding. You can load up to 9 balls, and you are ready to go. You can adjust it to 4 different angles when you are practicing or playing the real game. With it, you can work on training your soft toss, a fast pitch, or do a superstar batter where all your skills can come into play.
The machine has been made with young players in mind, as it is recommended for players between ages four and 12. When you buy it, you get six plastic baseballs that you can put in the ball feeder to play. The feeder has a capacity of supporting nine balls at a go, and a ball pitch can be done every seven seconds. It has a pitch speed of 15-20 mph.
The machine is powered by four type C batteries, which you purchase independently.
Product dimensions: 19 x 18 x 44.5 inches
Product weight: 4.85 pounds
What we liked
- It has a high pitch speed
- It can be adjusted into four different angles
- It is beginner-friendly and great for kids
- It can hold 9 balls at a go
What we did not like
- Some users complained that it pitched without consistency
- It can only be used with plastic balls
- It comes with plastic balls and not real baseballs
Hack Attack Baseball Pitching Machine by Sports Attack
- The Hack Attack Baseball Pitching Machine pitches major league 100+ MPH fastballs, and right and left handed breaking pitches.
- The unique three-wheel design allows you to see the ball clearly all the way through the feeding motion and release, just like a live pitcher.
- The 2015 model have a new sleek look and upgraded exterior design plus inside/outside adjustment that provides instant location change.
- Pitches fastballs, curveballs, sliders and split fingers. Head also pivots in any direction for ground balls, line drives, pop-ups and 380ft fly balls.
- Extremely portable, fits into any SUV or full size car, fits through standard doorway. Recommended for high school, college, professional levels
This is a primary league pitch machine that can handle fast speeds of up to 100+ mph. It can be used by either hand to break pitches. It has a three-wheel design that has been uniquely made so you can see the feeding and release, the same way a live pitcher would do. The three wheels are concave to give you accuracy and speed.
It has to throw wheel dials to help you make any adjustments for a pitch you are making.
When you go for the 2015 model, you will notice that it has a new, improved look and design that allows you to adjust from either side according to the location.
It can do different kinds of pitches, such as fastballs, curveballs, split fingers, and sliders. The head can pivot in any direction for balls, line drives, or popups.
The tripod base of this machine is extra wide so that it can have more stability.
The machine is very portable and can fit well in a full-size car. It has a frame locking pin for safe and secure transportation. It is recommended for users from high school level to professionals.
The Hack Attack is powered by a 110 VAC -2000W generator that has inverter technology. When you purchase the machine, you get a five-year limited warranty.
Product weight: 25.1 pounds
What we like
- It has a three-wheel design for more natural accuracy and speed
- It has a high speed of 100+ mph
- It is easy to control
- The head pivots instantly to any direction
- It can do different kind of pitches
- It has an extra-wide base for more stability
- It has a frame locking pin for more safety and easier transportation
- It comes with a five-year limited warranty
What we did not like
- It may not work well with regular balls
Heater Base Hit Pitching Machine
- BACKED BY HEATER SPORTS - The BaseHit Is Backed By Heater Sports Fantastic Service and Will Take Care Of Any Replacement Parts Or Future Needs
This is an excellent choice for pitching any kind of baseballs, whether they are real, dimpled, or leather. To use it, you only need to plug it into a power source, and you are all set.
This pitching machine can pitch at different speeds depending on the kind of ball that you have. If you are using real baseballs or leather baseballs, then it will do at a rate of 10-45 mph. If you are doing lite balls, it can handle a speed of 15-60 mph. It has different speed controls to give you different speed pitches.
The machine has a ball feeder included that can do up to 12 balls. The feeder is AC powered and spiral. It can automatically release a ball every eight seconds.
In addition, the Heater Base Hit can easily connect to a heater sports batting cage.
It is recommended for ages five and up, and comes with an adjustable pitch height knob to help you get the best pitch height for your needs. The housing is made from a rugged composite to give you protection from the spinning wheel.
Product dimensions: 36 x 48 x 36 inches
Product weight:15.8 pounds
What we liked
- It works with different kinds of baseballs
- It has different speed controls to give you different speed pitches
- The ball feeder can do up to 12 balls which can be released every 8 seconds
- It has a rugged composite cover to protect you from spinning wheel
What we did not like
- The pitching is not consistent
- Some users complained that the machine is not durable
All the above are great picks if you are looking for a pitching machine. It may be confusing which one to choose. In this section, we hope to make it easier for you!
Best machine for beginners and kids: The machine that is specifically meant for kids is the Franklin Sports Pitching Machine. It works well with beginners and will help them develop their skills.
Best machine for any ball: If you are looking for a machine that can work for any kind of ball, then the Heater Base Hit Pitching Machine would be the best choice, as it can support that well.
Machine with the highest pitching speeds: If you are looking for high pitching speeds, then you bet the Hack Attack Machine will work for you. It can do speeds of up to 100+ mph.
Most budget-friendly: If you are budget-oriented, then the Franklyn machine would be the best choice, as it is the cheapest comparatively, retailing at $34.99.
Our Overall Recommendation
For our overall recommendation, it all depends on what you are looking for. It’s important to keep in mind that you get what you pay for.
If the cost is not a limitation, then we recommend the Hack Attack machine. It has high speeds, gives you easy control of pitching speeds, can be used by people of different levels, and will give you value for the money.