Steph Curry’s workout routine has not only made him one of the NBA’s most lethal scorers, but one of the most popular players as well!
Who is Steph Curry?
Steph Curry is widely considered one of the greatest shooters in NBA history, and his incredible skills on the court are a result of his relentless work ethic and dedication to his craft. One of the key components of Steph’s success is his intense workout routine, which is designed to help him improve his strength, speed, and endurance.
Some of his greatest accomplishments include:
- Three-time NBA Champion (2015, 2017, 2018)
- Two-time NBA MVP (2015, 2016)
- Six-time NBA All-Star (2014-2019)
- NBA Scoring Champion (2016)
- NBA Steals Leader (2016)
- NBA All-Star Game MVP (2015)
- NBA Three-Point Contest Winner (2015)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2010)
- Holds the NBA record for most three-pointers made in a single season (402 in 2015-2016) and career (as of 2021)
- Led the Golden State Warriors to the most wins in a single season in NBA history (73 in 2015-2016)
Curry also led team USA to win the gold medals in the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup and 2020 Olympics.
Off the court, Steph Curry is also known for his philanthropy and charity work, including founding the Eat. Learn. Play. Foundation to support education and healthy eating for children in underserved communities.
What is Steph Curry’s Workout Routine?
Steph’s workout routine begins with a comprehensive warm-up that focuses on stretching and dynamic movement. This helps to loosen up his muscles and prepare them for the intense training that is to come. After the warm-up, Steph moves on to a series of strength-training exercises that are designed to build muscle mass and improve his overall strength and power.
One of the key exercises in Steph’s strength-training routine is the squat. Steph performs squats with a heavy weight in order to build the strength and power in his legs that is so important for basketball players. He also performs a variety of other exercises such as deadlifts, lunges, and calf raises to work on different muscle groups.
In addition to strength-training, Steph also spends a significant amount of time working on his agility and speed. He does this by performing a variety of plyometric exercises, such as jump squats and box jumps, as well as sprints and other speed-training drills. These exercises help to improve his quickness and explosiveness on the court.
Steph also places a big emphasis on his conditioning and endurance. He spends a lot of time running, cycling, and doing other cardio exercises to help him maintain his energy levels during games. Steph also works on his core strength by performing exercises such as planks, Russian twists, and medicine ball slams.
Finally, Steph also spends a significant amount of time working on his flexibility and mobility. He does this by performing a variety of stretching and yoga exercises that help to improve his range of motion and prevent injuries.
Overall, Steph Curry’s workout routine is incredibly intense and demanding. It requires a lot of hard work, dedication, and discipline. However, it is also incredibly effective, and has helped him to become one of the best players in the NBA.
How Does Steph Curry Hone his Shooting Skills?
Steph Curry may go down in the record books as the greatest shooter ever. He is certainly one of the most entertaining players to watch when he goes into “Human Torch mode”. Here are a few ways that Steph Curry practices his shooting:
- Repetition: Steph puts in a lot of time and effort into shooting drills and repetition. He practices shooting from different spots on the court, including the three-point line, midrange, and around the basket. He also practices shooting off the dribble and off screens, as well as catch-and-shoot situations.
- Game-like simulations: Steph also practices shooting in game-like simulations, such as in five-on-five drills and scrimmage situations. This helps him to simulate the pressure and intensity of a game, and improve his ability to make shots under pressure.
- Focus on mechanics: Steph pays close attention to the mechanics of his shot, and works on maintaining proper form and technique. This includes keeping his elbow in, following through with his wrist, and keeping his eyes on the target.
- Video analysis: Steph also uses video analysis to study his shooting form, and make adjustments as needed. By watching footage of his shots, he can identify areas where he needs to improve and make adjustments to his form.
- Variety: Steph practices different types of shots, such as off-balance, moving and step back shots, and using different ball handling moves to create space to shoot.
- Off-season training: Steph also uses the off-season to work on his shooting and overall game, dedicating even more time to training and working on his skills.
Overall, Steph Curry’s practice routine is intense and demanding, but it is also incredibly effective. By putting in a lot of time and effort into practicing his shooting and other skills, he has become one of the best shooters and players in the NBA.
To Be the Best You Need to Train Like the Best
If you are looking to improve your own basketball skills and performance, then taking inspiration from Steph’s workout routine is a great place to start. By focusing on building strength, speed, agility, endurance, and flexibility, you can improve your overall performance on the court and become a better basketball player.