Dip bars are a solid investment if you are planning to work out at home. Also called dip stations, parallel bars, and parallettes, dip bars are home workout equipment that is affordable, long-lasting, and versatile.
Despite what you might think, dip bars are not only for gymnasts and calisthenics athletes. They are also not just for dips!
In fact, a whole host of bodyweight exercises can be done with dip bars. And this makes them ideal if you don’t want to spend on a gym membership or want to exercise at home now and then.
But what should you look for when buying dip bars?
In general, the best dip bars are sturdy, non-slip, and easy to assemble/disassemble. There are also different types of dip bars you can buy, including adjustable dip bars and power tower dip stations, which are both worth considering.
But no matter your budget or preference, this guide rounds up the 10 best dip bars that you can buy online today. Keep scrolling to see the best dip bars and power towers, complete with pros and cons.
1. Best Overall – ProsourceFit Dip Stand Station
- Rubber feet help to prevent slipping, and a stabilizing safety connector extends length between bars from 16 1/4" to 23 1/4"
- Padded grips make it comfortable to build muscle without weights by performing dips, l-sits, push-ups, inverted rows
- Each bar is 24" wide, 31" high, and is adjustable up to 35", so you can set them Parallel or staggered for more exercise variety
- Powder coated, sturdy iron tubes can support up to 400 lbs., so you can safely train chest, triceps, shoulders and core
Dimensions (L x W x H): 16 x 24 x 31 inches
Max weight capacity: 400 pounds
The ProSourceFit Dip Stand is our best overall due to a good balance of affordability and quality.
These dip bars have a high weight capacity and are a great size for performing all kinds of bodyweight exercises.
Constructed out of iron with non-slip feet that can be connected together on one side, the ProSourceFit dip bars are sturdy enough to serve any purpose.
These dip bars also feature non-slip grips and a choice of colors: black, yellow, and red.
- Great value – the ProsourceFit Dip Stand Station offers a great balance of affordability and high quality
- Weight capacity – able to withstand up to 400 pounds, these dip bars can handle all bodyweight and weighted bodyweight exercises
- ProsourceFit – recognized brand in the sports equipment industry
- Non-slip – features non-slip feet and non-slip bars for improved performance
- Good size – these dip bars have a good height for tall people and enough width to remain stable on the ground
- None – the ProSource Fit Dip Stand Station is a good all-rounder that isn’t likely to disappoint
2. Budget Option – Amazon Basics Dip Fitness Bar
- Dip bar for at-home fitness; great for tricep dips, knee raises, leg raises, back rows, and other exercises
- Foam slip-free grips for a safe, comfortable hold; foam floor pads for reliable stay-in-place performance
- Can be used with push-up rings or straps (not included)
- 661-pound weight capacity; made of durable steel; easy assembly; lightweight and portable
- Measures 34.25 by 32.5 by 38.4 inches; backed by an Amazon Basics limited one-year warranty
Dimensions (L x W x H): 34.25 x 32.5 x 38.39 inches
Max weight capacity: 655 pounds
If you have a tight budget, the Amazon Basics Dip Fitness Bars are the cheapest dip bars you can buy. They have a high maximum weight capacity and a tall frame that is constructed from steel.
Since these dip bars are taller (at least 8 inches taller than standard dip bars), they are ideal for tall people.
Despite that, these dip bars are a single unit with a smaller bar that makes them less versatile than a pair of unconnected parallel bars.
- Cheap – the cheapest dip bars on the market if you have a tight budget
- Tall dip bars – these dip bars have a height of 38 inches, ideal for taller people
- Warranty included – not satisfied? A one-year warranty is included with Amazon Basics
- Solid construction – heavy-duty steel for peace of mind
- Slip-free grips and foam floor pads – comfortable to grip and will not move on most floor surfaces
- Single unit – these narrow dip bars are less versatile than parallel bars
3. Fuel Pureformance Bodyweight Training Dip Station
- SPECS – Assembled dimensions are 26.77" x 22.05" x 35.63".
- CONSTRUCTION – Built with 14 gauge steel with a durable, powder coat finish.
- FEATURES – Angled, padded grips add comfort while performing exercises. Open, pass through design adds versatility. 14 gauge steel construction adds stability and the durable powder coat finish prevents rusting.
- VERSATILE – This bodyweight training station allows you to target the chest, shoulders, triceps, abs, legs and more.
- FUNCTIONAL – Open, pass through design allows multiple exercises to be performed, such as chest dips, pull ups, hanging leg and knee raises, and more.
Dimensions (L x W x H): 26.77 x 22.05 x 35.63 inches
Max weight capacity: N/A
The Fuel Pureformance Dip Station is designed for dips and leg raises. As a result, these dip bars are not ideal for performing calisthenics and gymnastics, but they are a great option if all you want is a solid dip station that doesn’t take up much space.
The Fuel Pureformance Dip Station is made from 14-gauge steel, with non-slip handle grips made out of foam.
One downside, however, is that this station does not feature a non-slip base, which might be problematic on a hard floor.
- Basic dip station – this is a simple dip station designed purely for dips and leg raises
- Steel – solid 14-gauge steel construction to handle any weight load
- Affordable – for a solid dip station, the Fuel Pureformance Dip Station is not going to break your budget
- Tall – at 35 inches tall, tall people will not have trouble performing exercises on this dip station
- Metal base – lack of non-slip feet might cause problems on a hard floor (gym flooring or non-slip mat recommended)
- Not versatile – this dip station was designed for dips and leg raises, but is not ideal for anything else
4. BalanceFrom Multi-Function Dip Stand
- Design: Made of heavy duty steel with improved structure design for safety, weight capacity: 500 pounds
- Safety: non-slip foot pads protect the floor and ensure your safety, foam padded grip handles increase friction and minimize your hand fatigue
- Adjustable: height is 40. 15-51. 18 inch, with dimension of 27. 95" Wide and 29. 52 long
- Multi-function: perfect for bar exercises, dips, pull ups, push ups, leg raise, bench press and more
- Happiness: all genuine Balance From products are covered by a 100% Balance From satisfaction support and 2-year Balance From Support
Dimensions (L x W x H): 29.52 x 27.95 x 40.15-51 inches (height is adjustable)
Max weight capacity: 500 pounds
The BalanceFrom Dip Stand is a heavy-duty dip station that is height adjustable and made from steel, able to handle a max weight capacity of 500 pounds.
Like the Fuel Pureformance Dip Station, this was designed for the basics: dips and leg raises.
If you are tall and just want to perform dips (and possibly pull-ups), this dip station is ideal for you as it can be adjusted to a maximum height of 51 inches.
It features handle grips, as well as handles on the feet for parallettes-style push-ups.
- Multifunctional – this dip station is ideal for dips, leg raises, push-ups, and even pull-ups (for shorter people)
- Heavy duty – solid construction made from steel for a max weight capacity of 500 pounds
- Tall and adjustable – with an adjustable max height of 51 inches, this dip station is the best choice for tall people
- Non-slip feet – this dip station has non-slip feet, ideal for carpet and hard floor surfaces
- Choice of colors – choose from red, gray, and yellow
- More expensive – expect to pay a little extra for this multi-function dip station
5. RELIFE Dip Station
- 💪【Powerful & Solid】Dip stands made of heavy duty steel and supports to 300LBS, durable steel construction provides safety assurance during exercise.
- 💪【Connecting Rod】4 holes each sides for adjustable with pull knob, just pull the knob a little bit, you can move the rod, then adjust the holes you want.
- 💪【Adjustable Foot Strap】Different face of the foot cover thickness is different, you can adjust it at any time to fit the ground and prevent it from shaking.
- 💪【Adjustable Height】Height is 31.11-35.04 inch, you can adjust it based on yourself. Perfect for bar exercises, dips, pull ups, push ups, leg raise, bench press and more, works arms, chest, back and muscles.
- 💪【Customer Service】ONE-YEAR WARRANTY on main frame, LIFE WARRANTY on all other vulnerable part. If you have any question, please feel free to contact us through E-mail.
Dimensions (L x W x H): 29.5 x 22.85 x 31.11-35.04 inches (height is adjustable)
Max weight capacity: 300 pounds
The RELIFE Dip Station is a set of parallel bars offering more functionality for performing bodyweight and gymnastics/calisthenics exercises.
These dip bars are standard size with a maximum weight load of 300 pounds, which is enough for most people and exercises.
The RELIFE heavy-duty dip bars are minimalistic in design (black or yellow colors), made from steel, and complete with non-slip rubber feet and soft handle grips.
A bonus is that these dip bars have an adjustable height of 4 inches, making them ideal for taller people.
- Adjustable height – these dip bars are adjustable from 31 inches to 35 inches
- Versatile – parallel bars designed for dips, leg raises, bodyweight exercises, and gymnastics/calisthenics exercises
- Connectable non-slip feet – these dip bars have non-slip rubber feet that can be connected on one side for extra stability
- Non-slip grips – the bars have non-slip handles
- Steel – reliable solid construction
- More expensive – although not by much, expect to pay a little bit more for the adjustability of these dip bars
6. Premium Option – Lebert Fitness Dip Bar Stand (XL)
- ORIGINAL EQUALIZER BODY PRESS STATION: With over 100 workouts available for beginners to advanced athletes, this sturdy and stable dip stand works great as a pullup bar, dipping station, push up bar for arm exercises, L-sits, knee & leg raises, and more
- DESIGNED FOR THE PERFECT FIT: Lebert EQualizer Bars are available in two sizes and tested rigorously to ensure the right fit for you and your safety - Regular (28" high) fits users up to 5' 10" while the taller XL (31" high) is best for users over 5' 10"
- FREE-STANDING BARS: Separate, unconnected bars offer superior stability and versatility, and are critical to any dip stand exercise as it creates the instability needed for an effective parallette bar style routine with proper form and tower alignment
- ACCESS TO ONLINE FITNESS GROUP: As a welcome to the Lebert Fitness family, you will be invited to join our private online fitness group featuring free workout programs, extensive support and coaching tools designed to get you started and stay motivated
- INCLUDES: Two EQualizer bars with heavy duty foam handles, resistance band, exercise guide, and access to an online coaching group. Bars support up to 400lbs, are easy to assemble, stack and store and are great for your home gym or group class bootcamps
Dimensions (L x W x H): 21.75 x 18 x 31 inches
Max weight capacity: 400 pounds
If you are not restricted by a tight budget and want to get the best parallel bars for your money, the Lebert Fitness Dip Bar Stand is worth considering for its high-quality design and construction.
The Lebert Fitness Dip Bars come in two sizes with non-slip feet, bar grips, and a free online workout guide and hip resistance band.
These also have a max weight capacity of 400 pounds, enough for any weighted bodyweight exercise.
- Premium – high-quality parallel bars for versatility and long life
- Non-slip feet and grips – stable on any floor surface and easy to grip when performing exercises
- XL – tall dip bars that are ideal for taller people
- Freebies – comes with a free hip resistance band and online workout guide
- Not budget-friendly – despite offering more, the Lebert Fitness Dip Bar Stand is double the price of most dip bars
7. MAGIC FIT Power Tower
- 💪【8 Levels Height Adjustment&4 Position Adjustable Backrest】The height adjustable range is 68.8-90.5". 4 adjustable holes(2.4"-7.1") in the supporting tube, back cushion of power tower can be adjusted before and after based on the people size.The power tower is fit for entire family workout, convenient for different age(youth,midlife, elderly)and place(home,gym,office).
- 💪【Multi-function Equipment】This workout equipment can used for pull ups, push ups,chin up, knee raise and dips, main training abdominal muscles, arm, back, chest, shoulders and leg muscles.
- 💪【Ergonomic Design】The soft leather backrest can give u the best exercise and elbow pads are comfortable to the point where you don't have to use gloves. Product Dimension: 29.1" x 40.9" x 68.8-90.5".This power tower will not take up too much space.
- 💪【Sturdy Construction】Excellent square steel materials, high density, anti - pressure, thick and stable, our power tower can holds up to 330lbs.Sturdy and durable,also it is easily to assembly.
- 💪【CUSTOMER GUARANTEE】For Magic Fit Power Tower within one year of purchase we give the free replacement of the damaged or missing part . If you have any question, please feel free to contact us through E-mail or Twitter.
Dimensions (L x W x H): 29.1 x 40.9 x 68.8-90.5 inches (height is adjustable)
Max weight capacity: 330 pounds
If you want a dip station that also allows you to perform pull-ups and other hanging exercises, the MAGIC FIT Power Tower is worth considering for its versatility and adjustable height.
Constructed from steel with faux leather pads, this power tower is a sturdy piece of all-in-one home workout equipment for upper body and core/ab exercises.
While power towers are more expensive than regular dip bars, they do offer greater functionality.
- Power tower – perform pull-ups and hanging exercises in addition to dips
- Steel – solid construction with a max weight capacity of 330 pounds
- Base handles – features base handles for parallettes-style push-ups
- Grips – soft grips and faux leather pads for comfortable workouts
- Adjustable height – the height of the pull-up bar is adjustable to suit people of any height
- More expensive – being a power tower, expect to pay more than the cost of regular dip bars
- Not for gymnastics/calisthenics – if want to do gymnastics or calisthenics, a power tower is not the best option
8. BangTong&Li Power Tower
- 【Multi Height Adjustable】The pull-up station has 6 adjustable heights, from 74.8 inches to 82.68 inches, and can bear 330 pounds. Adjust the appropriate height according to your height and the place of use (home, office, gym).
- 【All In One Function Equipment】This workout equipment can easy to Pull ups, Dips, Vertical Knee Raises, Push-ups and Reverse grip chin up whenever and wherever possible. Help to tone and target your arms, core, shoulders, chest, and back for a stronger upper body.
- 【High Quality Guarantee】The sturdy power tower is made of thick heavy-duty steel structure with high-density foam rubber handles and handrails. All nuts are non-slip nuts. To prevent the nut from falling during vibration.
- 【Comfortable Workout Station】 The power tower has a stable backrest and elbow pads, which can effectively reduce body pressure and avoid sports injuries.
- 【Service】Please assemble the product according to the instructions. We provide assembly tools and detailed instructions, much easy and convenient. After installing all parts, tighten the screws again. If you have any questions about the product, please feel free to contact us.
Dimensions (L x W x H): 38 x 26 x 74.8-82.68 inches (height is adjustable)
Max weight capacity: 330 pounds
The BangTong&Li Power Tower is another multifunctional power tower for people who want to perform more than just dips.
Like the MAGIC FIT Power Tower, this power tower features an adjustable pull-up bar and base handles, but with better overall build quality.
The BangTong&Li Power Tower is made from high-grade carbon steel, complete with high-quality rubber handles, non-slip nuts, and 40-mm-thick elbow pads.
It is easy to assemble and disassemble with all necessary tools included.
- Power tower – multifunctional home workout equipment for dips, pull-ups, push-ups, and core/ab exercises
- Steel – steel construction that can handle up to 330 pounds
- Adjustable height – this power tower has 6 adjustable heights for people who are taller
- High quality – features non-slip nuts, premium elbow pads, and non-slip rubber handles
- More expensive – it’s a power tower so, again, expect to pay more than the cost of a dip station or a pair of parallel bars
- Not for gymnastics/calisthenics – if you want to do gymnastics or calisthenics, you are better off buying parallel dip bars
9. RELIFE Power Tower Workout Dip Station
- 💪【Safety Locknut】In order to prevent the nut from falling off in case of vibration, we adopt the locknut to keep the screw to be tightened.
- 💪【9 Levels of Height Adjustment】The height adjustable range is 58.5-89''. The lowest level is designed for children and the power tower is suitable for the whole family workout. Its convenient for different age, shapes and sizes.
- 💪【4 Levels Backrest Adjustment】The back cushion can be easily adjusted to your workout comfort, The adjustable range is 7-9.6 inches.
- 💪【Multifunction】The dip station can support many kinds of exercise routines. Build triceps, chest and shoulder muscles along with incredible upper body strength. Easy to use. Suitable for all fitness and strength building workouts.
Dimensions (L x W x H): 43 x 35 x 58.5-89 inches (height is adjustable)
Max weight capacity: 330 pounds
Another piece of workout equipment by RELIFE, the RELIFE Power Tower Workout Dip Station is worth investing in over their dip bars if you want greater functionality and versatility.
This complete power tower features steel construction with 9 levels of height adjustment, secure locknuts, high-quality elbow pads, and suction cups on the feet for additional stability and security. It also features base handles for parallettes-style push-ups.
- RELIFE – trusted manufacturer of home workout equipment
- Multifunctional power tower – in addition to dips, perform pull-ups, hanging ab exercises, and push-ups
- Sturdy – steel construction with suction cup feet for increased stability on hard floors
- Adjustable height – 7-9 inches of adjustable height, ideal for taller people
- More expensive – power towers offer greater functionality but come with a higher price tag
- Not for gymnastics and calisthenics – if you want to do gymnastics or calisthenics, the better option is a pair of parallel dip bars
10. Best Power Tower – Sportsroyals Power Tower Dip Station Pull Up Bar
- 【Multi Function】It is a multi-functional power tower that supports vertical knee raise, push-ups, dips as well as pull-ups, which help tone and target your arms, core, shoulders, chest, and back for a stronger upper body.
- 【Ergonomic Design】Humanized design with PU pads for elbow protection, and the armrest of this dip station is slightly inclined towards the inside 10 degree to prevent the elbow from slipping off.
- 【6 Gear Regulation Height】The height of pull up bar can be adjusted from 64.56" to 88.18", suitable for all adult fitness needs at home, office.
- 【7-Position Adjustable Backrest】7 adjustable holes(1.2"-6.7") in the supporting tube, back cushion of power tower can be adjusted before and after based on the people size.
- 【Upgraded Armrest】Some customer feedback the arm handle is wobble after assemblesd, so we have made the improvement in this place to let it more stable. Only 2xM10*55 screws+2 nuts and 2xM10*45 screws(no nuts) are needed now. The detailed picture will be shown soon.
Dimensions (L x W x H): 41.2 x 39.7 x 64.56-88.18 inches (height is adjustable)
Max weight capacity: 440 pounds
The Sportsroyals Power Tower Dip Station is our best power tower due to its top-of-the-range design.
This power tower can handle up to 440 pounds, which makes it the best option if you plan on doing weighted bodyweight exercises, such as weighted pull-ups.
Overall, this premium power tower has the strongest build on this list with a 14-gauge steel frame that is adjustable and complete with non-slip feet and hand grips.
On top of that, the price is only slightly more than the previous power towers mentioned on this list.
- High-quality construction – this 14-gauge steel alloy power tower is sturdy enough to handle 440 pounds of weight
- Fully adjustable – adjustable height and adjustable backrest
- Ergonomic design – slightly inclined dip bars for improved dip performance
- Price – despite its extra features, the Sportsroyals Power Tower is reasonably priced
- Multifunctional – perfect for dips, hanging core exercises, push-ups, and pull-ups
- Not for gymnastics and calisthenics – not ideal for gymnasts and calisthenics athletes
Before buying dip bars, the most important thing to look at is the size of the dip bars. The dimensions — height, width, and length — will determine whether the dip bars are suitable for you and the exercises you want to perform.
Most dip bars (parallel bars) are around 30 inches tall. But if you are taller than 5’ 11”, you might want to consider buying taller dip bars.
The length of the dip bars will determine how much of the bar you can hold and the width will determine the stability of the dip bars on the floor.
Parallel Bars vs Power Tower
Should you buy parallel bars or a power tower? Dip bars are designed for performing a range of bodyweight exercises, such as dips, core exercises, and gymnastics/calisthenics exercises.
Power towers, on the other hand, also allow you to perform pull-ups.
If you have a small budget and are not interested in doing pull-ups, dip bars are versatile enough to satisfy most home workout enthusiasts.
If you want to do pull-ups, however, and are not interested in gymnastics/calisthenics exercises, power towers are the better option.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Exercises Can You Do With A Dip Bar?
Dip bars, also known as parallel bars or tall parallettes, are versatile home workout equipment for all kinds of bodyweight training.
Despite being called dip bars, you can also use them for leg raises, knee raises, bodyweight rows, bodyweight curls, and more.
Parallel bars are also popular for performing gymnastics and calisthenics exercises.
These include handstands, handstand push-ups, planches, l-sits, l-sit pull-ups, front levers, back levers, assisted pistol squats, and more.
Can You Build Muscle With Dip Bars?
Dip bars are effective workout equipment that is versatile enough to build muscle at home without going to the gym.
You can perform a range of exercises on dip ranges that will challenge you, no matter what level of fitness you are, with the option to add weight.
Dip bars and dip stations are especially effective for building chest muscle, tricep muscle, and shoulder muscle.
Parallel bars can also be used to train back muscles, bicep muscles, and core muscles (abs).
Are Dips Better Than Bench Press?
One of the most frequently asked questions about building chest muscle is whether dips or bench presses are more effective.
The answer is that it depends on the intensity of the exercise itself and the goal in mind.
Chest dips are ideal for targeting the lower pectoral muscles and are similar to performing a decline bench press.
One advantage is that chest dips can be performed without a bench or weights, with the option to add weight (with a dip belt) if desired.
On the other hand, the bench press is more versatile when it comes to the amount of weight you can add.
However, benches, barbells, and weight plates are more expensive and the exercise itself often requires the assistance of a spotter.
Last update on 2022-06-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API