A weight sled is a tool used to work the front and rear muscles of the body, through techniques such as pushing and pulling, with this device you can perform exercises to increase power, acceleration, endurance, and balance, so they are ideal for training professional athletes of various disciplines and anyone who wants to work your body efficiently.
This tool originated in Scandinavian countries, where it was used to transport logs from one place to another with ease.
Composition of a weight sled
This device is composed of a structure generally made of steel, which has a central body where the weights are placed, two fastening bars, grip points, and some pieces of contact with the surface that function as skates when the sled is pushed, they can have handles to grip them that vary in height.
They are manufactured in various designs depending on the brand, they differ from traditional weight lifting equipment, in that these are fixed, while the sled is pushed with the execution of the exercise.
How to use a weight sled
With this equipment the task of performing exercises is not something complicated, just enough to have an adequate precaution in the handling of the weights, and how to perform the movements, following some steps the physical practice with a sled will be something very simple.
- It is very important to select the appropriate weight, this weight is placed in the central part of the sled that is located between the bars, and the amount of weight should be in accordance with the physical condition of the person who will perform the action, and the muscles to be worked.
- The next action to be performed starts by firmly holding the bars, extending the arms, and pushing the sled forward, the best position to take is with the head facing the floor during the exercise, this way of performing the exercise prevents cervical injuries and provides more efficiency in performing the exercise correctly.
- While performing the sled push, the strides should not be exaggerated, they should be short and firm, keeping the back straight for the duration of the exercise, initially, you should exercise in the correct way to execute it, it is the way to learn how to use the sled so that the exercise provides the expected results.
- Do not work on the sled push with exaggerated weights, there are two things to avoid, first to reduce the risk of injury by trying to work with weights for which the body is not prepared, and secondly the exaggerated weight can make the exercise tedious and difficult to perform, which will cause demotivation. Incorporate the weights gradually while conditioning the body, as you improve the technique in the execution of the exercise and improving your physical condition, you can increase the weight load.
Benefits of the use of a weight sled
- Increased strength, power, and endurance are the basis of this tool.
- Improves blood circulation, due to the metabolic demand required by this exercise that eliminates lactic acids.
- Minimizes the risk of injury to a high degree.
- This exercise provides training of several muscle groups at the same time.
- Strengthens the development of the abdominal muscles, hip flexors, quadriceps, back muscles, calves, glutes, hamstrings, calves, and triceps.
- The sled workout routines are special for burning calories, with three minutes of pushing you can burn 250 calories.
- Easy adaptability. **Best weight sled
The Best weight sled
It is a very useful tool for physical training, made of 11-gauge steel, rubber grips have closed ends on the handles to push low, and largely provided with caps is designed to provide great durability and resistance to daily use, withstanding the extreme conditions of any surface.
REP FITNESS Apower
It is a very robust sled, made of super-strong steel 7 and 11 gauge, has handles for high and low push, also has attachment eyelets for ropes or harness, to perform drag exercises.
It has a capacity for 600 pounds of weight and its frame has a 5-year warranty, which is proof of its durability and high resistance.
If you want to develop your body efficiently, without complications or a lot of artifacts, purchase a REP FITNESS Apower or an APE from SportsPerformanceAdvantage.com and convince yourself that sleds of this type are the best to achieve efficient results and have the body you have desired without fatiguing efforts.